"The Ballad of Ronnie Drew" available in Ireland on February 22-29th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The video for the song is on U2.com and YouTube. If you want the mp3, just capture the audio from them (most likely in wav format) and convert it to mp3 format. It might not be the best, but I imagine the quality being similar to that on iTunes.

doctorwho said:
The video for the song is on U2.com and YouTube. If you want the mp3, just capture the audio from them (most likely in wav format) and convert it to mp3 format. It might not be the best, but I imagine the quality being similar to that on iTunes.

Justin?

I found a way to download it legally without being in Ireland.
I managed to download it in Germany.

I used this link:
http://umusic.ie/artists/info.php?cat=u&ID=238

There's a link Recent Releases + Buy Album

I just proceeded via this link to 7digital.com, registered with my international email address and paid via paypal.

I was able to download the song and play it on my computer. It's a licensed and protected file. You can play it on 3 Computers.

It's fine for me to pay for it, as long as I can get it. It's for cancer charity after all.

I hope it works for you as well.

light said:
I found a way to download it legally without being in Ireland.
I managed to download it in Germany.

I used this link:
http://umusic.ie/artists/info.php?cat=u&ID=238

There's a link Recent Releases + Buy Album

I just proceeded via this link to 7digital.com, registered with my international email address and paid via paypal.

I was able to download the song and play it on my computer. It's a licensed and protected file. You can play it on 3 Computers.

It's fine for me to pay for it, as long as I can get it. It's for cancer charity after all.

I hope it works for you as well.

dude :hi5: well done.

U2girl said:

Me neither, I was more into watching everyone sing. Nice tribute, and it looked like Bono was trying to reach Sinead's hand.

My thoughts were

1) Shane McGowan is still alive ? and

2) Who are the singers singing the versess besides Bono and McGowan ?

Sorry if someone's already answered this. . .

Damien Dempsey sings the verse with "time and again it has proved to be right"

The Academy-Award Winning Glen Hansard sings the last verse via satellite in the studio video (which Shane takes over on the Late Late Show)

Check your e-mails. A few got thrown back because the file was still too large (I originally sent the studio and live versions, but sent a second with just the studio version). Sorry :(

Back
Top Bottom