"Stump Axver" Game

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There is a part of one tour that has been recycled and used for two more tours afterwards - a physical object, NOT a concept, that has been recycled and used later on - what was the object originally and what tour was it used on it, what are the other two tours it was recycled/used on, and what was it used for/as on those tours?

The white flag?

namkcuR said:
There is a part of one tour that has been recycled and used for two more tours afterwards - a physical object, NOT a concept, that has been recycled and used later on - what was the object originally and what tour was it used on it, what are the other two tours it was recycled/used on, and what was it used for/as on those tours?

(Not setlist-related, but still tour-related)

Oh, goodness, you've got me there. Most of the stuff I can think of is particular to one single tour - War's white flag, Popmart's lemon, Elevation's heart, etc. It can't be a b-stage, as while there was one at the last couple of JT shows (I believe) and again on ZooTV and Popmart, that's broken by Lovetown.

Hmm, how about that mirror/disco-ball that I've seen used during performances of The Unforgettable Fire on JT Tour DVDs? I can only assume that was held over for the Lovetown performances of UF and it might've been around on the UF Tour (the only two videos I actually have of UF live on its own tour are poor audience-shot footage that I haven't seen in ages and don't remember if there was the mirrorball or not). Or maybe you mean heading in the other direction from JT/Lovetown - wasn't there a mirrorball for Mirrorball Man in the ZooTV encore, for songs like WOWY?

I'm not conceding this one just yet - even if that guess is wrong, I'll see what else I can think of!

Axver said:

Though it SHOULDN'T include ZooTV --> Zooropa, as there was no Zooropa tour, just a Zooropa leg. In 1993, U2 did the fourth leg ('Zooropa') and fifth leg ('Zoomerang') of the 1992-93 ZooTV Tour.

If Zoomerang is a tour, then so is New Zooland & ZooTV Japan. They are all listed seperatly in the ZooTV program. :yes:

I'll take New Zooland as a tour just so I can say New Zealand had a tour to itself. :wink:

namkcuR said:

(Not setlist-related, but still tour-related)

Edge's guitar effects stack. Started in ZooTV used through Popmart, Elevation and now on Vertigo.:dance:

Or maybe Willie Williams

timothius said:

Didn't they on UF? :shrug:

Seriously though, I think a case is made for New Zooland and ZooTV Japan being referenced as seperate tours. :yes:

On UF and Lovetown, New Zealand had its own leg of a tour, and on ZooTV, it was part of the Zoomerang leg that encompassed Australia, NZ, and Japan. But if people are going to say the Zooropa leg of ZooTV was actually a separate tour, then let's go nuts and say Zoomerang was a separate tour too, but only applied to Australia, and the New Zooland tour is separate again. :lol: :wink:

On a serious note, I don't think much of a case can be made for the 'Zooropa' fourth leg of ZooTV being a separate tour, as at the start of the tour the setlist and stage were exactly the same. And that ZooTV logo most certainly still said ZooTV, not Zooropa. A slightly better case can be made that the 'Zoomerang' fifth leg was a different tour due to the slightly revised setlist, but it's still not a good case in my eyes.

liamcool said:
Alright.

Q: Name a song that has opened AND closed more than 40 shows (aside from Vertigo).

Anyone can cheat by looking at my signature. :wink:

How about this one:

In how many concerts has a band member other than Bono sung the main vocals for at least one song (not the backup vocals, boom-chas, etc.)?

(I have no idea of the answer, basically asking out of curiosity really.)

c4veritas said:
How about this one:

In how many concerts has a band member other than Bono sung the main vocals for at least one song (not the backup vocals, boom-chas, etc.)?

(I have no idea of the answer, basically asking out of curiosity really.)

This isn't exhaustive:
- 1987-12-12 is the first time Larry did lead vocals - Tequila Sunrise.
- Lovetown Tour: starting on 1989-10-09, Edge frequently did Van Diemen's Land. This was also done rarely on ZooTV and I can only assume Edge did it then too (never heard a Zoo VDL boot).
- Larry did 'Irish drinking songs' at many ZooTV shows.
- Every Popmart Tour show, Edge led a karaoke segment for the first and second legs, and sung Sunday Bloody Sunday at one second leg show and all third and fourth leg shows.

Is there any historic evidence that U2 ever rehearsed Promenade?

Last edited:
i ahve a serious question

ever since achtung baby has been released, has One been not played at a concert?

and i mean a concert, not a promo thingie, top of the pops, or anything like that

YBORCITYOBL said:
Is there any historic evidence that U2 ever rehearsed Promenade?

I know of no evidence it was ever rehearsed, but Bono does say a line of it during a speech in Bad in 1987, he directly says "the spiral staircase to the higher ground" when talking about drug addicts (he's saying how they're left lying on the streets, under the stairs, etc).

Cassis said:
i ahve a serious question

ever since achtung baby has been released, has One been not played at a concert?

and i mean a concert, not a promo thingie, top of the pops, or anything like that

Not to my knowledge. I don't believe it's missed a single full tour show on ZooTV, Popmart, Elevation, or Vertigo.

Cassis said:
thank you :)

has a concert ever been opened by a acoustic song?

again, a full tour show

Full tour? No. I'm pretty sure Stand By Me on JT was electric.

U2FanPeter said:
What show has the longest setlist?

What full show, post 86, has the shortest?

u2fp

Both of those are tough because it depends on what you count as a song. Does Unchained Melody on ZooTV count as a separate song? Should An Cat Dubh and Into The Heart be separated? And so on ...

I'd say the longest is 27 June 2005, Croke Park, but I'm open to the possibility some earlier show (probably ZooTV fourth leg or Popmart second leg) is longer. Shortest would be the aborted 18 December 1989, Amsterdam concert, most likely.

Axver said:

This isn't exhaustive:
- 1987-12-12 is the first time Larry did lead vocals - Tequila Sunrise.
- Lovetown Tour: starting on 1989-10-09, Edge frequently did Van Diemen's Land. This was also done rarely on ZooTV and I can only assume Edge did it then too (never heard a Zoo VDL boot).
- Larry did 'Irish drinking songs' at many ZooTV shows.
- Every Popmart Tour show, Edge led a karaoke segment for the first and second legs, and sung Sunday Bloody Sunday at one second leg show and all third and fourth leg shows.

Edge also sang Numb on a few occasions during the Zooropa shows

neilm said:

Edge also sang Numb on a few occasions during the Zooropa shows

33 as a matter of fact. Heh, that really should've been the most obvious thing for me to include on my list.

Excluding Pacific Island nations, which country ranks the highest on the latest IRB rankings without having held a U2 concert. :wink:

Try it without guessing. :wink:

If you need help I will post the entire list up to that country.

timothius said:
Excluding Pacific Island nations, which country ranks the highest on the latest IRB rankings without having held a U2 concert. :wink:

Try it without guessing. :wink:

If you need help I will post the entire list up to that country.

:madspit: That's a bloody hard one, Tim!

I haven't a clue. Uruguay or someone? I'll take that list!

U2FanPeter said:
Did mostly Edge sing a song on the WAR tour?

I have a video of B&E switching places - I believe the song was Seconds.

u2fp

Yeah, Edge would sing the start of Seconds and then Bono would join in, though Edge would stay at the middle microphone.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom