The Day After - Post Superbowl Thoughts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clarityat3am

I Serve Larry's Stick
Now that we've all slept on the Superbowl, what are your thoughts on the whole thing? I'm still reeling over the U2 performance, but I think that most of us are!
biggrin.gif
Oh and Larry's mesh shirt!!! hehe *drool*

------------------
me in chat: Holy fecking mesh Batman!

"It's all about drums."

Proud owner of the mofoin Discoboos (boom cha!) and Larry's stick...hehe.

Whether you love me or hate me you can still email me: clarityat3am@hotmail.com

Originally posted by clarityat3am:
Now that we've all slept on the Superbowl, what are your thoughts on the whole thing? I'm still reeling over the U2 performance, but I think that most of us are!
biggrin.gif
Oh and Larry's mesh shirt!!! hehe *drool*

I haven?t slept at all It was in the middle of the frigging night here!!

------------------
"Master of sexual innuendo"

"PLEBA Mansion Bootler"

"Proud member of the U2 gender"

I know most of you were distracted by Larry's mesh shirt, but did anyone else think he lost a little weight?? I thought he looked a little thin to me?

Oh, and, Uh, maybe I was too gaga over Bono but I didn't even notice Larry's see thru shirt
eek.gif

I do not know what is wrong with me. I taped it, so I'll watch it again tonight. Maybe it was all the excitement.

------------------
Work like you don't need to
Love like you've never been hurt
Dance like no one is watching

WHAT mesh shirt? I never even payed any attention until I read it here. I was too busy watching Bono! It was a great show and I am proud of them, like the Patriots, they showed the world!

These two grumpy old farts at Burger King this morning were saying how great Mariah Carey was, and I told them my favorite band was much better- they were the ones who played the halftime show. They looked at me and said, 'that U2? Are they forgeiners, I couldn't understand a word they said!' I told them they were Irish and I could understand every word with no problem. They just stared at me. Must be deaf! My brother and his drunk friends said Bono looks like Corey Feldman with the short slicked back hair. I talked to him on the phone, he wasn't with me, or I'd have beaten them all with a pole- the drunks convinced him to switch to the sluts on the other channnel!
mad.gif
HOW COULD THEY!!
mad.gif
His wife was mad and went upstairs to watch U2. Good for her!

------------------
"I was born a MacPhisto"

Originally posted by u2loopy:
I know most of you were distracted by Larry's mesh shirt, but did anyone else think he lost a little weight?? I thought he looked a little thin to me?

Oh, and, Uh, maybe I was too gaga over Bono but I didn't even notice Larry's see thru shirt
eek.gif

I do not know what is wrong with me. I taped it, so I'll watch it again tonight. Maybe it was all the excitement.

MESH!

sb1.JPG

There's more in MG's thread too!

http://forum.interference.com/u2feedback/Forum7/HTML/003805.html

------------------

"It's all about drums."

[This message has been edited by clarityat3am (edited 02-04-2002).]

I thought the performance was excellent!! Loved EDGE's butterfly shirt!!!

It was definitely a very powerful performance! I was pleasantly shocked when they played MLK! I almost lost it when the names began scrolling down.... I couldn't help but think about my friend that died in the WTC attacks... His name was up there somewhere..

I knew it was great, but today when I made my morning stroll over the REM forum that I visit (there they think everything U2 does U2 sells out, the latest one was because U2 is attempting to save their studio, they are selling out) and they were actually saying NICE things about U2 and the performance, I knew it was destined to go down as one of the greatest Super Bowl performances ever
biggrin.gif
Oh, and a friend of mine told me that they were just talking about it on Regis and Kelly. WHOO HOO! U2 ROCKS! (not that I had to tell you all that
wink.gif
)

------------------
Dana

"U2 is hot."
-random girl from my math class.

I was switching radio stations on the way into work this morning to find out what people were saying about the performance. Every station that I tuned into said that "U2 blew everyone away", and I heard a few people say that it was one of the best performance's that they had ever seen!!

