Songs of Innocence Promo Tour - Discussion Thread #2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I listened to the end of the I:heart:radio interview- the host was awful, it was a pretty lame interview.

Though I'm intrigued by Bono's comment that the tour will be SOMETHING THAT HAS NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE!:rolleyes:

So let me figure this out just so I'm on the same page.

When the twitter casuals bash the release method, twitter is for "twatters" and U2 did the right thing.

When twitter casuals like acoustic Song For Someone, U2 did the right thing.

Since i also made the same comment regarding the acoustic's Song For Someone response at twitter, i never made a distinction between right or wrong. I just mentioned what i perceived as a positive response toward the acoustic version of the song. Nothing more.

I am pretty impressed with Miracle - they easily could've played to a bunch of sequenced sweeteners from the album track (think Boots), but they tackled it as straight-up rock song.

Edge was really working over time. His shimmer stuff on the verses reminded me of the Edge of old, filling up space, etc.

Got a chance to watch this, I really enjoyed it. The song was fine, pretty much just by the numbers (though it was great to hear them plug in the instruments).

But really what I really liked was the interview. It was a lot of fun, they seemed relaxed, and it was great seeing Graham take the piss out of them, and them taking it so good naturedly. I especially loved Graham's quip (paraphrasing) "Oh, poor U2, you've had it so hard" when Bono gave his (now tired) line about being worried that their music wouldn't be heard. Even though, yeah, Bono's always selling something, he's got so much charisma I don't even mind, and these interviews remind me how much I like all of them as people. In five years there is going to be no U2, and when it's done, it's done, and I'll take this kind of thing while we can get it.

I'm also a big Stephen Fry fan, so it was nice seeing him up there with them, along with Downey. Really one of the better things I've seen from the promo tour, so thanks to prbiker15 for posting it!

Oh, but Adam...that shirt? Um, no.

I loved it when Bono said:

"There were a lot of people who were uninterested in U2 who are now mad at U2, which, as far as we're concerned, is an improvement!"

Not only is it true, I also love the attitude behind it.

I just watched the Graham Norton appearance again, and The Miracle may be one of my least favourite songs on SOI, but - I don't know if it's just general dissatisfaction with dull acoustic promos - damn Edge's guitar really cuts through live when this song is done properly. Great performance. Easily the most engaging thing they've done so far to promote the album and it actually makes U2 look like they can still rock, rather than being a bunch of plodding geezers.

I just watched the Graham Norton appearance again, and The Miracle may be one of my least favourite songs on SOI, but - I don't know if it's just general dissatisfaction with dull acoustic promos - damn Edge's guitar really cuts through live when this song is done properly. Great performance. Easily the most engaging thing they've done so far to promote the album and it actually makes U2 look like they can still rock, rather than being a bunch of plodding geezers.

Yeah they rocked hard ..they really rock...rock rock rock . You are back pedaling quickly. Go back to your we are superior fans thread. Please?

Mircle didn´t work except the intro, I´m surprised they haven´t figured it out yet. Damn, it sounds likedad oldschool rock. I wouldn´t mind if they drop it. It prooves how much better and exciting Boots were.

Mircle didn´t work except the intro, I´m surprised they haven´t figured it out yet. Damn, it sounds likedad oldschool rock. I wouldn´t mind if they drop it. It prooves how much better and exciting Boots were.

Well they are dads and are old, so ya know... goes with the territory.

I suppose if they did EDM to be hip with the kids, that would be better for you?

I love The Miracle on the album, but the two full band live versions so far have sounded like a mess to my ears. Something is just "off" and I don't exactly know what it is. They've sounded very bare with no real drive and big sound behind them. Even the main guitar riff just doesn't have the kick or the depth & warmth of sound that it does on the record.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom