The Official "No Peeking" Support Group thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Im planning on going cold turkey til my gigs this time round. Last time i was able to predict the setlist for the show at Cardiff before Id even seen it so it kinda took something away from the show. Of course it helps theres only a few shows into the tour this time round before i see the band :wink:

Maybe the Mods could find a better place than the tour "Set List" thread section for those that don't want to know anything ahead of time.:lol:

Maybe like a 360 Tour Ostrich (head in sand) Section.

Mark

I've been debating this same issue with my wife. My other thought is this, won't this make some superfans feel like a "newbie."

I don't want to peak, and I don't want anything to be spoiled before I see them, but I doubt I can make it....I held out for No Line, but it'll be tough not to read any reviews, setlists, etc.....I am going to try this time, though.
It was easy for Elevation because I think they played ATL as third show, so it was all new then :)

Last tour I had a blast following the nightly 1000-post concert threads. I look forward to doing the same thing this year. Even if they play the exact same set on every night.

My first concert is Nice on the 15th (or is it 16th?) of July.

I can wait for 16 days, so yes, I support this group and I will not be peeking or anything.

But if they do play Lemon, tell me anyway.

I'm holding out. I meen it this time. because it will REALLY fuck up the tension of sitting there and not knowing....a thing.

and if I sign on between barcelona and wembley, I would like Sicy to shoot me.

Or ban me.

now thats holding back folks! :wink:

if it took a voluntary temporary banning to not find out a thing, i would consider it. :wink:

even then though, one of my stupid friends would tell me out of the blue one day, "Yeah, i heard they're playing the entire album".

I really, REALLY would like to be surprised. My first show is Chicago (SEPTEMBER!) so that would mean I'd have to be careful about logging into Interference during the whole Summer--at least it will be nice outside and I'll have more to do.

After my first show, however, I will be all about the setlist parties!

so i'm already thinking about backing out on this and making a compromise. what's killing me is the thought of not being able to listen to a bootleg while knowing it's available. so here's my compromise:

- Download a bootleg of opening night only and listen like crazy for the 2 months between opening night and Chicago.

- Do not check any setlists after opening night

i think this is the best way for me to survive. i'm sure the setlist will change quite a bit from opening night to Chicago, so i'll still have plenty of surprises.

Is a non-permanent suspension available in all seriousness?

but then what will stop you from going to U2start.com? :D

i think the reason why i'm giving in a little is because i could even see it spoiled for me on the Atease forum when i least expect it.

I actually did this for the Vertigo tour and it made the experience so much better than on Elevation where I pretty much knew exactly what they were going to do.

Now it helped that the Vertigo show was one of the first on the tour. I'm not sure if I could wait if they don't get to Seattle until 2010!

Im joining this club for sure. Guess Illl just have to avoid whole interference site for the summer though ...

No way. I gotta see where / when Larry comes out from behind that kit so i know where to stand. But, as someone who waited until the official release date to listen to NLOTH, I wish you the best of luck. Stay strong.

I'm glad I only have to hold out for about two weeks until the first Paris gig. No way would I be able to wait for more than a month. I'm too weak!

I'm not going to even try it. I'll be in the setlist parties, contributing to the simultaneous and instantaneous crashes of U2Torrents, U2Start, and Traders' Den, and listening in to anything live (please?) that we might get.

Back
Top Bottom