symbolism in beautiful day video?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lemonchild

Babyface
Does anyone have wondered about the significance of some the details in this video like for example, the carpets on the runway, or the apple that a girl gives to bono?

I once read that the song is about a man that has lost everything and that is happier than ever, so that would explain why at the begging bono is throwing money away, but what about the other stuff?

I have done this before but since you asked for "details" here it is once again.Hope I'm not boring anyone,specially follower,one:love,I AM WHO I AM,Skeek

*Breath Taking cloud mutation*
Oops, Akerlund's first faux pass/blunder of his illustrious career as a music video director.In his urge to win awards, he accindently puts scene from Madonna's award winning video.

*Bono walking on deserted streets*
U2/Bono can can predict future(Thanks partly to his super shades), here they do so by depicting Bono as the first official sufferer of the world wide oil crisis and automobile strike of France/Europe.

*Bono throws money..runs*
Bono just pops a public service message that Paris is the most expensive city in the world.The taxi/cab won't stop even if you throw money at them, literally.

*Bono singing intro*
Bono wants this video to be a classic, so he proudly world premeires his teeths; ironically the very same would bite the arse of/off the pop charts.

*Bono dejected, throws arm in the air infront of the terminal gate*
"French taxi, damn it!" Bono lost his lap-top for the umpteenth time."I shouldn't have said those things speach against Jacque Chiraq"

*Bono pressing face against the glass of the revolving door*
This is nothing special, just the habit he picked up in Berlin (refer to Zoo Station)"Wow! this feels good". He forgets the Band is waiting for recording and he has lost the lyrics

Due to Bono's comittment for Jubilee 2000, U2 now has to record album
24/7, they do so in Airport and hotel roof top.

As soon as he remebers, he uses his supershades in the Airport and scans baggages for a new lap top.This is why he tries to steal passengers baggage.

#Thanks heavens U2 go to recording in the airport#

U2 practises stuff they did wrongly on Discotheque.Bono gives extra pelvic thrust, screaming "take that whacko jacko!" Elvis nods his approval.The Edge shows his improvised guitar poses.Adam and Larry are still learning to concentrate infront of the camera.

#U2 successfully records the first part of the song#

*The Bridge*..#In the background#
Band is ready to leave,suddenly Larry and Adam catches a glimpse of a girl whose BF is putting a tounge down her throat.(this is very unusal phenomenon by Adam and LMJR's standards).This is when the master of timing himself, the ice cool Brian Eno makes a cameo appearance and he makes a bet of $100 each that the girl will only choke after the end of the video.

Bono relaxed after peeing, is now hungry and looks for the food, while the band has already gone through with security check.
Bono sees a apple "Yummy! my mummy!", the sees the chick (Bono thinks damn these supershades, why didn't I saw her before Ali...Remember Bono can see future)he's shocked by thunderlightning, he's Stcuk In A moment and can't even stand, he's legs give up.BTW this is where they all originally got the idea for Stuck In A Momnet.(remember they can see future)

U2 as hard working as they are,now tired of waiting for Bono starts recording on the runway.Bono's inherent ability to take control proves fatal,he accidently takes over Air Traffic Control and signal for the forst plane to take off with arms wide open stance.ATC France is more than impressed and relieved.U2 is now completing the recording of a great song.Jealous by Bono's antics Larry strikes the ultimate combo of beats and signals the Plane to land(good long hours of watching Pushing Tin worked for Lardence).The rest of the video is about U2's Air Traffic Controlling technique.

Lastly Bono gets much awaited Noble Peace Prize...No No not for Jubilee 2000 but for the first human to fly without "appliance of science".NASA confirms the leap as flight, Bono just beats Michael Jordan for hang time by 0.00002th part of the second.

------------------
Even If That Doesn't Ring True.

Some very funny passages Ishkash. Thanks for the laugh.
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom