The Bomb Shelter Beep

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

impy13

ONE love, blood, life
The title of this thread sounds like a new dance.

Anyway, to those who have been beeped, describe the feeling here.

There were 4 of us.. and the first 3 of us did not beep. We were kinda depressed but whatever, we were still going to get a great spot just outside the ellipse. But then.. to our excitement, our 4th person beeped. I think I screamed and jumped up and down like a big nerd. It was quite exciting actually. Our 4th person is not a hardcore fan like me and April so we had a deal that if he beeped, he'd trade tickets with me and I'd bring April with me to the ellipse. :wink: We had been strategizing and stressing about it for weeks lol. Worked out exactly how we wanted it to!

Sicy said:
There were 4 of us.. and the first 3 of us did not beep. We were kinda depressed but whatever, we were still going to get a great spot just outside the ellipse. But then.. to our excitement, our 4th person beeped. I think I screamed and jumped up and down like a big nerd. It was quite exciting actually. Our 4th person is not a hardcore fan like me and April so we had a deal that if he beeped, he'd trade tickets with me and I'd bring April with me to the ellipse. :wink: We had been strategizing and stressing about it for weeks lol. Worked out exactly how we wanted it to!

I remember the stress! :crazy: :laugh: I also remember how pissed we were getting, hearing people in line before us getting beeped, whooping and hollering... Until we started acting all crazy! :sexywink:

I'm SO happy it worked out for my first show. Now that I've already gotten in once, I can relax and enjoy the rest of my shows without the "Am I getting into the Ellipse?" worries! :D

Last edited:
Sicy said:

Ah that's brilliant Sicy, I'm very happy for you, well done..

Was there really a beep? Because I don't recall one. I remember the laptop screen changing to the Vertigo stripes, but I don't remember if it beeped. Maybe I was too excited and didn't notice. Plus, my wife screamed and the ticket guy said 'we have a winner!'

Actually I dont think it was a beep at all lol. All I remember is seeing the Vertigo logo on the screen and they ticket guy go "HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY WE HAVE A WINNER!"

:lol:

BEEP???

What are you all going on about?? What beep?? I'm seeing them on 14th June in Manchester, will we have the Beep 2?:wave:

Sicy said:
Actually I dont think it was a beep at all lol. All I remember is seeing the Vertigo logo on the screen and they ticket guy go "HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY WE HAVE A WINNER!"

:lol:

For SD1 I saw none of that for a "screen"
... was there a laptop person or is those hand units that most venues have nowadays???

I've heard different accounts but most talk of the mysterious (ways) laptop. But I was never scanned by such a person with a laptop and just proceeded to the outer ellipse.
Nor was it ever mentioned such a lottery was going on. I had thought since arriving near the start of KOL, than camping out at the venue for nearly 2 days, like many had, that was long-filled up.

Curious.

:mad:

It was a laptop! It either said "Proceed to floor" when your ticket is scanned or "U2 Vertigo" OMG!!1111 YOURE THE WEINER!!!1111

:wink:

oh man, congrats to all of you who have gotten the lucky "beep"! i am so hoping to join that club at one of the remaining 3 shows i see... *fingers crossed*

quick question: has anyone figured out whether the tickets are embedded with some sort of code? are certain ticket numbers selected as winners ahead of time? or is it just random, based on when you enter the venue? :huh:

Regardless of the sound it makes, claim it should make it a sound, and could you kindly please scan it again (if you don't get it the first time). It works...I saw a lady do it.

Ally, I think it is random when you enter. As I said, this lady I saw after I got in, had em scan it 3 times before U2 crew told her to move along, but on the third time as she was walking away it went VERTIGO! and they didn't care, they gave it to her. It is really a loose system, not one you can figure out or anything, but everyone seems prety loose, and if someone sneaks through...oh well. Not like they are making a jail break.

Last edited:
If you don't win, is it possible just to walk on over to the ellipse table and say you got it?

I dont think so because as soon as the ticket 'beeps' they hole punch it with a special hole punch and then the tickets go to the ellipse table people for your wristband.

At least that's how it was in San Jose.

Sicy said:
I dont think so because as soon as the ticket 'beeps' they hole punch it with a special hole punch and then the tickets go to the ellipse table people for your wristband.

At least that's how it was in San Jose.

Balls, I gotta get my hands on one of these special hole punches.

Back
Top Bottom