THANKS...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2@NYC

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
I am finally able to post today, since our Internet has been down for over a week, due to the Nimba (sp?) virus and the mess that our servers are since we are so close to the WTC.

However, even when some time has elapsed, I would like to publicly thank everyone in this community for your prayers and worries for me and the whole NYC community. As you may already know, I work 5 blocks away from the Twin Towers and had the experience of watching the whole thing from the front row. Not something I would really recommend.

This has always been a very special community and I experienced that first hand, despite the adverse circumstances. I am sincerely thankful for all the e-mails, posts and IM messages I have received in these past few days.

I apologize for not being able to let you know earlier that I was ok. I e-mailed Elvis last Monday but I guess he did not read my message for a while. Regarding this, I would like to publicly thank NicaMom for helping me out.

Again, thanks to everyone. Now my hope is that we could all be smart enough to get out of this crisis with wisdom. The last thing we want to do is be as cheap as these terrorists were.

Peace on Earth, we need it now.

Best,

Pablo
pablo.verra@aig.com

Hey Pablo, you had alot of people here worried. Nice to have you back- welcome!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"I'm staring at the sun, not the only one who's happy to go blind..."

biggrin.gif
Glad to see you back!
biggrin.gif

------------------
We turn away to face the cold, enduring chill
As the day begs the night for mercy
Your sun so bright it leaves no shadows, only scars
Carved into stone on the face of the earth
The moon is up and over One Tree Hill

clarityat3am@hotmail.com

Thanks again to all...
smile.gif

Brooke, you know I could never leave without letting you know. And yes, I have missed you dearly.

hey there!
no need to thank us. you being ok is the biggest reward for us.
you'd do the same if any of us non-Americans would be in a situation like that. (emailing, asking if we're ok)

------------------
"be uncool, yes be awkward" - Always

So can you tell me when I'll be able to move back in to my office? I don't know what's worse: a dirty WFC 1 or Jersey. when I get back to my office [if I get back] we'll have to have lunch and compare war stories.

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

Sharky, last rumor I heard from my friends at Merrill is that WFC 1 won't be operational for the next 6 months. Some other friends work at WFC 4 (the one closer to the river) and they only think they can get back in 90 days. So I am afraid that you might be working in Jersey for a while.

Sure, let's have lunch. Anytime.

Pablo

Glad to see a NY post!

------------------
Nate

"Ready for the shuffle
Ready for the deal
Ready to let go of the steering wheel
I'm ready
Ready for the crush"

-Zoo Station

Thanks, Girlie. And thanks for the two e-mails asking me how I was... (and that I never had a chance to reply since I was borrowing someone else's computer).

Originally posted by U2@NYC:
Sharky, last rumor I heard from my friends at Merrill is that WFC 1 won't be operational for the next 6 months. Some other friends work at WFC 4 (the one closer to the river) and they only think they can get back in 90 days. So I am afraid that you might be working in Jersey for a while.

Sure, let's have lunch. Anytime.

NOOOOO!!!!!!! [I mean about the Jersey thing, not the lunch.] I'm going to have to take a rain check in the lunch thing until I break out of Jersey. Jersey may try and break me but it will not break my spirit! And now that I think about it, Springsteen is kind of cool.....

But six months, argh! oh well. Glad you're safe and starting to get life back to normal.

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

((((((((((Pablo))))))))))

I am so glad that you are okay! I don't want to lose any member of the Interference family!

------------------
Trust In God...But Lock Your Doors

Thanks, Girlie. And thanks for the two e-mails asking me how I was... (and that I never had a chance to reply since I was borrowing someone else's computer).

who, me?

oh hush. it was the very least i could do. it's not worth mentioning it.

that's ok. i figured you couldn't reply for one reason or another.

------------------

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 09-26-2001).]

Girlie, that is the least I could do. Thanks again.

True, Jersey created Brooke, our very own Trip girl... so Jersey deserves its very well deserved merits. Well, maybe Jersey didn't create her, someone else (who had way more fun) did.
smile.gif

Follower: thanks for your IMs as well. Truly one of the most passionate Latin American fans I have ever seens.

And to all in general... long live Interference!.

P.

Bebe, thanks to you as well. Learning any Spanish after that trip to Peru?

And Bonochick, and Zoomerang II, I am glad to see you all too.

U2@NYC & Sharky:

I am glad to know that both of you are okay.

I visited your city last week, and despite the tragic circumstances New York is recovering from, it is a GREAT city. I had never been before, and honestly didn't think I would like it, but I truly did and I hope I get to go back for a longer time someday.

May God bless you and every other New Yorker...

~U2Alabama

Girlie, that is the least I could do. Thanks again.

P.

no problem, you're welcome.
smile.gif

i just hope none of us will ever have to post such worried emails or threads again.
frown.gif

------------------

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom