Stuck in a DESCRIBE thread..............and you can't get out of it!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tre! :lol: :wave:

VintagePunk said:

What are you doing still hanging around here?? Get to work! :wink:

I know. I gotta work on my resume. But I just don't have the motivation. :sigh:

Plus the Superbowl's on in 2 hours! :mad:

If I wasn't so afraid of the IO forum, I would start a thread called IO: bellsouth, apple, and belkin can all rot in hell.

:crazy: :coocoo: whenever I have computer troubles it always seems to be something severe that none of them can figure out & which takes hours and hours of listening to shitty music on hold to resolve. :rant:

why can't this shit just work?

we have a pc and a powerbook right. so we have a wireless network through this belkin router. the internet on the pc is always wireless, and is working just fine. but on the mac it only works when i plug it directly into the modem or whatever, i can't get into the wireless network. it tells me i have the wrong password, even though i'm 100% sure i've got the right one and i've tried 10 trillion times. so i call bellsouth, but it's not really their problem cos the modem itself is working...so she connects me to apple, and the guy tells me it's not a problem with the mac because it *is* detecting the belkin network even though it can't access it. despite the fact that the belkin network is only causing issues on the mac and works fine on the pc. anyway then the guy basically says its not their problem and to further advise me they'd have to charge me 49.50 because i didn't buy their stupidass protection plan. so now i try to call belkin but i've been on hold for years. basically it doesn't make sense because they all say it couldn't be a problem with THEIR product.

:banghead:

yeah no one needed to know that, but...

VertigoGal said:
we have a pc and a powerbook right. so we have a wireless network through this belkin router. the internet on the pc is always wireless, and is working just fine. but on the mac it only works when i plug it directly into the modem or whatever, i can't get into the wireless network. it tells me i have the wrong password, even though i'm 100% sure i've got the right one and i've tried 10 trillion times. so i call bellsouth, but it's not really their problem cos the modem itself is working...so she connects me to apple, and the guy tells me it's not a problem with the mac because it *is* detecting the belkin network even though it can't access it. despite the fact that the belkin network is only causing issues on the mac and works fine on the pc. anyway then the guy basically says its not their problem and to further advise me they'd have to charge me 49.50 because i didn't buy their stupidass protection plan. so now i try to call belkin but i've been on hold for years. basically it doesn't make sense because they all say it couldn't be a problem with THEIR product.

:banghead:

yeah no one needed to know that, but...

what tells you you have the wrong password?

^under airport in internet connect, i try to log into belkin54g which is the network, and it asks for my password then tells me it's incorrect

frankly zootles you disappoint me. you were born and raised in india therefore i expect you to solve all my computer problems. make it all better!! :angry:

:wink:

lets play the stereotyping game :hyper:

^yes...i'm positive i've got the right one, i confirmed it with that keychain access feature. at the worst i'd be willing to set it up all over again or just change the password, but no one can tell me how to do that either. :angry:

i wish i still had the manual, lol

i'm like a full half russian. my dad's whole side is pretty much russian (some of it would be modern day ukraine or belarus or poland but it was all Russia when they left :wink: )

then on my mom's i'm mainly english irish and german.

so yeah i've got a lot of russian blood :shifty:

Last edited:
Wow :love: Haven't heard much of that around here. Everyone seems to be either part English, German, Irish etc. nothing too far east :lol:

VertigoGal said:
^yes...i'm positive i've got the right one, i confirmed it with that keychain access feature. at the worst i'd be willing to set it up all over again or just change the password, but no one can tell me how to do that either. :angry:

ok, but are you sure you're entering it in the right field? cause when i connect to a new wireless network i get options like:

WEP Password
WEP 40/128-bit hex
WEP 40/128-bit ASCII

did you try entering it under more than one of those options? maybe you're entering the right password but under the wrong type of password :shrug: i've done that before

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom