The OFFICIAL Interference World Cup Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the rockin edge said:

well true, but Portugal are here.

what qualifys as a "top team"?

In my humble opinion, World Cup "tradition" (i.e., playing in most of them and doing relatively well), hopefully winning at least one tournament before, being considered a candidate to win this one, being a group seed, etc.

I am afraid that Portugal does not qualify with most of those conditions.

U2@NYC said:

In my humble opinion, World Cup "tradition" (i.e., playing in most of them and doing relatively well), hopefully winning at least one tournament before, being considered a candidate to win this one, being a group seed, etc.

I am afraid that Portugal does not qualify with most of those conditions.

:hmm: makes sense.

and to answer your earlier question, when England play Sweden, the only reason i would be concerned would be because Sweden have some good players...nothing to do with Ericksons nationality.

and even then, i'm not that concerned anyway :p

To me Portugal IS a top team . They got such a great squad that a lot of teams dont have . In Fact the situation of Portugal today to me is like old Holland , they didnt win but they always had such a great team and they were always able to do a lot . Just look at the 94 and 98 games with brazil for example . They were epics , yeah sure in the 1st Bergkamp , which I adore him as player , but he did the "Maradona trick" , still it was a really tough game for Brazil . Same in 98 . Anyway the point is , today Portugal can do the same , if they dont go too far at least , they will gave a game the winner that wished never played with them . The winner team is going to get out of it , very exausted .

J_NP said:

And since we were talkin bout Milan , a bit of the city , u live in Milan right mate ? Could u give a little light on this , are one of these 2 hotels close to the San Siro ?

IBIS MILANO CA´GRANDA
VIALLE SUZZANI, 13 20162

IBIS MILANO CENTRO
VIA ZAROTTO, 8 20124

This is a nice one and really close to the stadium:

HOTEL LE QUERCE
VIA JACOPO DELLE QUERCE, 6
20149 MILANO

TELEPHONE & FAX: 0039/02-4694552

or this one, which is a bit cheaper:

HOTEL BONOLA
VIA TORRAZZA, 15
20151 MILANO

PHONE: 0039/02-38101746
FAX:0039/02-38101786

Btw, don't forget that "San Siro" is also the name of the city section where the stadium is

Last edited:
Thats cool mate , but still u know these 2 , which is the closer to the Std. BTW I was watching yesterday a program showing Julio Cesar apart. and from the window of it , u got a great view of the Std , he lives very close to it and what a view :drool: I'm officially in love with this stadium , I cant wait for the Milan Dvd

J_NP said:

BTW talkin bout azurra , and again Pirlo he's gonna be the official freekicker right ? And the attack , Dino Toni and Inzaghi or will be Gillardino ?

Don't know, since you have players like Totti, Del Piero and Pirlo each of them can shoot freekicks, under this point of view we are very good. Attack, Luca Toni will be sure, I don't know how Lippi wants to play, tonight against Switzerland Toni will be the only "true" forward supported by Totti and Del Piero. I think that at the worldcup Totti will play behind Toni and Gilardino

J_NP said:
Thats cool mate , but still u know these 2 , which is the closer to the Std. BTW I was watching yesterday a program showing Julio Cesar apart. and from the window of it , u got a great view of the Std , he lives very close to it and what a view :drool: I'm officially in love with this stadium , I cant wait for the Milan Dvd

:) I know what it means to be in that stadium, it's everytime an experience, and I still have scared in my mind the day I've seen U2 there.........................:drool: It's el maximo!

Those 2 hotels are not so close the stadium like those other 2 I have signed you, and they're even more expensive, if I don't get wrong, at Ibis you pay 99 Euro for a night, but their more near the centrum. Le Querce you pay not more than 40 Euro, I believe, and Bonola around 30 Euro. These prices are for one person booking.

Julio Cesar better makes a better season next year, otherwise he will see San Siro from another perspective.................television!
:wink:

babyman said:

:) I know what it means to be in that stadium, it's everytime an experience, and I still have scared in my mind the day I've seen U2 there.........................:drool: It's el maximo!

Those 2 hotels are not so close the stadium like those other 2 I have signed you, and they're even more expensive, if I don't get wrong, at Ibis you pay 99 Euro for a night, but their more near the centrum. Le Querce you pay not more than 40 Euro, I believe, and Bonola around 30 Euro. These prices are for one person booking.

Julio Cesar better makes a better season next year, otherwise he will see San Siro from another perspective.................television!

The thing is mate , these 2 are part of this plan , which like u pay a certain tax in the year , and u got free 7 reservations in the year , anywhere in the world , including Milano.

MMmmm , you guys think he failed ? I though he was doing great in Inter , the crowd seemed to like him , dont know.......

mmm and in few hours theres gonna be Italy's game , gonna watch it , it's together with Ger X Jap , most interesting game of the week.

J_NP said:

The thing is mate , these 2 are part of this plan , which like u pay a certain tax in the year , and u got free 7 reservations in the year , anywhere in the world , including Milano.

MMmmm , you guys think he failed ? I though he was doing great in Inter , the crowd seemed to like him , dont know.......

mmm and in few hours theres gonna be Italy's game , gonna watch it , it's together with Ger X Jap , most interesting game of the week.

Yeah, but their not so indicated for your case.....................don't know, try to have more informations about.

