The All Purpose College Football Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Luisiana-Tigers-2.jpg

It was a quality home loss tho

I’m loving that LSU looks amazing. Low key it’s the one bit of leftover shining light from UCF’s undefeated seasons. We lost to LSU by one touchdown in the peach bowl last year. They’re largely the same team. We aren’t.

Parents of Iowa football players hand delivered letter asking for details from Big10 as to why they cancelled when days before everything was on schedule.

I’d love nothing more than to make this season work with everything that’s going on. Give people something to focus on, root for.

But i don’t know how you make this work outside of a bubble.

With faster testing on the way maybe it makes sense to push the start of season little later. There’s rumor of real effective therapies a few months away too (but that’s been said since April)

Guess see how the SEC, Big12, ACC do

The conferences that cancelled are the ones doing it right. College football does not have a prayer until there is reliable, rapid testing available everywhere.

I believe that unless there’s BOTH the testing and a controlled public health crisis, it is immoral to ask them to play or let them play.

Can we talk about how 4-0 Ohio State is a #4 shoo-in if we were always supposed to believe that strength of schedule was the single most important thing after “resume”? Ohio State’s opponents are 13-21 on the season and only one of their wins will come against a team even over .500. Their “resume” includes a bunch of teams under .500 except Indiana who also beat the same shitty underperforming teams. Cincy’s opponents are 37-32 and some of their victories have come against teams that are still ranked.

Oh my mistake, pre-season rankings had teams like 1-5 Penn State as #8 when Ohio State beat them. Solid “resume.” Everyone with a win percentage under .500 was fucking ranked when Ohio State beat them.

I’ve been saying it all decade, the system is rigged. You’re not supposed to consider last year when it’s beneficial not to. The case gets more and more absurd every fucking year.

So just remember when I was barking about 1 loss UCF in 2013 and y’all said they were “lucky.”

Then they went undefeated in 2017 and it was “oh they played an AAC schedule” but soundedly handled the sole team to have victories against the both the champion and the runner up. But then the excuse was that team didn’t want to be there because they were upset they lost their shot at the national championship.

Then they went undefeated again and were the last NCAA opponent to come within one score of #1 OA Joe Burrow’s Tigers and eventual national champions... with a true freshman starting at QB with all of two starts under his belt at the time.

So now we have Cincy undefeated and having handled a pretty respectable schedule and all in the meanwhile Ohio State has played four fucking games and their conference is absolutely a disaster this year and they’re a fucking shoo-in.

Total bullshit.

Last edited:
Good win for UCF last night. I actually stayed up until it was over (a little easier in MDT, plus I had today off work). That was a hilarious attempt at a hail mary by the Boise QB to end the game. GAF's Illini also got a nice win last week to start the season.

Some great matchups ahead for opening weekend.

19 Penn St/12 Wisconsin
1 Alabama/14 Miami
17 Indiana/ 18 Iowa
5 Georgia/ 3 Clemson
16 LSU/ UCLA
9 ND/ Florida State

and of interest to me BYU vs Arizona from the Raiders new stadium in Vegas.

Last edited:
Good win for UCF last night. I actually stayed up until it was over (a little easier in MDT, plus I had today off work). That was a hilarious attempt at a hail mary by the Boise QB to end the game. GAF's Illini also got a nice win last week to start the season.

Some great matchups ahead for opening weekend.

19 Penn St/12 Wisconsin
1 Alabama/14 Miami
17 Indiana/ 18 Iowa
5 Georgia/ 3 Clemson
16 LSU/ UCLA
9 ND/ Florida State

and of interest to me BYU vs Arizona from the Raiders new stadium in Vegas.

Yeah I gotta say, given that game, I thought they were gonna give a little more bite down 30-36. But no complaints!

What a pathetic performance from TCU.

Ha! 45-3? Just terrible

We had a pretty decent game 1 taking down Arizona, although they are supposed to be the worst team in the PAC. Still, a win is a win, especially when breaking in a new QB to replace Zach Wilson.

:lol:, yeah. How could they let them score?

But really, glad to get that out of the way so the season can actually start.

Back
Top Bottom