the achtung/zoo/pop-era appreciation thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zootlesque said:
I'm not gonna be a part of this fight. I love AB/Zoo and Pop equally and I'm sure so do you guys.
same here.

namkcur, i believe we already sung one before. look, don't take this so personally. we're running out of achtung baby/zooropa songs to sing, and most people (including the band themselves) puts the three albums into the same era. i don't know why you're getting your knickers in a wad over this, but it's seriously not worth it. please don't keep trying to derail the thread and make it into an argument.

Zootlesque said:
I'm not gonna be a part of this fight. I love AB/Zoo and Pop equally and I'm sure so do you guys.

I happen to think Pop is brilliant. I just believe it has its own era. It is NOT part of the 'Zoo' era. It's just not. I also believe that closing the thread and starting the new one doesn't give one the right to re-define the thread.

namkcuR said:
I happen to think Pop is brilliant. I just believe it has its own era. It is NOT part of the 'Zoo' era. It's just not. I also believe that closing the thread and starting the new one doesn't give one the right to re-define the thread.
in the first thread, a lot of people wondered why pop wasn't included. i merely included it since so many were wanting to discuss all three albums. what is your problem? they are the same era, and i don't know why you're so vehement against this.

Well... maybe if namkcur feels SO strongly about it, maybe you should change the name of this thread and delete the 'part II' part of it, make it your own thread. :shrug:

KhanadaRhodes said:

in the first thread, a lot of people wondered why pop wasn't included. i merely included it since so many were wanting to discuss all three albums. what is your problem? they are the same era, and i don't know why you're so vehement against this.

Because appreciation threads are supposed to be for positive vibes. We all know the Pop, the album, the Popmart tour, or both, cannot be discussed on Interference without inevitably causing a flame war of sorts, and I really wanted to avoid that. I think it's brilliant, but there are other people who think it's shit. But with AB/Zooropa, the majority of us(I think) think they're great. It's just easier to uphold an appreciation thread when half the forum population doesn't think the object of appreciation is shit. That's the only reason I'm getting upset.

Last edited:
namkcuR said:
Because appreciation threads are supposed to be for positive vibes. We all know the Pop, the album, the Popmart tour, or both, cannot be discussed on Interference without inevitably causing a flame war of sorts, and I really wanted to avoid that. I think it's brilliant, but there are other people who think it's shit. But with AB/Zooropa, the majority of us(I think) think they're great. It's just easier to uphold an appreciation thread when half the forum population doesn't think the object of appreciation isn't shit. That's the only reason I'm getting upset.
then let people come and try to shit on it. i have no problem telling these people not to troll a thread.

namkcuR said:

Because appreciation threads are supposed to be for positive vibes. We all know the Pop, the album, the Popmart tour, or both, cannot be discussed on Interference without inevitably causing a flame war of sorts, and I really wanted to avoid that. I think it's brilliant, but there are other people who think it's shit. But with AB/Zooropa, the majority of us(I think) think they're great. It's just easier to uphold an appreciation thread when half the forum population doesn't think the object of appreciation is shit. That's the only reason I'm getting upset.

Dude, I know you love Pop as much as we do. Why do you bother about the haters or their opinions? Is your appreciation thread going to get tainted by haters' posts??? Only if you let them get to you.

Zootlesque said:
Dude, I know you love Pop as much as we do. Why do you bother about the haters or their opinions? Is your appreciation thread going to get tainted by haters' posts??? Only if you let them get to you.
if you don't feed the fire, it dies.

Zootlesque said:

It's alright, I've already let it go. At least I know Jick can't come in here and spew his crap. That in itself is quite relaxing to me. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom