The B&C Best Albums of 2013 Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice edit ;)

I still love and will continue loving Get Lucky.

Currently I'm wearing my 2011 Flaming Lips tour shirt and listening to The Terror. I got about four songs in Silence Yourself but it wasn't for me.

Two jokes for the price of one.

I got bored with Silence Yourself after a couple of listens. They're going to be a good band, but no songs really stand out to me.

Am I the only one who enjoyed Shaking the Habitual? I got into every track, even if a lot of them aren't songs I'll go back to very often.
I like it a great deal as well. I contains some of my favorite tracks of the year. However, I don't see how anyone could enjoy Fracking Fluid Injection. The ambient piece is unnecessary as well. The rest is pretty awesome.

I think the wow was more that you chose to end that by saying that Eddie Vedder doesn't have any range.

I can totally understand the :huh: there. Dude might not always use it in every song, but he's got a pretty decent range.

I think the wow was more that you chose to end that by saying that Eddie Vedder doesn't have any range.

I can totally understand the :huh: there. Dude might not always use it in every song, but he's got a pretty decent range.

The "wow" was because Gabe actually wasn't sure if Mikal was joking or not.

:lol: I like the cover, but Daltrey does it better justice today than Eddie does.

i like it just fine. i just wasn't sure if peef was being serious, going off what it looked like on paper. or mocking the fact that he took a song with some crazy high notes to belt out, and didn't even go near them as actual notes (but good for him for acknowledging that he can't sing them, or something).

I think I heard it years ago, but my memory of it is hazy at best. I'm not a Pearl Jam fan (I don't dislike them, I've just yet to be really grabbed by anything by them) so I'm just going off limited knowledge.

Baba O'Riley is a far more successful Who cover than Love Reign O'er Me in my mind. They do a great version of The Real Me as well.

doge_render___fundo_transparente___by_matbox99-d6gisn4.gif

This Billy Bragg album is...not really doing it for me. and the alkaline trio album is shaping up to be much better. :down:

I'm pretty confident in saying these are my top five songs of the year:

1. Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds, Jubilee Street
2. Atoms for Peace, Ingenue
3. James Blake, Retrograde
4. Disclosure, Apollo
5. The National, Graceless

Well, first, here is my write-up for the entire year, which features 15 more albums and a couple other lists bundled in with it, along with pretty pictures:

Traviud’s Top 25 of 2013 | An Ocean of Noise

And here is my top 15, with points allocated:

1. Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Push the Sky Away (15)
2. My Bloody Valentine - m b v (13)
3. Kurt Vile - Wakin on a Pretty Daze (12)
4. Kanye West – Yeezus (11)
5. The National - Trouble Will Find Me (9)
6. Thee Oh Sees - Floating Coffin (7)
7. The Flaming Lips - The Terror (7)
8. No Joy - Wait to Pleasure (6)
9. Neko Case - The Worse Things Get, the Harder I Fight, the Harder I Fight, the More I Love You (5)
10. Sigur Rós – Kveikur (4)
11. Run the Jewels - Run the Jewels (3)
12. Waxahatchee - Cerulean Salt (3)
13. Cut Copy - Free Your Mind (2)
14. Goldfrapp - Tales of Us (2)
15. Janelle Monáe - The Electric Lady (1)

Great write-up, man. I'm in the process of one as well, and hoping to see a few more, it would be a shame to just have a bunch of lists with no thoughts.

Stoked to see Answer on your fav songs list, I love that song even if Wolf turned out to be pretty crappy. And I'm glad my fav-albums-not-released-during-the-year thing has caught on.

I'd have called Wakin on a Pretty Day quasi-title track, rather than psuedo.

Great write-up, LM, and great pick at #1. There are a few on there that I will need to give a spin, especially the No Joy album.

This has been making the rounds, and since it's a fairly common point of discussion here, I figured I'd see how everyone else fared:

How Y'all, Youse, and You Guys Talk - New York Times

It gave me Austin, Irving, and San Antonio, and my old man got the towns in Arizona where he grew up. It seems to be pretty spot on. Think you may need to be on a desktop for it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom