The Official Major League F'ing Baseball Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
why i still hate the yankees...

you're only 4.5 games out... AND IT'S APRIL!!! i'd relax juuuuuuust a wee bit. these are the red sox we're talking about, after all... a 4.5 game lead with 5 games to go isn't safe with the red sox, let alone one with 143 games to go. wait till at least 50 games have been played before ya start worrying... or gloating.

Last edited:
You explained it yourself. If he was anyone else, he'd be gone. They've fired hitting coaches before, because they weren't getting the job done. Donnie gets a free pass because he was a good Yankee? I smell NY crap. Doesn't that insult the job of hitting coach?

Now that A-Roid has broken out of his slump to the tune of .257, the Yanks are doing fine, raising the team avg. to a robust .217.
Frankly there's no excuse for the majority of their players.
Giambi, Jeter, Williams, Sheffield should not need the tutelege of Donnie Baseketball to produce.

Post the number and nature of nagging injuries affecting your team (as in the team you follow most closely).

Angels:
Brendan Donnely - nose broken in 20 places. Expected to be off the DL early May and contributing by the first of June. :|

David Eckstein - strained his groin today, expected to go on the DL. :|

Garrett Anderson - sore upper back - has missed a career record (for him) 5 consecutive games and no guarantee he'll be back any sooner than a week from now. :|

Jose Guillen - pitchers have nailed him on the left wrist TWICE this season and he's not 100%. But at least he's playing. :|

Vlad - noticeably limping with sore knee. But at least he's playing. :|

Kelvim Escobar - split fingernail. Caused him to leave the game early last week. Intends to use false fingernail. Hope it works. :|

Benjie Molina - must be periodically rested due to sore hamstrings, which can generally be attributed to the fact that he's grossly out of shape. :|

As you can see, this stuff bums me out. :|

The good news is, we're still winning. :evil:

Nomaaahhh...Achilles Bruise, still out.
Trot...Back problems, likely to never play agin
Bung Hole...Starting Thurs (ugh)
Yet the Sox are in first, and recently took 6 of 7 from the Bronx Bombs

Hewson said:
Nomaaahhh...Achilles Bruise, still out.
Trot...Back problems, likely to never play agin
Bung Hole...Starting Thurs (ugh)
Yet the Sox are in first, and recently took 6 of 7 from the Bronx Bombs

relax... you're just setting yourself up for more disapointment come october :wink:

only major injury problems i have are for jose reyes, who is expected back early next week... and a.j. burnett, who isn't expected back till june at the earliest, but i know that already and am just stashing him away on the DL till then.

Last edited:
damn the rain... damn it to hell.

went to fenway last night, got to boston at 4:30, once I went in the stadium, starts raining... a light rain, figured theyd still play... followed by downpours...until the cancelled it at 9. oh well.

just means i have to skip school to go to fenway on my birthday tomorrow :wink:

The good thing is its gonna be like 75 and sunny tomorrow.
The bad thing is you hafta watch Bung Hole Kim pitch for the Sox. If you're in the bleachers, bring a glove.

i actually think kim will be a very good pitcher in a year or two. he needs time to adjust to being a starting pitcher, and hes also very young, with plenty of time to improve.

im sitting near pesky's pole, right field box seats a few rows up and to the foul side of it.

Cubs_Fans.jpg

:wink:

Report from inside enemy territory:

I watched the game from Ozzie Smith's bar and restaurant here in St. Louis. I had a Blues Burger (four stars out five...would have been better with a toasted bun).

Cubs win - and I wish the bar had a mute button. The broadcasters on WB11 here in St. Louis have the most annoying announcers. :down: :down: :down: :down:

On to our championship game against Mizzou - sadly, at the same time as cubs/cards.

how bout dem cards, im going to the game tomorrow, should be a good time

and can the reds ever hold a lead?

i got my tickets to shea stadium coming up this may...

can't wait... pujols and co should have a field day...

im 2-0 this year in seeing my al team in boston win, once against the yanks and once against the drays, but the cards take presedence over them anyday. i wish they came around more often, sadly i was there at roger clemens 300th win and 4000th K in the cardinal loss last year at yankee stadium, so even though they lost at least i saw something historic

Back
Top Bottom