The Daily Show Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

impy13

ONE love, blood, life
Having just completed my Indecision 2004 DVDs, I've decided The Daily Show is one of my favorite shows of all time.

Irreverent. Hilarious. Consistent, which is rare to find in comedy. The Daily Show should be required viewing for anyone with a heart that beats. Even the book was amazing.

16719_512.jpg

Show The Daily Show with your love.

ive been watching for 5 years now and still loving it :up:
jon, steve carrel, stephen colbert, ed helms, lewis black, mo rocca

awesome, awesome cast... i dont know exactly if theyre all still on, but a great witty, smart, hilarious show. the best on comedy central.

Sparkysgrrrl said:
My friends tell me I'm the female Lewis Black.
Which I think means I'm due for a heart attack.

:|

But it also means you're funny as shit, so you know, at least you've got that.

I didn't start watching until after the election, so I will definitely be checking out the Indecision 2004 DVDs!

I thought I was going to go nuts during the recent hiatus. I was going through withdrawl syndromes. I can't even watch the regular news anymore without wondering how Jon will snark on it.

Daily Show :hyper:

Jon Stewart :hyper:

:heart:

This is tied with Family Guy as my favorite show on television. Not only are Jon and the anchors constantly hilarious, but Jon doesn't beat around the bush much in interviews, either. I'm not sure if any of you caught the one a few nights ago where he interviewed the author of that book about the 100 People Who Are Ruining America (or something to that effect), but he was actually grilling the guy in some aspects. Though, he never lost his cool, and remained funny, which is why I love him so. :love:

Have to agree with Hendrix. For me, The Daily Show and Family Guy are tied for funniest/best shows on T.V.

So many awesome Jon Stewart quotes around, but for some reason this one sticks out in my mind most.

"(Not verbatim) One of the top news stories this week is Wynona Ryder's being charged for shoplifting. But, uhh, who really gives a shit?"

It was amazing when Jon Stewart went on Crossfire and said that their show was hurting America.

AND THEN HE CALLED TUCKER CARLSON A DICK :rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

I agree about the Crossfire thing. That was so hot! :drool:

anyway, gotta love the Daily Show. I watch it religiously. To be honest, I've been kinda concerned with the writing quality the past week...however that interview with Bernard Gold-something was pretty hilarious. He was saying how bad our culture was cos we say "fuck" too much, and Jon was like, 'let's look at the big picture, Thomas Jefferson fucked slaves, I think we're getting better!' lol

some of my fav segments would have to be the one on Justice Sunday (that whole episode was hilarious) and any version of This Week in God.

VertigoGal said:

anyway, gotta love the Daily Show. I watch it religiously. To be honest, I've been kinda concerned with the writing quality the past week...however that interview with Bernard Gold-something was pretty hilarious. He was saying how bad our culture was cos we say "fuck" too much, and Jon was like, 'let's look at the big picture, Thomas Jefferson fucked slaves, I think we're getting better!' lol

I've got that one on the dvr! My mom and I have watched it twice!

I just love Jon's delivery of all of the news stories! He does the best reaction faces :lol:

As they say, it's the best fake news show on tv!

Love the show! I watch it all the time. My favorite segments are when Jon Stewart shows how ridiculous the three news networks can be.
I'm trying to get my parents to watch it, but it hasn't caught on with them.

I've been a fan of Jon Stewart since he had a show on MTV. His book America is the funniest thing I've read in a long long time. (the fact that I teach social studies adds extra amusement :wink: )

I love the daily show (am concerned as I tend to get most of my news from the daily show - their synopsis of the Karl Rove story was probably the best out there)

Love "This Week in God" - my favorite was the one where they had the Olive Garden as a sponsor "Where every meal is good enough to be your last supper"
Plus "Zell on Earth" is now a classic (its on the DVD)
Funny, irreverent, smart, witty, brave, with a big
heart

Got tix to see Jon Stewart in October for my birthday. :drool:

the daily show is comedic (comic?) greatness. if i could ever remember when it was on, i would watch it more often.

In my neck of the woods, it's on at 11:00pm, and re-aired at 1:00am. I'm sure you can surf the Comedy Central site for a schedule (if it's different in other cities/states)

Lila64 said:
In my neck of the woods, it's on at 11:00pm, and re-aired at 1:00am. I'm sure you can surf the Comedy Central site for a schedule (if it's different in other cities/states)

in theory, i could do that.

Back
Top Bottom