The Official Grammy Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
UnforgettableLemon said:

That statement, however, is sort of Eurocentric. There are plenty of musical traditions that focus around rhythm instead of melody, such as most Native American and African music. Melody is only ONE element of music. There is good music without drumming and percussion (much celtic music), and there is much good music focused on drums and percussion.

Yeah. I definitely see what you mean. I'm just having a lot of trouble rationalizing rap as music. I can't explain it. A feeling's so much stronger than a thought, and my feelings are telling me it's not music.

Awesome!! I'm so glad they won again! I cracked up watching Edge and Larry having a chat while Bono gave his speech.

Melissa and Joss were freaking amazing!! Did anyone happen to get it? I'd love to see it posted. hint hint! :)

Larry just apologized on national television, Bono actually let other people talk, and Edge said the Grammy was for his daughter.

Everyone, be happy now.

see...I told ya..Tim Mcgraw took Bono's hat....Billie Joe should stick with Green Day songs...

What cracks me up is even after 25 years they still can't organize their grammy acceptance speech. Did you see when Bono said anyone and rolled his eyes. Too cute!! The reason I've loved them after so much time. I also still cheered out loud when they won. It is good to be a fan. :rockon:

Thank you Larry for making an apology, you can't ask for more public than that. :bow: :larry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom