Sundance Alert

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stonecircle

The Fly
I got a call this afternoon from a business associate attending the Sundance Film Festival. She was frantic because she said she had just stumbled onto what she thought was a secret unannounced U2 concert. She said two roadies were setting up, one a middle-aged guy with a gray mohawk and Irish accent, the other a local guy. They told her they were setting up for U2.

Were they pulling her leg or have any of you heard that the guys are showing up for their film?

Sundance is starting off this weekend into next week, but:

This is listed for the premiere of U2 3D.
Screenings:

Sat. January 19, 9:45pm, Eccles Theatre, Park City
Sat. January 19, Midnight, Eccles Theatre, Park City

waynetravis said:
Thanks Dion :)

Also for the pm, I sent Alex the picture btw

Oh that is fantastic Wayne!!!!! I bet Alex was SOOO happy to get that watermark off :) Thanks for helping him. :hug:

I just sent Zey the info on the possible party/concert thing. So she can go ask around at that place tomorrow. She is solely going for the chance to meet them.
I should have went with... *sniff sniff*

Hi all: Yes -- my understanding is that are all definitely coming to Sundance (in fact, could already be here) for the premiere of U23D. I've heard some rumors about a performance as well -- but nothing definitive. I've got tickets to the midnight screening on Saturday -- so I'm hoping for some good karma/photos/sightings!!

I can't wait -- I may never eat again (or at least not for the foreseeable future).

Thanks!! I went up to Sundance three times last year trying to track down Bono -- first time a day early, second time one meal late at the same restaurant, third time a day late. So -- this is my year, I hope!

Fingers crossed...

Where to find the Edge at Sundance? LOL

http://sev.prnewswire.com/entertainment/20080117/LATH15017012008-1.html

Gibson Guitar Hosts the Gibson Lodge at the 2008 Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah January 19-23, 2008

LOS ANGELES, Jan. 17 /PRNewswire/ -- Gibson Guitar, the world's premier musical instrument maker and leader in music technology will host their official lodge at the Sundance Film Festival in Park City Utah. The Gibson Lodge, known for attracting some of the most famous attendees of the festival will once again offer Fireside Jams and an opportunity to promote Music Rising, a campaign founded by U2's The Edge, producer Bob Ezrin and Gibson Guitar Chairman and CEO Henry Juszkiewicz. (http://www.musicrising.org). Music Rising will be the theme of this year's lodge with special visual displays. The campaign has aided over 2,500 musicians and over 40,000 students and parishioners since its launch in 2005. Limited Edition Music Rising Epiphone guitars will be on display for all celebrities to autograph which will later be auctioned off for the charity at the Icons of Music Sale in New York in May 2008. Gibson Guitar has also partnered with Entertainment Tonight (ET) and Getty Images who will host exclusive television segments from the lodge and provide celebrity portraits.

During the festival, the "By Invitation Only" Hospitality Lodge, located at The Miners Club, 592 Main Street, will include Gibson Fireside Jam Sessions, ET Interviews, and Getty's Portrait Studio from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM daily.

ET will showcase the Gibson Fireside Jam Sessions as well as up to the minute happenings from the Sundance festival, with Getty's talented photographers capturing the stars in their most candid moments, and Gibson Guitar will "rock the house" with impromptu jam sessions in the cozy environment on Main Street.

While waiting to pose for their Getty Images portraits or interview with ET, guests will have the opportunity to jam with a collection of Gibson Guitars and a live back-up band. Every year, the jam sessions are charged with high energy and will be the place to occupy the celebrities' time and provide an escape retreat at one of the hottest spots in town. Celebrities such as Justin Timberlake, Jared Leto, Mandy Moore and many others have rocked out on Gibson Les Paul guitars, Epiphone guitars and Slingerland drums.

In addition, celebrities and VIPs will have exclusive use of the state-of-the-art Gibson Tour Bus which will be used for media interviews and shuttle in Park City.

Last edited:
holy!!!

my brother lives in Salt Lake City (I think he still is), so I'll have my father calling him and telling him to get his ass to Sundance tomorrow night...

he introduced me to U2... I'm so happy for him :hyper:

my cousin told me about those guitar events, invitation only. he said he could get a ticket to go :|

good luck and have fun to everyone attending sundance!

Back
Top Bottom