The AFL Thread Proudly Sponsoring Patrick Dangerfield

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's certainly more convenient for all involved. No drama, less likely to be outrage.

Just keep punishing us, that's totally cool. Especially since what we did gave us literally no competitive advantage. Thanks AFL. Thanks everyone. Great witch hunt. You've all proven so much virtue. Get fucked.

Big news day. Whitfield gets a six-month ban (which is fucking ridiculous when you consider players who've copped bigger bans for less), Gubby Allen (now at the Pies) a year, and Sam Mitchell and Trent Cotchin are now the joint winners of the 2012 Brownlow.

Murphy writes some riveting yarns, but former Hawk Tim Boyle also contributes some particularly good stuff.. Like this one in The Age this morning

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/after-goodes-is-it-all-the-bad-and-the-ugly-20161126-gsy6r4.html

I posted it on my FB, expecting a possible backlash for reviving the Goodes saga that stirred up such heated discussion (which became tiresome for many on all sides of the issue) last year...

But we should still be keeping this whole saga front of mind. It was a shameful period in AFL history that brought out the ugly side of so many commentators, scribes and fans. My current assessment of so many commenters is framed around their response to the saga.

This is a timely reminder of the lows that we sunk to for a good couple of months last year, and juxtaposes it against the extraordinary global events of this troubling year.

Sent from a barge floating through the docks of Dublin

Xavier Richards offered 2 years by Sydney, walks out, is delisted, not picked up as a DFA and then - passed by every club in the Rookie Draft.

Might like those last 2 months back.

The only way the show could actually be salvageable is if Sam Newman has pies thrown at him for the duration of a full episode.

Geez, though I had always imagined something drastic could happen to Hird with everything that has transpired.

Very sad and I hope he gets the help he needs, though he is hardly an innocent victim.

Who cares? This is like the "she shouldn't have been wearing a short dress" rape analogy. If he is mentally ill, blaming him is poor form. You get blackout drunk? You still aren't asking to get raped. You run your football club badly? You don't deserve to be suicidal.

The previously good AFL Simpsons memes page on Facebook really lost the plot over this. :crack:

I don't like him but at the same time don't understand the animosity. He's not ever going to be involved in football again and life is ultimately bigger than just the game.

What a great start to the women's league! Full house at Ikon Park. A great occasion for the sport.

Yep, excellent to see the place packed out. Shame it had to be Collingwood vs Carlton to start though; I was barracking for the umpires! :lol:

Hope the other three games this weekend also do really well for attendance. With no Essendon team yet I need to figure out who to support - probably the Dogs or Dockers.

Pre-season ladder:

Screen%20Shot%202017-03-14%20at%205.50.12%20pm_zpsvncmbmaq.png

Dons did play well against us on the weekend.

Fuck it, I'll take a stab.

Sydney
GWS
Hawthorn
Geelong
Western Bulldogs
Adelaide
West Coast
Melbourne
-
Port Adelaide
St Kilda