Julio Cesar started good, but he went losing the map game after game actually, he has shown too many insecurities, he has to grow yet. Another thing is that he took Toldo's place, who is one of our absolute idles at Inter. Mancini has put Julio immediately as number 1, this was a big mistake, because you have to work and show a lot before getting the number 1 at Inter. It was probably the trainer's fault, he has given to him to much responsabilities in a very short time. He's a good keeper, but I much prefer Toldo, but Julio definitely needs and deserves a second chance to make things better.
Don't wait nothing special of Italy tonight, it's gonna be very experimental. Germany-Japan was a great one, once again the germans showed their not a team. I think they will have done a lot by passing the groupstages, and Japan will make it hard to Croatia for 2nd place

And more one player cut , this time the displeasure went to Brazil , and it was the guy babyman was just talking yesterday with me about barca , Edmilson is out .

It's a loss , ugly loss anyway coz remember he was a champion with barcelona and all , great player but it's like , he wasnt in the main team , Altough they prefer to call it a 23 players A team . The thing is , there's already a name called , and in terms of position there was already Gilberto Silva as well , who u know was also in the Champ. League Final . in a nutshell it's a lost , but it's not like a vital loss.

Useful England win last night!

Cole and Owen getting more match practise.
Crouch looked very good for the last 25 minutes and a very well taken goal!
Walcott got his first run out and could still be a masterstroke by Sven.
Gerrard solid enough.

Unfortunately Lampard looked a bit lost with Carragher behind him and it took away his confidence to go forward. Perhaps Carrick would have been better suited.

Best part of the night - Beckham! Looked very fit, showed great vision and passing, superb crossing for two of the goals and heading into a championship in prime form. Has played very will for Real Madrid and he looks so so ready for this World Cup.

People have prematurely called time on Beckham (and some continue too) but when he is on form England follow.

Expect great things because I have a good feeling the World Cup is on its way home.

I have seen England has a secret weapon:

enthusiasm

They're get on well together, and plus they have so many strong players. I have never seen a much stronger english team than this one. Who wants to win, must first beat England

They won easily...hungarian football is crap...though they were more times in the final at the 1950s. But now:eyebrow: , they cant even attain world cup. sorry to say that, but it's a shame

the team do get on well and want to play for each other and i think the players respect beckham as captain.

i did the BBC predictor today for the World Cup.

England got to the final after winning their group and then beating Poland, Argentina and Brazil.

They met Italy in the final who beat the hosts in the semi's!

I am getting far too excited about it all now!

:drool:

England vs Italy could be a great one, all european final :drool:

babyman said:
I have seen England has a secret weapon:

enthusiasm

They're get on well together, and plus they have so many strong players. I have never seen a much stronger english team than this one. Who wants to win, must first beat England

unlike the French..

And Italy is winning . They look like a fast strike now .

Was , looks like they are missing Nesta , coz Italy's defense is weird today .

One more comment , about a certain moment :

Before anything , I gotta tell ya I am not a fan of Gattuso , always thought he was , before anything violent , and look at what He did :| I really thought that guy he kicked wasnt goin to get up , or like , to the ones who didnt see , Gattuso kicked a switz guy in the knee , simple as that , and put the man down crying , dude seriously , only few days before the cup , C'mon ...........

Edit.:

One more :huh: Seriously are some italian trying to get the switz out of the cup , c'mon ! wheres the bloody red card of the referee , Gattuso and the 4 , Rossi I think should be out , C'mon .....

:| And one more of Perrota , seriously , can somebody remind them this is a friendly ?

Last edited:
jimmmm said:

I've got more chance of going to bed with Halle Berry, than that happening!

Some people would've said the same about Senegal beating France, USA beating England in 1950, Cameroon defeating Argentina

I'm sorry for jumping in here but I'm really pressed for time these days and can't go through all the previous posts. Is anyone planning to do an office pool for the World Cup? I'd like to do something like the NCAA March Madness bracket thingy (in the US) but am having a hard time working out something sensible for the Cup. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

I found a template here: http://www.officepoolfun.com/ but I'm not entirely happy with it.

Cheers

J_NP said:
One more comment , about a certain moment :

Before anything , I gotta tell ya I am not a fan of Gattuso , always thought he was , before anything violent , and look at what He did :| I really thought that guy he kicked wasnt goin to get up , or like , to the ones who didnt see , Gattuso kicked a switz guy in the knee , simple as that , and put the man down crying , dude seriously , only few days before the cup , C'mon ...........

Edit.:

One more :huh: Seriously are some italian trying to get the switz out of the cup , c'mon ! wheres the bloody red card of the referee , Gattuso and the 4 , Rossi I think should be out , C'mon .....

:| And one more of Perrota , seriously , can somebody remind them this is a friendly ?

well, the swiss didn't take off the leg in fact of hitting, what the goalkeeper has done on Iaquinta was more than a red card................
I knew this game would come out so, it happens always between Italy and Switzerland, these teams should never play against each other

the rockin edge said:

England vs Italy could be a great one, all european final :drool:

Another wet dream

But I must say I don't know how Italy's chances are, it will be clear only after the first 2 games against Ghana and Usa. I don't know what's in their heads exactly, if football and troubles, troubles and football, only football, only trouble......................................:huh:

(or only girls :shh: )

babyman said:

Another wet dream

But I must say I don't know how Italy's chances are, it will be clear only after the first 2 games against Ghana and Usa. I don't know what's in their heads exactly, if football and troubles, troubles and football, only football, only trouble......................................:huh:

(or only girls :shh: )

of course it would only be great if England beat Italy ;)

i haven't seen Italy play (unfortunantly) but from what i have heard/read they are very good...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom