The Achtung/Zoo-Era Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love, we shine like a burning star
We're falling from the sky tonight

Axver said:
You sure you still want it? :wink: I guess a look wouldn't torment me ... too much.
hey i LOVE that song. and the b-side. i paid big bucks back in 98 for it on ebay, i'm not giving it up! (i probably shouldn't mention all the earlier singles i have too, and even uf - the album - on vinyl.)

Axver said:
Other forums? Dare I venture there?
ooh i think you'd love io. :wink:

I wish there were more backstage footage from the Zootv tour available. Seeing the band in concert is great, but i would like to see how they prepare to go onstage, and what its like after the concert. Of course we have the Detroit video from the MTV awards, but i am so damn curious to see more video from what goes on behind the scenes.
Of course backstage footage from any tour would be great. They should put something like that on the concert DVD´s.

KhanadaRhodes said:

hey i LOVE that song. and the b-side. i paid big bucks back in 98 for it on ebay, i'm not giving it up! (i probably shouldn't mention all the earlier singles i have too, and even uf - the album - on vinyl.)

*hates you in the nicest way*

What really pisses me off is that the UF and Pride vinyl singles were going REALLY CHEAP on the Aussie e-Bay (yeah, the mispressed UF single!) ... but then I forgot to come back to the auction until it was over and someone else got them for less than ten dollars!

ooh i think you'd love io. :wink:

I don't trust that winking smiley. :wink:

Hey, I know you!!
Now, a word from our sponsor. NO, it's not Coca cola, it's not McDonald's, tonight your sponsor, our sponsor is THE PEOPLE OF BOSTON(screaming of crazy girl fanatics)
Lou Reed, ladies and gentleman

Axver said:
*hates you in the nicest way*

What really pisses me off is that the UF and Pride vinyl singles were going REALLY CHEAP on the Aussie e-Bay (yeah, the mispressed UF single!) ... but then I forgot to come back to the auction until it was over and someone else got them for less than ten dollars!
oh god you just reminded me...at a record shop here i got ummm...i think i also got uf (the single) and maybe i picked up pride as well. :hides:

no seriously i think you'd like io. we eat your brains when you first post, but it's just part of the initiation process. after that it's smooth sailing - so long as you NEVER start a thread about U2! :rant:

This thread can't be allowed to die!

So...where were you on July 6, 1993? What were you doing when Zooropa came out?

I remember I was terribly excited. I had just become a fan a year and a half ago, and already I was getting a new album. Zoo TV was still going strong. I could hardly wait. I got to the music store bright and early and was home by 9:30 with Zooropa in my hands. I listened to it all day, falling further in love with the band and all things Zoo with every song.

How about you guys?

miss becky said:
This thread can't be allowed to die!

So...where were you on July 6, 1993? What were you doing when Zooropa came out?

I took the trip to Copenhagen to this old record store that offered a free poster with Zooropa :wink: A bit geeky.

Edit: I remember all my friends hated Zooropa :madspit:

Last edited:
I still remember the first time I watched the Numb video like it was yesterday. :drool:

And then I had it done to me. :eyebrow:

Zootlesque said:
And then I had it done to me. :eyebrow:
had one done to you? had the video recreated? :wink:

i remember when zooropa came out. my dad and i split the cost of the cassette (i was 10, give me a break) and we were arguing over who would keep the copy. i won. :macdevil:

I can't imagine what it must have felt like to have known U2 wearing the cowboy hats and the whole bluesy lovetown era and then hearing the first sounds off of Zoo Station. :drool: I wish I could've lived that moment.

KhanadaRhodes said:

had one done to you? had the video recreated? :wink:

Yeah... my sis and mom tortured me, made me wear stuff, threw stuff at me etc. as I sat on the sofa with a fixed expression and trying my best to remember and mumble the lyrics. It was nuts.

Zootlesque said:
Yeah... my sis and mom tortured me, made me wear stuff, threw stuff at me etc. as I sat on the sofa with a fixed expression and trying my best to remember and mumble the lyrics. It was nuts.
:lmao:

and i just realized, i meant to say what, not one.

ZOOROPA (1993)

1. Dream Out Loud
2. Numb
3. Lemon
4. Stay (Far Away, So Close!)
5. Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car
6. The First Time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom