Stop Press - Footy Thread No. 666

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Watta bout Buffon , after all that thing of explaining things , u think he still with head to be the number 1 ?

J_NP said:
Watta bout Buffon , after all that thing of explaining things , u think he still with head to be the number 1 ?

He stated he feels relaxed now after talking to the magistrates. I believe in his good faith, or at least, I still want to believe that not everyone is involved in dirt. He was just a bit stupid by getting into BET&WIN......................:wink:

Just a thing , If I was Azurras coach , I wouldnt bet put him on , whos the immediate replacer , Peruzzi right ? I dont know like I keep imagining in a game , Buffon lost in thoughts about the whole thing , then someone decides to kick out of the mid and then bam ......... U know what I mean

The main problem Buffon had this year was his shoulder injury, he missed the fields for 5 months. This situation wont do bad on his state of mind in my opinion, he hasn't done anything bad actually, he was just a bit ingenuos and bet on a few english and spanish games. I do frankly trust his good faith and his declared will to be on top on the WorldCup. You wait for these kind of competitions for 4 years, he must get cool minded, like all the other Juve players. I don't blame the players for anything, that's what has been done was done in the dark. There's a big will to play football among the italian players now, I see from the interviews they're very concentrated on it, the professional side must have the windward now. All we fans in Italy are getting tired and annoyed of this situation, and we all want the fun back again. WorldCup must be the turning point.

babyman said:
IT'S OFFICIAL: Andryi Shevchenko confirmed his intention to quit Milan and join Chelsea. After 7 years and 173 goals scored, Sheva leaves Milan

I was about to say that , and milan fans feel free to blame his wife. It seems that she makes the rules in the house :wink:

J_NP said:

I was about to say that , and milan fans feel free to blame his wife. It seems that she makes the rules in the house :wink:

Is there a house in the world where that isn't the case?

Sheva is not a mercenary, he only played in 2 clubs. I understand him, he can't refuse a last giant contract.

When you accept to go at another team, and when that team gives you much more money than your club, you're a mercenary, there's no other term. I'm more than happy he's no more at Milan, you can imagine it :wink: , but he should have said the things in a much clearer way. He said he accepted Chelsea because he wants that his little son Jordan learns english!!! :lmao:
Now, how much ridiculous is this?! :lmao:
Never heard such a stupid thing, he could have well stated he wanted to have a new challenge, but not that bullshit! :lmao:
He goes at Chelsea for money, that's the way it is.
Yeah, he'll become 30.

Something even more ridiculous is what I heard , He cant speak english well , and his wife as a good traditional american is worse with ucranian so ......... I've heard they communicate by a bad Italian :| And Now he wants their children to ..... not have the same prob :huh: As Babyman said himself , this is .......... Feel a bit bad though for Milan and all , now if Kaka goes out as well , gonna be a bit hard to root for Milan , coz in a nutshell they will lose the inteligence in their strike . Anyway same for Schev , he's not gonna have the same mmmm lemme see the word , well therer's not as many spotlights on English League as in the Calcio so .........

babyman said:
When you accept to go at another team, and when that team gives you much more money than your club, you're a mercenary, there's no other term. I'm more than happy he's no more at Milan, you can imagine it :wink: , but he should have said the things in a much clearer way. He said he accepted Chelsea because he wants that his little son Jordan learns english!!! :lmao:
Now, how much ridiculous is this?! :lmao:
Never heard such a stupid thing, he could have well stated he wanted to have a new challenge, but not that bullshit! :lmao:
He goes at Chelsea for money, that's the way it is.
Yeah, he'll become 30.

Totally agree with you there Babyman, if he wants his bin lids to learn English, I'm sure the money he was on at AC Milan would have been enough to pay for a private tutor.
If Abramovich really wants to achieve something in football, why doesn't he buy a club in the lower regions of any of the major European leagues, & see if he can turn them into Champions... Can't be done? Brian Clough did it on a shoestring, but then again he was a true footballing genius, don't think there's anyone out there who'll ever perform the miracles he did with what at the time were mainly considered average players, God bless him.

The "my son needs to learn English in England" was not very clever but you know...... Sheva is very shy :wink:

jimmmm, do you really think that Abramovich wants to achieve something in football ? Or....

I don't know what he wants or if he likes football but he spends huge money to win the English league, the Russian league and the Brazilian league :huh:

guill said:
The "my son needs to learn English in England" was not very clever but you know...... Sheva is very shy :wink:

jimmmm, do you really think that Abramovich wants to achieve something in football ? Or....