I have a feeling that more people are going to be jumping on the bandwagon today!! That was definatly a performance that could earn them new fans.

I hear everyone say how much they admire U2 for not singing with Britney Spears, and how bad she sucks!

------------------
"I was born a MacPhisto"

I was just over at mtv.com because I was terribly bored, and putting off work that I needed to get done, and there were a lot of people visitng the U2 page. And on their dumb message board, people were praising U2. I'm on a high! I can't wait to bust around some more in my U2 clothes!

------------------
Dana

"U2 is hot."

I couldn't sleep last night--must be sensory overload.

------------------
You will believe in me
And I can never be ignored

Eh, well I was on Mesh overload last night
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Larry looked sooooooooo fookin hot *thud* I think he did loose a little weight...ya know when you stop touring you have nothing to do but make an album and lift weights
biggrin.gif
That's why he looks more fit prolly and wanted to show it off! Humina humina humina!

------------------
b0280.gif

THE Larry Mullen Jr Page

Actual convo with Larry:
u2bela1: You?re a skank you know that??
Larry: HAHAHA Good one.
u2bela1: Yeah you big flirty man you!
<clarity> he's prolly all like Anne she said I'm a skank rofl
<clarity> Bono's like you are a skank Lardence rofl

[This message has been edited by Mullen-Girl (edited 02-04-2002).]

Originally posted by DML:
Oh, and a friend of mine told me that they were just talking about it on Regis and Kelly. WHOO HOO! U2 ROCKS! (not that I had to tell you all that
wink.gif
)

Yes, Peter Jennings was the guest on Regis & Kelly, and they talked about Bono and U2 for a little bit. Peter said that the halftime performance was wonderful and that showing the victims' names is very poignant and hard to watch, etc. (He also said that he saw U2's concert in Phoenix.) They talked about how Bono was at the economic conference, and Peter said that Bono was a true humanitarian and really had nothing but praise for him. The only bad thing was that Regis called Bono "bone-oh," but he still complimented him and the band. It was great to see all the Bono/U2 love!
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Giant Lemon (edited 02-04-2002).]

Yeah, I too am suffering from post-Larry in Mesh shirt syndrome. I really was on high last night after seeing them perform even it was for only 12 min. I really want to see them live again...They were and are awesome...That is great to see Peter Jennings was talking about U2 and Bono on Regis and Kelly...I love hearing such postive praises about them. Way to go boys!
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by MullenGirl:
Actual convo with Larry:
u2bela1: You?re a skank you know that??
Larry: HAHAHA Good one.
u2bela1: Yeah you big flirty man you!
<clarity> he's prolly all like Anne she said I'm a skank rofl
<clarity> Bono's like you are a skank Lardence rofl

This makes me giggle every time I read it! lol

------------------

"It's all about drums."

well, I haven't posted my Superbowl-related thoughts yet so, here I go ...

WOW!!! It was an awesome performance. A fitting tribute to the post-Sept. 11 America. The boys looked and sounded great. I loved that they sang live. I loved the song choice. I loved the heart-shaped stage and the tribute to those we lost on Sept. 11.

My mom kept teasing me about U2 at halftime and that I was planning on recording it ... you know ... for posterity. The Superbowl half time is on the same tape as the Simpsons episode, the 60 Minutes II interview with Bono and SNL with U2.
MOM: U2 was on the Simpsons?
ME: Yes ... they're very big, if you hadn't noticed.
MOM: Well I guess I really need to pay attention to halftime so I can understand what the big deal is.

I love my mom.

By the way ... totally not related to U2, but Paul McCartney is really cute! Heather Mills is a lucky woman!!!

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

The performance was unbelievable....but later when I got online, a guy I know sent me an instant message, and asked if I had watched the game, I said of course and he replied that he did too.
Then when I asked if he watched the halftime show, he said no, so I said that was really too bad. So he said "hmmmm...half-naked plamates on fear factor of U2. Yeah, tough decision."
I said "No, not really. U2 all the way." And he was like "riiiiiiight, like I'm going to watch a bunch of guys over beautiful women."
I was so pissed!!! It's people like that that really get on my nerves. Absolutely no sense at all!!!
But boy did he miss out!!!!!
Love,
SloMo

Originally posted by Slow Motion:
The performance was unbelievable....but later when I got online, a guy I know sent me an instant message, and asked if I had watched the game, I said of course and he replied that he did too.
Then when I asked if he watched the halftime show, he said no, so I said that was really too bad. So he said "hmmmm...half-naked plamates on fear factor of U2. Yeah, tough decision."
I said "No, not really. U2 all the way." And he was like "riiiiiiight, like I'm going to watch a bunch of guys over beautiful women."
I was so pissed!!! It's people like that that really get on my nerves. Absolutely no sense at all!!!
But boy did he miss out!!!!!
Love,
SloMo

He doesn't know what he's missing does he?

I saw the Regis and Kelly show this morning. Peter said some wonderful things about Bono. All true of course. Even Regis agreed. ( hehe).

I laughed because Regis dressed up today in leather motorcycle jacket and cool ryder shades and didn't shave.

Peter J came out and said , well you kind of look like Bono. Well, I don't agree with that but it was pretty funny.

Today is a great day to be a U2 fan
biggrin.gif
I have been getting nothing but wonderful IMs from everyone about it. All my friends were like, "Larry is hot." haha!

------------------
Dana

"U2 is hot."

Hell yeah! I'm still got the warm U2 fuzzies about it! Such a great, great, great performance.
SloMo- what an asshole that guy must be. I'll go punch him for you.
icon27.gif

My mom said "Now I can see why you love them so much!" Yay for mom!

[This message has been edited by mocool12 (edited 02-04-2002).]

Wow, my friends actually talked about U2... and in a good way! All of them said that they loved it, especially the backdrop w/ the names of the victims... very sweet

My friend Tina saw Larry, and came to me this morning "Who the hell is that drummer? He was sooooo gorgeous!"
biggrin.gif
And my friend Nick said every time they announced U2 was coming up during the game, he thought of me... lol am I THAT predictable?

And everyone was doing their work in physics class today, but I just sat there and talked about the halftime w/ my teacher, who loved it just as much as me (well, maybe not that much...) lol, I'm such a dork.
smile.gif

*still drooling over Larry*

------------------
*~*?*~*~ Katie ~*~*?*~*
"And the Lord said 'Humble thyself, Bono!'" ~ Bono

"It's not like a family. It's like a street gang." ~ Larry

But you know there's something more
Tonight, tonight, tonight

None of my friends believe Larry is 40. They think he's about 23.

------------------
Jessica

"I turn slightly and catch Bono with half a Perrier bottle in his mouth. He's sucking the thing in such a manner it would put Madonna to shame!"

"I'm very secure with the fact that I'm not black. I'm white, pink and rosy. But I've got soul."
--Bono

?We make music you can have sex to.?
--Bono

"Girls boys listen me kiss love fun drink sick kiss cuddle sex swim sea rock and rub." (from the gates of Bono's house)

MY O MY- what a beautiful performance! We had people over and they all thought it was spectacular! I was just blown away by the energy of the band, the music & the crowd! And the emotion that Bono was singing with was enough to break my heart. It just doesn't get any better than it was last night. My Dad didn't even have the heart to tease about them like he normally does ( I think he was impressed) and my mom ( in her best southern accent) kept saying, " There's just somethin' 'bout that Bono!" and "WOW!"

I got so excited about the performance that I got a headache right after... just like after the concert when I got a migraine. I guess they really have a physical effect on me
biggrin.gif
Can't wait to watch it again!

[This message has been edited by Julyfly (edited 02-04-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom