Stand Up Comedy: one of the worst ever?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Am I the only one thinking that the people who keep making statements such "I am a blind sheep now" are as big and bad shit starters as the ones who called people blind sheep in the first place?

yes, I think you are the only one thinking that. How dare people poke fun at themselves for really liking U2. They must be trying to start shit :doh:

I love Stand Up Comedy. It's not one of my favourites on the album, and the lyrics are for the most part meh to me, but the music is great. Badass riff, funky bass, love the solo/bridge. I can see people not liking it since it's very 00's U2 and 00's aren't super popular on this forum, but I dig it :up:

I don't know why, but the more I listen to Stand Up Comedy, I like it more.

'Cos it's really a kick-ass 'rawk' song. Sure the lyrics are tiny bit suspect, but c'mon the Edge's riff creeps up on you and the more you hear it, the cooler the riff is...and some of the vocals (especially) the end sound like old school or classic rock.

I don't see the big fuss about 'is this "one" of the worst U2 songs ever'...I can't find anything 'that' bad about it...:shrug:

'Cos it's really a kick-ass 'rawk' song. Sure the lyrics are tiny bit suspect, but c'mon the Edge's riff creeps up on you and the more you hear it, the cooler the riff is...and some of the vocals (especially) the end sound like old school or classic rock.

I don't see the big fuss about 'is this "one" of the worst U2 songs ever'...I can't find anything 'that' bad about it...:shrug:
Thanks for the very good explanation. I actually don't see any reason to consider Stand Up Comedy one of the worst U2 songs.

This thread is still going?

*yawn*

whatever.........

You are the one that started the thread. And in my opinion, in a trollish manner and now you're wondering why its 'still going'? I don't really understand what you're looking for here.

:up: That's exactly how I feel about it! The lyrics may not be great, but the music makes up for that!

You are the one that started the thread. And in my opinion, in a trollish manner and now you're wondering why its 'still going'? I don't really understand what you're looking for here.

I think he was hoping to find people agree with him and bash the song in here.

I just wanted to complain about the song. I'm surprised it's gone on this long.

are we still talking about how bad this song is?

one thing: if Bono's telling us to stand up to small men with big ideas, then i guess we're all doing that. Bono...STOP! just STOP!

Was Bono always a rock and roll star? is it just me or did he only just start referring to himself as this after the turn of the century? Cuz i never thought of U2 as a "rock" band.

i like this song...not one of my favourite of the album, but i think for example that All because of you is one of the worst song in the history of U2...Stand up comedy isn't a classic u2's song, but it is decent and one of the most radio friendly of the album.

Was Bono always a rock and roll star? is it just me or did he only just start referring to himself as this after the turn of the century? Cuz i never thought of U2 as a "rock" band.

Bono has referred to U2 and himself as rock star, rock band, pop star, etc in many different lights ever since I can remember.

Rock and Roll stops the traffic.

Personally i like it, people want U2 to "rock", but yet when they do they bitch about it ALL the time, Vertigo, Elevation, Get on Your Boots, Love and peace or else, All Because Of You, are all the songs i see getting bitched about, but yet they are possibly the most "rocking" songs U2 have done,

Oh well.

do you mean hold me thrill me kiss me kill me? i agree, that song was awesome. not the last good Rock U2 song though. still, I do think it's one of their best.

listen to it again my friend, i dont think you're trying hard enough... :applaud::heart::heart::up:

Back
Top Bottom