I don't know what he wants or if he likes football but he spends huge money to win the English league, the Russian league and the Brazilian league :huh:

Yeah, I take your point, it was a bit of a naive sentence to make on my behalf(Abramovich), but the situation with Chelsea is really beginning to piss me off, I personally think sooner rather than later he will buy the Champions League, they've come close recently, the eventual winners in the last two seasons knocked them out, & now they're beginning to buy really big names I just think its a matter of when, not if they win the big one, and once its happened I think they'll monopolise that tournament in the way they already are the Premiership, since he bought the club I've resisted saying to anyone there success has been solely down to his money, but lets face facts, as good a manager as Mourhino undoubtedly is, would he be at Chelsea without the money, or now Ballack, Shevchenko, Obi, & this list WILL grow, until they have a squad that will be pretty much untouchable, I know certain teams around Europe have failed in the past when owned by mega rich people, but there has never been this kind of money invested, or prepared to be invested in a team before, & as good as that may be for Chelsea fans, it can't be good for football.

^ Right according to this, I was doing this thought last night with two friends of mine, drinking a beer at a scottish pub.................................what's gonna happen to Chelsea if they don't win nothing next year? Considered the money that goes to Sheva, Ballack, Lampard and much more.......................would it mean rising debts? Would it mean Abra should think to sell someone then and reappraise his targets? He made tons of investments, mostly the 26 million Pounds for Sheva...........................I have the feeling in some english teams is happening the same thing that happened in Italy for the last 15 years, where many teams have invested more money as they could, with zero wins, and went a step before the collapsing. Is it possible that there are still so many out there who think that the more money you give away the more you win? This is football's highest danger, it's suicide

babyman said:
^ Right according to this, I was doing this thought last night with two friends of mine, drinking a beer at a scottish pub.................................what's gonna happen to Chelsea if they don't win nothing next year? Considered the money that goes to Sheva, Ballack, Lampard and much more.......................would it mean rising debts? Would it mean Abra should think to sell someone then and reappraise his targets? He made tons of investments, mostly the 26 million Pounds for Sheva...........................I have the feeling in some english teams is happening the same thing that happened in Italy for the last 15 years, where many teams have invested more money as they could, with zero wins, and went a step before the collapsing. Is it possible that there are still so many out there who think that the more money you give away the more you win? This is football's highest danger, it's suicide

Has Beckham won anything at Real Madrid yet? i don't think so, but then again Real probably got all their money back from him from shirt sales lol

Ambramovich is going to get very unhappy if Chelsea can't win the Champions League this year with Ballack and Shev on board too. I think he'll get rid of Mourinho if they don't win it this year. It's a risk they are taking but you have to remember that Abramovich is the 1st or 2nd richest man in the whole of Russia. He has billions of £ to his name. i think Chelsea's situation is slightly different to that of the Italian clubs in the 1990's.

However if he should leave Chelsea then they would be in a lot of trouble...

the rockin edge said:
so Milan want Ruud eh.

:sigh:

If they don't get Ibrahimovic. He's actually their first target. Milan has a bigger interest on Gerrard, they have the money now after Sheva's departure. Chelsea pays 50 funky millions Euro!!:ohmy: :ohmy:
This is the biggest deal Milan could have ever made for a 30 year old player! They'll buy other 3 or 4 players with that money now....................

1stepcloser said:

Has Beckham won anything at Real Madrid yet? i don't think so, but then again Real probably got all their money back from him from shirt sales lol

Ambramovich is going to get very unhappy if Chelsea can't win the Champions League this year with Ballack and Shev on board too. I think he'll get rid of Mourinho if they don't win it this year. It's a risk they are taking but you have to remember that Abramovich is the 1st or 2nd richest man in the whole of Russia. He has billions of £ to his name. i think Chelsea's situation is slightly different to that of the Italian clubs in the 1990's.

However if he should leave Chelsea then they would be in a lot of trouble...

Yeah, you're right, I agree on that. I see dark days for Chelsea when Abra will leave..........................who and how will buy this team?

1stepcloser said:
Gerrard will never go to Milan

Well, that's what I think, too.............but on the other hand in football we are used to see everything happen. I also never thought Beckham could leave Utd, but then....................I think a day or the other Gerrard will also try a different challenge

I just think Gerrard wouldn't want to play in Serie A. Serie A is played at a slower pace than the Premiership and i don't think it would suit his fast, all action combatitive style.

Although if he were to go there imagine having Gattuso and Gerrard in the middle :drool:

1stepcloser said:
I just think Gerrard wouldn't want to play in Serie A. Serie A is played at a slower pace than the Premiership and i don't think it would suit his fast, all action combatitive style.

Slow? Never had such impression actually, many teams in Italy play on hard pressing, this makes you run like hell

babyman said:

Slow? Never had such impression actually, many teams in Italy play on hard pressing, this makes you run like hell

I didn't say it was slow. I said it was slower. The premiership is played at a very fast pace and i think that it suits Gerrards game more. Viera is similar. Perhaps that's why he hasn't been as effective for Juve as he was for Arsenal (although don't quote me on that because i haven't seen many Juve matches, just what i've heard :wink: )

Back
Top Bottom