The Coldplay hate has got to stop... for the good of this forum!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MissVelvetDress_75 said:
just a suggestion, listen to Parachutes.

:hmm: yeah, I guess Parachutes is the best. That's what I've heard from others too.

From what I can make out of the singles, they seemed to have completely abandoned that guitar heavy sound of Yellow! :huh:

That's only cause you're hearing the singles, Zoot.

Try these:

Don't Panic (which actually was a single, just not well known)
Talk (The original demo version, way ahead of the X&Y one)
A Whisper
How You See The World
Only Superstition
Daylight
Animals
No More Keeping My Feet On The Ground
hell, let's throw Square One in there too

and don't hesitate on this one....

Zootlesque said:

From what I can make out of the singles, they seemed to have completely abandoned that guitar heavy sound of Yellow! :huh:

One thing I have learned from Coldplay fandom is not to listen to the singles! :lol:

Coldplay make great albums :up: and they f'in kill in the live setting but I can see how people find their music "derivative" when just listening to the singles.

As I like to say to anyone who asks me about Coldplay's music: it's great "headphone" music... meaning that there are so many little nuances in the music that make it, in my own opinion, enjoyable.

Anyway, I'm a big fan of the band and always will be... I think where I have gotten up in arms around here with these topics is the implication that I, as a Coldplay fan, am somehow "less" of a music fan and should be shunned.

Music, like all art, is based on personal experience. So your experience of Coldplay's art brings you to a different place than it brings me to... I will not demean you for having different experiences as long as you also respect mine. :)

MissVelvetDress_75 said:

Zoo if you are interested in listening to some of their music that has not been released, let me know.

:up: but I guess I should go with an album like Parachutes first. At least, that's what I do with other bands.

Hey imp, I'm curious about Talk too! :hyper:

:wink:

inmyplace13 said:

Try these:

A Whisper
How You See The World
Only Superstition
Daylight
Animals

I'd like to throw in my own favorites to the mix:

Pour Me (from the Hollywood Bowl 2002, I believe)
Brothers and Sisters
One I Love

http://s50.you send it.com/d.aspx?id=1B36TL11RAE873GSIZJD0YIMQH

This leaked in March and got me so hyped up for X&Y. After that they said it wouldn't be on the album, and sure enough it showed up on the tracklist totally redone. This version rips the new one to shreds. The only thing I prefer in the album version is Will's drum fill.

Live it. Love it. Burn a new copy of X&Y where you put it in place of the other Talk.

And get rid of The Hardest Part and the song X&Y while you're at it. :huh:

hippy said:

I'd like to throw in my own favorites to the mix:

Pour Me (from the Hollywood Bowl 2002, I believe)

Chris' wild screaming near the end = :up:

Zootlesque said:
Talk sounds awesome! :up:

kinda U2-ish intro though...... :silent: :uhoh:

:wink:

Well then Kraftwerk rips off U2 omg kraftwerk suxx0oorz!1!!!11

The riff is the same from Kraftwerk's song "Computer Love".

inmyplace13 said:

Try these:

A Whisper
How You See The World
Only Superstition
Daylight
Animals

If I had to reccomend a few songs I would go...

I Ran Away +++
Daylight
Spies
Life Is For Living (Live)
Everything's Not Lost (live)
One I Love (live)

inmyplace13 said:
Pour me...

http://s39.you send it.com/d.aspx?id=0ILTRPLDRJSAW0DOQF94495QCZ

Zoot, you'll like this one

Rockin the ysi tonight :up:

By the way, :clap: for this thread! I'm so glad it's remained positive :) I saw Coldplay in West Palm Beach a month ago tomorrow and I've been lookin to share some Coldplay love since then! :D But not around here... lol

Isn't there a singer who sings : "We need Love & Peace!"?:wink:
That Coldplay is copying U2 is clear like daylight, but in the end it's good that a band like them do U2esque songs, it's like U2 became Grandpa, Coldplay are their first nephews! :eyebrow:

I was listening to Sirius radio this morning and they played on one of the channels "The World Turned Upside Down" which I believe is one of the new B-sides from the "Fix You" single.

What an awesome song! Why that wasn't on X&Y over a couple of others is beyond me.

phanan said:
I was listening to Sirius radio this morning and they played on one of the channels "The World Turned Upside Down" which I believe is one of the new B-sides from the "Fix You" single.

What an awesome song! Why that wasn't on X&Y over a couple of others is beyond me.

I like it, too, and it is much better than some of the actual X&Y tracks.

And in case you were wondering what song we're talking about, well lookie here..

http://s52.you send it.com/d.aspx?id=2RE5QHCP7N8A706YLA7EQEY3D

There it is, what a coincidence

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
*cough coldplaying.com*

I am a big Coldplay fan, but I must say that there are a bunch of ignorant, naive morons at that site.

You could say that Chris Martin murdered Will Champion and replaced him with a clone, and some of them will believe you.

I've got to agree with you, bsp. I just like the multimedia section. That's the big reason I prefer the official board.

inmyplace13 said:
I've got to agree with you, bsp. I just like the multimedia section. That's the big reason I prefer the official board.

Oh yeah, I still look there quite often and I like the way most of them actually respect U2 and Radiohead, despite the constant shitstorm they receive in return.

But, I remember one time someone there thought that Thom Yorke hated Chris Martin and asked why. Someone replied that Chris had called Thom and begged Thom to like him, and that made Thom hate Chris more. And the original poster believed this! :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom