The Djibouti Chat Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bono_man2002 said:

I might jump on before work for a bit, thats If I can be Bothered getting up at 6:30 instead of 7 :madspit:

See you in where ever we are next:wave:

I'll miss Djibouti!

Yikes, that's early! I'll surely be asleep then. :wink:

See you hopefully in Te Urewera National Park! Beautiful place, horrible name.

:wave:

unico said:
this is me bringing the burnt penis one post closer to reality

Here's me helping out too.

Though that's a painful thought when you put it that way.

Varitek needs to wake up. Or is she banning herself from the Internet and won't be around?

Or we just need some new postwhores.

YES. We need that edit urgently.

She didn't even mention how it was coming along. :tsk:

(Though I forgot to ask too ...)

Laaaame.

Maybe I should search back and see what she said when she left ...

OK, she posted this at what must've been early evening US time:

Varitek said:
OK time for work :sad:

then I will not return for at least a day :sad:

:sad:

Then she posted for hours into the night!

So who knows. She probably has lots of very good intentions. Anybody betting on them coming to fruition is throwing their money away.

We need some kind of work-doing machine so that nobody gets deprived of their Interference time.

I'm a ghost. It's hard to accomplish things when you just ... pass through solid objects.

What kind of nonsense can we talk about to get this over the line?

But I'm a boring person who's interested in things like trams, setlists, and the 19th century socio-political history of New Zealand. Are you sure you want to risk me picking the topic?

Actually, I know what I should post in here! From my private fantasy tour database on U2VT, here's the setlists from U2's concerts in Djibouti. Vazza dislikes the first one due to Ito Okashi's presence.

2006-07-27: Stade du Ville, Djibouti City - Djibouti

City Of Blinding Lights
Babyface
Ito Okashi
Luminous Times
October
New Year's Day
Gloria
Sunday Bloody Sunday
The Cry
The Electric Co.
Things To Make And Do
Love Comes Tumbling
Stories For Boys
Treasure (Whatever Happened To Pete The Chop?)
Crumbs From Your Table
Walk On

People Get Ready
Party Girl
Summer Rain
All I Want Is You

Xanax And Wine
Big Girls Are Best
Vertigo

2006-07-28: Stade du Ville, Djibouti City - Djibouti

Mofo
I Will Follow
All Because Of You
Vertigo
Elevation
The Cry
The Electric Co.
Indian Summer Sky
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Stand Still
Sweetest Thing
Stateless
The Ground Beneath Her Feet
With Or Without You
One
Love Is Blindness

Beautiful Day
City Of Blinding Lights
Mysterious Ways
Lady With The Spinning Head
The Fly

One Tree Hill
Where The Streets Have No Name

Axver said:
OK, she posted this at what must've been early evening US time:

Then she posted for hours into the night!

So who knows. She probably has lots of very good intentions. Anybody betting on them coming to fruition is throwing their money away.

:madspit:

ian said he'd try with much better software, in the meantime I have a paper to write and I am only checing this because I woke up a little early.

I also dislike Babyface.

Varitek said:
ian said he'd try with much better software, in the meantime I have a paper to write and I am only checing this because I woke up a little early.

I also dislike Babyface.

I thought Ian said he might try. Well, I hope one of you does it soon!

And suuure, likely excuse. :wink:

Yes, COBL/Babyface/Ito isn't one of the best opening trios ever. I was trying to mix things up. It was near the end of the first African leg and I was getting experimental. On the second African leg, I try to do something stupid along the lines of not repeating a single opener for 40 consecutive shows. Some bizarre stuff shows up ...

Varitek said:
also what is burnt penis and which is our next country?

We're going to Te Urewera National Park next! Te Urewera is Maori for "the burnt penis". It's in the North Island of New Zealand.

45ed x2.

Axver said:

I thought Ian said he might try. Well, I hope one of you does it soon!

And suuure, likely excuse. :wink:

Yes, COBL/Babyface/Ito isn't one of the best opening trios ever. I was trying to mix things up. It was near the end of the first African leg and I was getting experimental. On the second African leg, I try to do something stupid along the lines of not repeating a single opener for 40 consecutive shows. Some bizarre stuff shows up ...

If you were really desingning their setlists you would need to be a bit more consistent than that.

Varitek said:

If you were really desingning their setlists you would need to be a bit more consistent than that.

Shame that, huh? I just counted it up and I use 36 different openers over the 36 final shows of the second African leg - and the opener of the 37th show, the 1st of the third leg, is also different.

There's normal stuff, like Streets and Elevation, cool stuff like Hawkmoon and God Part II, and unusual stuff like THBAO, Beautiful Ghost, United Colours, and Indian Summer Sky.

unico said:
Not even a Baby Got Back snippet? This is Djibouti after all.

I don't do snippets on my fantasy database. It's quite enough to do tour schedules and the sets themselves! I've thought about adding them, but I'm too far gone now.

Axver said:

Shame that, huh? I just counted it up and I use 36 different openers over the 36 final shows of the second African leg - and the opener of the 37th show, the 1st of the third leg, is also different.

There's normal stuff, like Streets and Elevation, cool stuff like Hawkmoon and God Part II, and unusual stuff like THBAO, Beautiful Ghost, United Colours, and Indian Summer Sky.

Yeah I think ideally you'd be limited to normal and cool stuff.

Varitek said:

Yeah I think ideally you'd be limited to normal and cool stuff.

I think United Colours and Beautiful Ghost would both work as openers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom