The 2006 3 mobile Ashes Series Australia vs. England

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Unbelievable. I didn't watch today's play because of several factors (one of which I was busy, but another because I was expecting it to peter out as a draw). Unbelievable.

Well played Australia, but to get 129 on that sort of pitch is unacceptable.

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE!!!!!!
OI!! OI!!! OI!!!
GO AUSTRALIA!!!!
WALTZING MATILDA, WALZING MATILDA, YOU COME A-WALTZING MATILDA WITH ME.
AUSTRALIANS ALL LET US REJOICE FOR WE ARE YOUNG AND FREE.....

P.S.: Can you tell I'm a fan of Australia??...

heehee

What a fantastic ending, very exciting!

As much as I want us Aussies to take the Ashes of course, I'd like the Poms to take Perth, otherwise Melb and Syd will be rather boring!

yertle-the-turtle said:
Unbelievable.

Yep. :|

(But well done to Australia. of-course. And I'm with you Cass about England winning Perth..................and Melbourne...and Sydney. :wink: )

AchtungBono said:
AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE!!!!!!
OI!! OI!!! OI!!!
GO AUSTRALIA!!!!
WALTZING MATILDA, WALZING MATILDA, YOU COME A-WALTZING MATILDA WITH ME.
AUSTRALIANS ALL LET US REJOICE FOR WE ARE YOUNG AND FREE.....

P.S.: Can you tell I'm a fan of Australia??...

heehee

I thought the Aussie crowd were trying to be a little more CREATIVE with their chants this series?

Seems not :wink:

Well, England should just pack up and go home now. I don't even see the point in showing up at Perth. We know just how much some of the Aussie bowlers like the Perth wicket. The Poms don't have a bloody chance, not with the abysmal way they've been playing lately. They have no excuse for not achieving a draw in the second test.

And I say this as someone who went into this series supporting England because I hate to see Australia win anything. But England deserves to lose right now.

It would be nice (for me, living in Perth) if the Australian's went out and won the Perth test.

I was really expecting a much closer series, in terms of matches won, than we are having.

I think England might have found the solution to their wicket-keeper woes (although to be fair I don't think Read is the god of keepers England fans seem to make him out to be).

He just made 60-odd in the tour match today, has plenty of Ashes experience, although Jack Russell was miles better than him in the keeping stakes.

Yep, I'm talking Alec Stewart.

And good on Damien Martyn to pull out while he did...if he knew he wasn't 100% committed he probably shouldn't have stayed, and he did the honourable thing. Watson should be fit to take his place, I think. Hopefully Fletcher won't be blinkered enough to continue with Giles, or at the very least play Monty as the second spinner.

Well I was a little :shocked: to hear of Damien Martyn's retirement today - surely he wasn't likely to be dropped until the end of the season and I would have thought that he'd want to play out the series if he could - still, he has done the right thing to go out with his head held high. :up:

He'll be missed though - he's a bloody spunk! :lol:

This is circulating at the moment... Apologies if you've already seen it and if this isn't the forum for "jokes".

THE ASHES OFFICE TEAM

Flintoff: (Warehouse Stock Coordinator): If he ever has a day off sick, the place will fall apart. Or to use a cricket analogy: if he doesn't take all the wickets and score all the runs, it's just not going to happen.

Harmison (Creative Director): Big reputation, big salary - has to be
carried by rest of the team.

Watson (IT Manager): Offers key solutions to all problems but keeps crashing. Hamstrung by software problems.

Warnie: (PR Director): Always on the phone, always spinning something, always out for long lunches. A genius. Regularly embarrasses himself at the office Christmas party.

Pietersen (New Business Manager): The young bull, poached from rival company, who can star on occasions but ego might be a problem.

McGrath (Production Line Manager): The 70-year-old manager who just can't let go and you know what, is still better than the kids
out of uni trying to take his job.

S. Clark (Assistant Workflow Manager): Not rated, hangs around in the warehouse, and you suddenly realise he's been singlehandedly holding contracts together for the past 12 months.

Langer (Accounts): Accident-prone 67-year-old veteran with a head for figures. Refuses to retire. Somehow keeps up with changes to GST and other tax legislation. Likes martial arts.

Martyn (Retail Manager): The irritating but smooth bloke you're always trying to get rid of but customers love him and he sells just enough to keep his place.

G. Jones (Office Assistant): The PA you feel a bit sorry for
because he has no idea, but the boss likes him and will give him time to develop. Who knows? He may even make a competent middle manager one day.

Lee (Sales Executive): The face of the company with a big
laugh, a flash car and charisma to burn. Does he ever sell anything? No idea.

Ponting (Managing Director): There were early question marks over his commitment and longevity in the company, but he's matured and now is responsible for more than half the company's turnover all by himself, while also managing the office.

Giles (Assistant Marketing Manager): Been at the company for years, nobody likes him, nobody rates what he does. Must have compromising photos of the boss to keep his job.

Vaughan (CEO): Allegedly in charge but hasn't been seen around the office for months. His shadow remains.

Bell (Accounts Manager): The university graduate with the Rhodes
Scholarship who has now been with the firm for more than a year, lords over the blue collar workers but is yet to actually deliver when it matters.

MacGill (Marketing Manager): Annoying worker who wants to be
PR Director but can't get a shot at the job. Request for office car and phone rejected. Attends Anger Management courses.

Panesar (Intern): Always smiling, keen, energetic, model employee.
Strangely overlooked for promotion at every turn.

Hair (Company Secretary): Recently retrenched (suddenly). Last seen being led from the building by security.

And of course you know that "the Ashes" stands for Another Sad, Horrific England Series :lmao:

oh us Aussies can be right pricks, can't we? :wink:

I do believe that is slander!! :censored: :shame:

I'm prepared to be humiliated. Bring on some competition - it looked as though we had it in the first innings in Adelaide and it'll be welcome any time throughout the series. No Australian in their right mind wants to see a whitewash - it's just dull, dull, dull. I wonder if Michael Vaughn will play on Boxing Day? :shrug:

Last edited:
I'd like to see a whitewash
the English can never get humiliated enough in any sport

even a whitewash wouldn't stop them claiming they'll win the next Ashes :shrug:

I'm still rejoicing because of that last test :D

Salome said:
I'd like to see a whitewash
the English can never get humiliated enough in any sport

even a whitewash wouldn't stop them claiming they'll win the next Ashes :shrug:

I'm still rejoicing because of that last test :D

:applaud:

It looks like it may actually be a competition in Perth. Good play by both teams on Day 1, though Punter and Gilly seem to have had a shocker with their bats... Weather set to heat up over the weekend, though (35C+) so the Poms may wilt a bit. Time shall tell....

Wow, this might be a contest.

Besides all the obvious reasons, I also hope England wins just to keep this series alive. I'd like the Boxing Day test to actually have some meaning instead of being a dead rubber.

the rockin edge said:
why the hell wasn't monty playing before now? i mean his first day in perth is surely making the england selectors look bad, reaaaaallly bad for the first 2 tests. :|

I agree totally with everything you've just said.

Fletcher is now looking like an idiot for Monty's non-selection for the first two Tests.

Credit to Flintoff too for leaving him on after being gubbed by Symonds for 17 in one over.

Fair play for picking Chocolate Face (just seen Borat lol) But if he can do what he did, then what can Warne make the ball do?

Monty makes me laugh. Seriously hopes he does a 10 wicket match and gives us the chance of squaring the series at the MCG.

/unrealisticwish

aye, it will be interesting to see what Warney will show tomorrow

Gilchrist is treading dangerous waters
didn't expect Ponting to go like that!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom