Stay (Faraway, So Close!) song & video appreciation!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Stay is always in my top four (THe Fly, Streets Bad). Its not recognised as a great song for the simple reason it does not have outstanding instrumental parts, yet for the song they are perfect.

Bonos vocals are heartachingly beautiful. the zooropa version is JUST beter than the string remix

Stay video is one of my favourites! I mean U2 as gaurdian angels..! How perfect is that?!:angel: And how that girl manages to sing with Bono right in her face... is a feat beyond me!?:bow:

Last edited:
It's an amazing song, likely in my top 5 songs of U2s and a great video to boot. I first saw the video right before the pay-per-view Live from Sydney Zoo TV concert, and one thing I always wondered about was how the hell did Bono and the Edge grow their hair long enough to both have the hair in ponytails? As far as I know it was filmed in the iddle of the Zooropa tour. Oh well, thats a question for pleba I suppose

Yes, I agree that is is an awesome song to sing. I find myself singing it whenver it comes one, and really like how it was done in that 2005 mega remix on "music on the internet"

yeah, it's one of those songs that, when you just want to sing, you can turn it on and sing, because the emotion is so clear, and the melodies are so solid.

Great song :up:

Back
Top Bottom