The Anti Metrosexual Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
randhail said:
Anyone who uses the term manscaping should be kicked in the balls.

Are you intentionally trying to be so rude or does it just come naturally to you?

Maybe you should try to be half as mannered and wise as Irvine is.

Ok fine.

I do not care for the term manscaping. As a man, I find it personally insulting. It cheapens the masculine nature of men. Metrosexuals do not bring anything to the table except for some oil free pores and maybe a volkswagon too. I am all for taking care of oneself but not to the extremes that they do.

Is that a little more sensitive for you?

Fine but is it not those guys choices to how they spend their money and how they look after themselves?

It is taking a bit far to find 'manscaping' or some guy using oils offensive...it doesn't bother me..and i don't see why you are so worked up about it....it just seems stupid:eyebrow:

Obviously I'm not going to kick anyone in the nuts, although some people really need a swift one, but I think it's just as foolish to get all riled about what I said.

Yes, it is their choice on how to spend the money, but I do not agree with the idea that a personality or status can be bought from Armani exchange or any store for that matter. It's the people that think they are cool because they buy expensive things or have perfect hair that I have a problem with.

randhail said:
Ok fine.

I do not care for the term manscaping. As a man, I find it personally insulting. It cheapens the masculine nature of men. Metrosexuals do not bring anything to the table except for some oil free pores and maybe a volkswagon too. I am all for taking care of oneself but not to the extremes that they do.

Is that a little more sensitive for you?

No, please don't tailor your comments to "seem a little more sensitive" to me. I think I understand you

What you said about Irvine using just the WORD "manscaping" was wrong and rude..and you know what, he's more "masculine" than you are, judging by some of the things you say around here.

For the life of me I can't understand why "manscaping" would be so threatening to you. For me personally being so threatened by something like that "cheapens the masculine nature of men".

randhail said:
Obviously I'm not going to kick anyone in the nuts, although some people really need a swift one, but I think it's just as foolish to get all riled about what I said.

I think your comment speaks for itself, is that how you deal w/ anything you feel so threatened by?

It was not directed towards Irvine ok. I don't like the term because of it's representation of this "modern male crap."

I don't care if he's more masculine than me in your eyes. I could really care less. Hell lets give him a medal for that.

We have different view points on what is masculine that's all. We can let it go it that. Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to drink some Bud and go for a ride a my pick-up truck and maybe kick my dog too.

MrsSpringsteen said:

I think your comment speaks for itself, is that how you deal w/ anything you feel so threatened by?

Do you not have an ounce of humor in your body? Have you not once made an off color comment in your life? I've never so much as layed an hand on someone not would I but apparently making such a statement is worse than the act itself.

randhail said:

Do you not have an ounce of humor in your body? Have you not once made an off color comment in your life? I've never so much as layed an hand on someone not would I but apparently making such a statement is worse than the act itself.

That's uncalled for too. Yes I do have an ounce of humor, but a consistent pattern of certain types of comments is not funny to me. You pass every one of your posts here and in FYM off as "humor and off color jokes and comments" Have you noticed that I'm not the only one who comments on your "off color comments"?

I'm done trying to reason w/ you

You think I pass everyone of my comments off as humor? First off, have you read all of my posts to make such a sweeping statement? What is wrong with humor and off color comments? Some people may not like them some people may like them. Everything does not have to be super serious in life.

Irvine511 said:

:up:

we are certainly in agreement on nosehairs.

and ear hairs.

perhaps it's because i'm getting older, but i do find myself plucking the stray hair off my shoulders every now and then.

The problem is...it gets WORSE as you get older, Irvine. Its first a bi-weekly thing...then weekly....then your shaving you ears....daily :wink:

Laaser removal? :uhoh:

It's the attitude that your comments convey randhail, can't you see that? I didn't mean every one of your comments- I think you know which ones I am referring to

Sorry, certain things are tough to pass off and ignore and are "super serious". Trust me I'm not the only one who feels that way about certain comments you make. That's all, have a great day :)

MrsSpringsteen said:

That's uncalled for too. Yes I do have an ounce of humor, but a consistent pattern of certain types of comments is not funny to me. You pass every one of your posts here and in FYM off as "humor and off color jokes and comments" Have you noticed that I'm not the only one who comments on your "off color comments"?

I'm done trying to reason w/ you

He likes the Red Sox, what do you expect? :evil:

And Armani Exchange is for cheap wannabees, Armani (without the Exchange) is the real thing... :wink:

randhail said:

Do you not have an ounce of humor in your body? Have you not once made an off color comment in your life?

Sense of humor? Dude you aren't funny. You aren't funny in FYM and you aren't funny in here. Your ideals of masculinity are fucked and your fear is definately questionable.

How is someone who "thinks having perfect hair makes him cool" any different from "I drink beer, drive a truck, don't trim shit, worship Top Gun, make off colored remarks and that makes me cool"?

They're both stupid and shallow. Your definition of what masculinity is just as shallow as the one you are so enraged about.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

Sense of humor? Dude you aren't funny. You aren't funny in FYM and you aren't funny in here. Your ideals of masculinity are fucked and your fear is definately questionable.

How is someone who "thinks having perfect hair makes him cool" any different from "I drink beer, drive a truck, don't trim shit, worship Top Gun, make off colored remarks and that makes me cool"?

They're both stupid and shallow. Your definition of what masculinity is just as shallow as the one you are so enraged about.

Oh no, You don't think I'm funny??? How ever shall I get over that horrible news??

Do you know anything about my ideals of masculunity? Have Iever laid them out in a masculine manifesto for you to peruse? Until I do, don't tell me what my ideals are.

What fear are you speaking of? I have not once ever spoken of fear, but maybe you have taken my comments as fear because you know me so well. We are the best of friends afterall.

I'd like to know how you know whether I trim or not. Have you ever seen me naked? I worship Top Gun because of my avatar? That's pretty quick to judge.

So pretty much you're entire attack on me is based on nothing you actually know about me. What a great argument!

Just because some shirtless dudes are playing volleyball in their jeans does not make the movie gay....

The movie is gay because of Tom Cruise's complete and undying love for Goose.

This thread is representational of hetero relationships in my real life, unfortunately.

Men want to drink beer and vegetate in front of the plasma lightbulb, err, tv, and women want to be paid attention from the clean and trimmed man who is actually in the vagina business.
woe.gif

randhail said:

Oh no, You don't think I'm funny??? How ever shall I get over that horrible news??

Do you know anything about my ideals of masculunity? Have Iever laid them out in a masculine manifesto for you to peruse? Until I do, don't tell me what my ideals are.

What fear are you speaking of? I have not once ever spoken of fear, but maybe you have taken my comments as fear because you know me so well. We are the best of friends afterall.

No you haven't laid anything out for me but your comments make it obvious. The fact that you get upset by a term manscaping or wearing pink shirts speaks volumes.

Your fear? Ever comment you've made in here is dripping with fear. Any male who has to talk about their own masculinity is trying to compensate.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

No you haven't laid anything out for me but your comments make it obvious. The fact that you get upset by a term manscaping or wearing pink shirts speaks volumes.

Your fear? Ever comment you've made in here is dripping with fear. Any male who has to talk about their own masculinity is trying to compensate.

My comments lay it out? Ok, sure whatever you say chief.

Dripping with fear??? Do you have a PhD in psychology? If you don't then I would be hestitant to to the freelance diagnosing about fear, but thanks for the free psychoanalysis.

Every man huh? Nothing like broad sweeping generalizations. I dont think psychologists are allowed to do that.

randhail said:
The movie is gay because of Tom Cruise's complete and undying love for Goose.

it's true.

poor Meg Ryan ... in a way, she knew. women always know. she knew all along that Goose could never love her in the way that he loved Maverick.

randhail said:

My comments lay it out? Ok, sure whatever you say chief.
It looks like most agree.
randhail said:

Dripping with fear??? Do you have a PhD in psychology? If you don't then I would be hestitant to to the freelance diagnosing about fear, but thanks for the free psychoanalysis.
You don't have to have a PhD to sense fear.
randhail said:

Every man huh? Nothing like broad sweeping generalizations. I dont think psychologists are allowed to do that.
No generalizations, just fact. If you have to talk about it, you are compensating for something. A great artist doesn't tell people how great they are, they let the art speak for itself.

Irvine511 said:

it's true.

poor Meg Ryan ... in a way, she knew. women always know. she knew all along that Goose could never love her in the way that he loved Maverick.

Maybe Meg Ryan knew this and had something going on with Iceman. The two colluded and had Goose killed, knowing how much it would effect Tom Cruise.

randhail said:

Maybe Meg Ryan knew this and had something going on with Iceman. The two colluded and had Goose killed, knowing how much it would effect Tom Cruise.

ooooooh ... the hot intrigue of a closeted homosexual love triangle. and some of it acted out in briefs!

i wouldn't put it past Iceman, after all, he's the "russian" of the group -- cold, calculated, doesn't make mistakes. seems to make sense that he'd be godless and amoral as well.

Top Gun is sooooooooooooooooo much fun to deconstruct.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom