Some album news to come next week (25th)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
P1jVR.gif

Ironic how Alanis Morissette wrote a song called Ironic that contained not a single example of irony, resulting in a lot of people having no understanding at all what irony is. :lmao:

It's ironic how terrible that song is.

Oh, wait, no it's not.

But the song is still abhorrent.

Technically its not illegal to place hidden cameras in restrooms of open houses. While some might think it is spying, etc., in reality it is not. Often new construction homes will have model homes open daily in their communities, often these homes will be empty as the realtors will be off showing other homes elsewhere. Sometimes people will tour these homes and decide they have to use the restroom. That may seem innocent enough, and we've all been there a time or two. However sometimes its not quite so innocent. Ever hear of an "upper decker?" It will take them a long time to track down that smell. Also, for those familiar with the old in-flight term "mile high club", you might want to consider there's a new trend going around to spark interest in couples love lives. They are calling it the 'model home club' or the 'open house club'. Yes im being serious. So don't be surprised next time you tour a model home or open house if the restroom has a hidden camera watching how many times you shake shake shake it before you put it away. There's your ten reasons to exist right there.

Technically its not illegal to place hidden cameras in restrooms of open houses. While some might think it is spying, etc., in reality it is not. Often new construction homes will have model homes open daily in their communities, often these homes will be empty as the realtors will be off showing other homes elsewhere. Sometimes people will tour these homes and decide they have to use the restroom. That may should innocent enough, and we've all been there a time or two. However sometimes its not quite so innocent. Ever hear of an "upper decker?" I till take them a long time to track down that smell. Also, for those familiar with the old in-flight term "mile high club", you might want to consider there's a new trend going around to spark interest in couples love lives. They are calling it the 'model home club' or the 'open house club'. Yes im being serious. So don't be surprised next time you tour a model home or open house if the restroom has a hidden camera watching how many times you shake shake shake it before you put it away. There's your ten reasons to exist right there.

It's like rain on your wedding day.

[ Ben moves over to an empty chair.]

BEN: Jacob. This is John. Aren't you going to say hello, John?

LOCKE: What?

BEN: [Looks to the chair] I told you he wouldn't.

LOCKE: Who—what are you talking about?

BEN: You can't see him?

LOCKE: See who?

BEN: Jacob! He's sitting right here, in this chair! [Looks at the chair] Yes, I know, but he insisted.

LOCKE: What is this?

BEN: You wanted the secrets of the Island? Well, here they are. This is the man who can answer every single- [Stops, pauses while looking at the chair] I am not. He made me bring him here—do you think that that was my—sorry, may I finish?

LOCKE: You're crazy.

BEN: Excuse me?

LOCKE: You don't know anything about the Island, do ya? You just...made it all up.

BEN: [Looks at the chair] Jacob, please, I can't hear him if you're gonna talk over what he's saying—

LOCKE: Stop. Stop. Shut up! You're putting on a show for me? Or do you...do you really think there's someone there?

BEN: I know there's someone there!

LOCKE: You don't know anything.

BEN: I'm sorry you feel that way, John. And I'm sorry that you're too limited to see.

LOCKE: You're pathetic.

[As Locke leaves he hears a voice.]

VOICE: Help me.

[Locke turns.]

LOCKE: What did you just say?

BEN: I—I didn't say anything.

LOCKE: Oh yes you did. I heard you, [raises the flash-light] you said...

[Suddenly the room takes on a life of its own. Chairs rock, glass smashes, the lantern catches fire and windows shatter.]

BEN: [To the chair] That's enough, you've had your fun!

[Ben is thrown back against the wall. For a brief moment, a figure is seen in the chair, followed by a closeup of an eye. Locke runs out of the cabin. Ben walks, shaken, from the cabin a moment later. Pause.]

LOCKE: What was that?

BEN: That was Jacob.

it must be full moon everywhere on the internet right now! :D

I come here interested in learning news/rumours/speculations RE new album. others do the same, so I thought I'd draw attention to something that hadn't otherwise been mentioned. was unaware of the unwritten code of conduct RE thread worthiness.

You should have known that when you registered, dude.

I'm excited to see this new Bono interview, unless it's just recycled Bonoisms that he used on Charlie Rose a while back. And the same goes for the interview he's done for Christian radio with Focus on the Family, which will also air on June 25. Yes, you read that right.

I'm excited to see this new Bono interview, unless it's just recycled Bonoisms that he used on Charlie Rose a while back. And the same goes for the interview he's done for Christian radio with Focus on the Family, which will also air on June 25. Yes, you read that right.

Are you fucking kidding me.

That's way worse than Monsanto, worse than George Bush. Fucking hell.

Yes Bono on Christian radio, that's a new low :tsk: Because we all now, Bono and Christianity just doesn't match.

Honestly, I think the whole "personal interview" stuff he's doing right now has not so much to do with U2 releasing a record (because, obviously, he doesn't talk about that), but with the negative publicity the new book and some articles have been causing, which is unfortunate some months before the album comes out. Maybe the management has suggested he''ll do a couple of interviews that focus on his personal views and his campaigning. I think it's a bit sad, even though I'm always interested in what he has to say, but it shouldn't happen under these circumstances. And it will lead to even more criticism, as he's so overexposed in the media.

I'd rather have a new interview with REAL U2 and album news, but ok.

Yeah, God forbid that Bono associate with all these weirdos. He can't come anywhere near people we don't like.

Bono talking openly about his faith is nothing new. See his speech at the National Prayer Breakfast and his interview with Bill Hybels, and numerous other tidbits. Bono has been yakking on about God for the band's entire existence.

Honestly, I think the whole "personal interview" stuff he's doing right now has not so much to do with U2 releasing a record (because, obviously, he doesn't talk about that), but with the negative publicity the new book and some articles have been causing, which is unfortunate some months before the album comes out. Maybe the management has suggested he''ll do a couple of interviews that focus on his personal views and his campaigning. I think it's a bit sad, even though I'm always interested in what he has to say, but it shouldn't happen under these circumstances. And it will lead to even more criticism, as he's so overexposed in the media.

Agreed. It makes me sad if he is using these interviews as a way to defend himself. I don't always agree with him and am always up for some explanations, but I admire that he firmly believes in what he's doing. If it's really nothing and he just felt like doing them, then cool. But such in-depth interviews one after another is unsettling. He should not feel the need to explain himself, particularly his motivations. Whatever gets him up every morning needs no defense for doing so.

For me it is very strange that a good person like Bono praise a evil god like bible, Bono critizies evil dictators and yet still he praise a god that have killled over 2 000 000 people in the bible.

Strange to me...

The majority of Christians are still very critical of Bono’s faith and activism claiming he is not genuine. I don’t think him doing an interview with a Christian radio station is going to change their minds after seeing comments on the Facebook page for focus on the family. These people believe they have more pressing issues that would be central to God’s priority list than aids and poverty (such as abortion and Homosexuality).

who are "Focus on the family"??

A pretty far right-wing Christian organization in the US.

If he talks about his faith or helping Africa, fine. But FOTF really only cares about gay marriage and abortion, so we'll see.

An organisation with a name like 'Focus on the Family' can never be good, much like the Family First party down under.

A pretty far right-wing Christian organization in the US.

If he talks about his faith or helping Africa, fine. But FOTF really only cares about gay marriage and abortion, so we'll see.

yikes! thanks for the heads up!

i won't try to find out more - i don't feel like getting homicidal today :lol:

Back
Top Bottom