The album's tracklisting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
How do you feel about it ?

Upon first listen I thought MOS would fit in the lower half with COL and WAS and FEZ better, but the whole Magnificent/MOS/UC section really works well.

The one thing I'd maybe switch is is Breathe wasn't moved up in the uptempo part, just above Crazy/Boots/SUC. That way we'd get a great ending with FEZ/WAS/COL.

I personally think it's about perfect as it is. Breathe in the uptempo section would really send the first half of the album over the edge... I'm not sure why, but I like it between two dark songs. The feeling I get with it is something like: "the world is collapsing, but we're going to walk out into the streets and enjoy ourselves as much as we can before that." And then comes Cedars.

Also, the trippy lyrics on Breathe would be a nice follow up to the likewise bizzaro lines on UC.

Also, the trippy lyrics on Breathe would be a nice follow up to the likewise bizzaro lines on UC.

yeah, this i will agree with. otherwise, i LOVE the tracklisting.

one nice thing though is that Breathe follows UC on Linear, and i plan on using that as an alternate tracklisting once we get Winter. :)

I think we need a song like Breathe down there because even if it isn't anything like the other songs around it, the second part of the album wouldn't have much variety without it. After a song like White As Snow I personally enjoys a song like Breathe, since it's a nice change of pace before ending the album peacefully with Cedars of Lebanon.

The Magnificent/MOS/UC section is awesome and is next to Streets/Haven't Found/WOWY my favourite three-song section from any U2 album. However, I think Magnificent would be a better song to start off with. It has a building intro, Streets-style and happens to be about Bono "giving back his voice" and all that. It would really be like "U2 is back"! NLOTH is not a bad song, but IMO not the best song to start off an album like this with.

Loving the tracklisting. The opening four tracks just run perfectly and you couldn't put COL anywhere else but as the closing track.

Back
Top Bottom