Sydney U2 gathering,FRIDAY 7th JULY O6

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fly so high!

Refugee
Shika & I are organising a gathering on Friday, 7th July 2006
Steyne Hotel, Manly,NSW

All welcome!!! We will meet for drinks and also get a U2 fix somewhat with the Rattle & Hum Show! A U2 tribute band, we saw them yonks ago and they're not bad!

We hope a few can join us as it would be excellent to finally meet some of you guys!:rockon:

^ i would come to one of your gatherings too.............maybe one day..............I have a Uncle that lives in Big Bear, we are hoping to visit him some day....it's an issue of money:(

Yawn!!!!!!!! :yawn: It looks like it's just you and me, Cherin. :down: C'MON SYDNEY!! Let's get motivated for November. If you're not a fan of tribute bands, just come along to meet some other Interferencers - it'd be great to get a Down Under Gathering a regular occurence. I've got floor space for anyone who lives miles away from Manly - accomodation negotiable!!

I was told Friday, i think by Dignity...that's why he could'nt make it,he would be at a WC final party........I might be wrong..........anyhoo!

Calling on all Sydneysiders! (and of course inter-staters and over-sears:wink: ) please come, it will be lots of fun........Shika and I are gettin' a bit...umm..... what would you call it?
Getting the feeling that no-one wants to come play:sad:

fly so high! said:
I was told Friday, i think by Dignity...that's why he could'nt make it,he would be at a WC final party

The final is DEFINITELY on the Sunday night - I wouldn't be missing that for anything.

Hey Cherin,

Did you find out what time the band comes on and/or how much the entry price is? Where are we going to meet? I'm getting pumped - even if it's just a small gang, it's gonna be fun, fun, fun!! :yes:

This friday?

:hmm:
Shika, I thought the date had already passed (i was going to get back to you, really) but then I changed it to getting back to you to aplogise for not getting back to you. So either I have dementia, or someone has fiddled with the calendar.

I'm really tempted to go. I'd love to meet up. If you were doing the pub at Central, I'd say yes, but Manly I can try to get to. I've never driven over that way before :reject:

shika said:
Hey Cherin,

Did you find out what time the band comes on and/or how much the entry price is? Where are we going to meet? I'm getting pumped - even if it's just a small gang, it's gonna be fun, fun, fun!! :yes:

Yes........It's FREE,FREE,FREE!!!! WHOOO-HOOO!!
R&H show starts at 10:30pm in Ivy's Bar (everyone to bring ID,they are really,really strict and they will ask for ID so don't forget!)

Angela Harlem said:
This friday?

Shika, I thought the date had already passed (i was going to get back to you, really) but then I changed it to getting back to you to aplogise for not getting back to you. So either I have dementia, or someone has fiddled with the calendar.

I'm really tempted to go. I'd love to meet up. If you were doing the pub at Central, I'd say yes, but Manly I can try to get to. I've never driven over that way before :reject:

Please come!!!:hyper: PM me as we live out west, we are thinking of catching the ferry, you can join us!

Angela Harlem said:
This friday?

Ang,
Don't worry!! The date at Central has passed and I let it slide because no one, NO ONE replied to that thread! (loser, me!) So this Friday is the go... Manly isn't that scary - although I live right near it, so I am a bit biased. You could drive to my house and we could go from there together... PM me if you rather and we can talk details with phone numbers. It'd be UNREAL if we all got together - and Cherin has even struck a deal with the manager of the pub - we might end up getting free drinks!! :lol:

Rochelle D said:
hey girls hope you have fun

and if you drive to manly its not that hard, just make sure you take your street directory and don't end up at the zoo like my mum did :lol:

Hey Rochelle,
We wish you could come too. :sad: I actually live right near the zoo, so if she went that way it would be handy for me!! :up:
What are your plans this weekend?

hey i would love to come but im not sure if i can make it... i love the stayne too....
i was going to see kisschasey, but a U@ cover band... even better. i will let you guys know. if i come i will probably drag my poor best friend along too.
ill let you know

PS this is exciting

jessi-ma-ca said:
hey i would love to come but im not sure if i can make it... i love the stayne too....
i was going to see kisschasey, but a U@ cover band... even better. i will let you guys know. if i come i will probably drag my poor best friend along too.
ill let you know

PS this is exciting

YEH! YEH! YEH!!!! Come with us.... it's gonna be HUGE :up:

hey i am coming. i am also draging my friend along.
so excited!
this is going to be great

if anyone is there early there are $2 glasses of champaigne upstairs at the stage bar between 5-7pm. an incentive to get there early. :wink:

how will we know eaxch other? probably casue we willbe moshing atthe front of ivy bar

jessi-ma-ca said:
if anyone is there early there are $2 glasses of champaigne upstairs at the stage bar between 5-7pm. an incentive to get there early. :wink:

how will we know eaxch other? probably casue we willbe moshing atthe front of ivy bar [/B]

$2 champagne!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DANGEROUS!! I think that might be a bit too early if we actually want to see the band, as they don't come on till 10/10.30 - we want to be standing - although a bit of a crooked walk won't hurt!! I was thinking of getting there about 9, maybe earlier.... where are you coming from? flysohigh has a photo in Lemonade Stand so you can recognise her. I'll give you my mobile no. in a PM. So glad you're coming!!!!! :dance:

Rochelle D said:
hope you all have fun tonight

don't get to drunk:wink:

drinkpals.gif
*hiccups* OK!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom