SURVIVOR 12: Panama - Exile Island

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hewson said:
Apparently Tina was due to be on Survivor Guatemala but had to back out when her son was killed, so they saved her a spot here.

Anyway...anyone else think they picked up on Probst's "clue" to Misty (good stripper name) about the whereabouts of the immunity idol?
My thinking is he accentuated the word "why" twice when talking to her..."you have to figure out whhhyyy fate was behind you being selected for exile and whyyyy...."
When they came back from commercial she was talking about what he said thinking it had to do with it being buried "behind" where they stood for the challenge, but in the backgroung behind her at the time was a double trunked tree, which looks like a "Y". So I think the idol is in or buried at that tree. Of course I may have just seen "Its a Mad Mad Mad World" one too many times.

:hmm:

Doozer61 said:
i completely agree. they just killed their tribe. sherie will lose this for them, then there will be two. :shrug:

I totally disagree. For one thing, if I was on a tribe of only four people, I'd realize that there would be a tribe switchup occuring in the immediate future due to budget concerns (cost more to film on four separate beaches........five counting exile island), and that someone like Tina would be the alpha female in a new tribe. By getting her out now, the other three all moved up a place in line in terms of females in the game. Smart move, and they can go with a bit less help around camp for a few more days until the next tribe switcheroo (which is in the next episode, obviously)..........

My favorite tribe ever is unquestionably the young women's tribe. :drool:

I am sorry but I cant stand Survivor. It's Fake. When I went to Guatemala back in September I went to Xaxca where they filmed survivor and they were 10 min from a main road. They only get attractive people. Like anyone who is in a deserted place is going to compete in games for "survival." Running through tires, climb a rope, swing to the other end jump in the water and light a torch. Come on people.

BigMacPhisto said:

Smart move, and they can go with a bit less help around camp for a few more days until the next tribe switcheroo (which is in the next episode, obviously)..........

My favorite tribe ever is unquestionably the young women's tribe. :drool:

did they show that in the previews? i didn't see them.

phanan said:
Of course it's fake - it's reality TV!

I hate reality TV cause it's not reality. If there in jungles I want to see them being stung by venomas insects or bitten by alligators and see what they do to survive with out CBS's help.

Thats reality.

With the new 4/4 format, there is very little intrigue with regards to loyalties and votes. And could Probst at least use the tribe names?

Not sure I like the new tribe setup:shrug: Hoping for a merge quickly.

Justin24 said:
I am sorry but I cant stand Survivor. It's Fake. When I went to Guatemala back in September I went to Xaxca where they filmed survivor and they were 10 min from a main road. They only get attractive people. Like anyone who is in a deserted place is going to compete in games for "survival." Running through tires, climb a rope, swing to the other end jump in the water and light a torch. Come on people.

why don't you do us all a favor then and move along

Well, it wasn't the best opening episode but not too bad. I liked Tina, but I can see why they would vote her out.

Personally, getting put on an island by myself away from all civilization sounds pretty good to me. :giggle:

As a smoker, I really feel for that guy.. going from 3 packs a day to nothing must be driving him absolutely bonkers.

I wonder if he is trying to use being on the show as a means to stop smoking? That's got to be horrible to try to do cold turkey like that.....3 packs a day is quite a smoking habit. He's gonna have to be suffering withdrawal like mad from that.....coupling that with the elements of the weather in Panama, having little food, water and sleep, all kinds of bug bites.....and having to be mentally and physically tested during the challenges! Wow! If this guy survives I'll be really surprised.

I wonder why they cant let him bring cigarettes? Remember when they were allowed to bring one 'luxury item' ?

I dont know are they :der: They used to show us what each person brought as their luxury item.. I dont think I've seen them do that since the first or second season.

If he brought cigarettes he would need matches or lighters and they wouldn't want him cheating (altho didn't that naked guy cheat by bringing something along to start fire with?!) having something to light a fire with too easily or conveniently.

Also, I think there's something else going on with this player and his non smoking....I think something will be revealed as the show goes on.

well, wasn't that whole multiple tribe thing a waste of time, the whole promo for the new season was for separating the men from boys, girls from women, 4 tribes etc. BUT for only 1 episode :rolleyes:

phanan said:
Well, he wouldn't have a problem lighting the cigarettes once they got the fire going...

Yea but that would suck if he happened to be on the one tribe who did not win flint for a fire or for whatever reason they weren't able to start a fire.

I still wonder what the whole quitting smoking thing is going to amount to.

Carek1230 said:

Yea but that would suck if he happened to be on the one tribe who did not win flint for a fire or for whatever reason they weren't able to start a fire.
He could eat the cigs for his nicotine fix.:wink:

Back
Top Bottom