The "I have NLOTH CD/digipack/BOXset" thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Me too. THIS IS TORTURE!! :sad:

This is exactly why I didn't preorder this time around. My HTDAAB Deluxe Version didn't arrive until about four days after release date and it almost killed me, even though I had already downloaded from iTunes.

This time around I just went to Best Buy because I knew they would have it and at a decent price.

I read in this thread that the Linear DVD just has a 2 channel mix. A friend of mine claimed that another forum listed that the DVD had a 5.1 mix. Can anyone verify what type of audio the DVD has?

Yep, it's 2 channel only, but it is uncompressed PCM at least. I ripped a couple of tracks from the DVD and the audio looks like it's more or less identical to what's on the CD.

Someone please convince me to get the boxset.

I looked at the price and chickened out and just picked up the digipack and Vinyl.

I am regretting it but I need some solid convincing.

My deluxe boxset just arrived today. I love all of the artwork. Love having a real copy of Linear, but most of all I love the enourmous white box! It's a work of art! :)

Someone please convince me to get the boxset.

I looked at the price and chickened out and just picked up the digipack and Vinyl.

I am regretting it but I need some solid convincing.

Where'd you see it?
I went to Best Buy and got my box set for $70 as opposed to the $100 it was originally advertised for...

Trust me, the super-mega-ultra-deluxe-funpack edition rocks. :wink:

This is exactly why I didn't preorder this time around. My HTDAAB Deluxe Version didn't arrive until about four days after release date and it almost killed me, even though I had already downloaded from iTunes.

This time around I just went to Best Buy because I knew they would have it and at a decent price.

I ordered it due to the awesome wrong price LOL! I'll wait it out. I can be brave. :drool:

:mad::mad::mad::mad: I got my boxset today and it's DAMAGED! It's nothing big to anyone else but to me it's STARING ME IN THE FACE! Now I gotta exchange it, right? :sad:

Then what if I get a new one and something is wrong with that too?

oooh that sucks.
When I got mine at Best Buy, I was waiting at the register to pay for it and then noticed that one of the corners was completely dented....I was like, oh hell no.....got out of line and got another one.:)
Hope you can return it.

oooh that sucks.
When I got mine at Best Buy, I was waiting at the register to pay for it and then noticed that one of the corners was completely dented....I was like, oh hell no.....got out of line and got another one.:)
Hope you can return it.

People here at work think I'm crazy. I THINK I'M RIGHT! I emailed Amazon about a straight exchange.

Yeah, the dent would drive me crazy. I know this will bug me if I don't exchange it.

People here at work think I'm crazy. I THINK I'M RIGHT! I emailed Amazon about a straight exchange.

Yeah, the dent would drive me crazy. I know this will bug me if I don't exchange it.

:up: absolutely send it back and get a pretty new one :yes: you would just get cranky everytime you look at it, and its a lot of money so it deserves to be in good knick . . . mine arrived and one corner of the white paper was coming away :angry: but I managed to fix it . . . and its stored in a zip lock bag at the moment :reject: . . . my kids keep wanting to touch it . . . its white . . . it could get ugly :lol: . . . thats why I love the digipak . . . the little plastic cover keeps it nice and cleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaan :nerd: (yes, therapy session booked for later this week :wink: )

I got the box set for 64 dollars on Amazon. It's okay. The poster is worthless due to the fold marks being permanent. I haven't really checked out the book yet.

:up: absolutely send it back and get a pretty new one :yes: you would just get cranky everytime you look at it, and its a lot of money so it deserves to be in good knick . . . mine arrived and one corner of the white paper was coming away :angry: but I managed to fix it . . . and its stored in a zip lock bag at the moment :reject: . . . my kids keep wanting to touch it . . . its white . . . it could get ugly :lol: . . . thats why I love the digipak . . . the little plastic cover keeps it nice and cleeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaan :nerd: (yes, therapy session booked for later this week :wink: )

Here's are pictures for you to help you commiserate with me. (I don't even know if that makes sense...)

Picture033a.jpg

Picture031a.jpg

Picture032a.jpg

I got the box set for 64 dollars on Amazon. It's okay. The poster is worthless due to the fold marks being permanent. I haven't really checked out the book yet.

I wonder if the fold would go away a bit if framed? The booklet is my favorite item in the box.

Amazon is great about customer service.
I had some issues with some DVDs I ordered and I had the replacements in hand before I even got a chance to send back the defective ones.

Amazon is great about customer service.
I had some issues with some DVDs I ordered and I had the replacements in hand before I even got a chance to send back the defective ones.

Ohh that's awesome! I've never returned anything to Amazon before. I emailed them and I'm awaiting the reply.

Ohh that's awesome! I've never returned anything to Amazon before. I emailed them and I'm awaiting the reply.

Use the Call feature (if you can) -- they'll connect you ASAP and they're great about taking care of you

oooh that sucks.
Hope you can return it.

Ha ha... I found myself doing the same thing with the Vinyl LP. I got it at Best Buy and hours after, I noticed that it was scratched. So of course, went to another Best Buy and found the one that was almost perfect in all corners etc. I'm such a stickler for that. Glad to see I'm not the only one.

Finally got mine :yippie:

But why the hell did they glue the freaking poster to the inside of the CD :scream:

I totally ruined it taking it off. :sigh:

Back
Top Bottom