SOE 33: Bono to open the batting on new album, Larry to keep wicket

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Come on ! sing with me ! Free yourself to be yourself if only you could see yourself.
(am I right ? is that the correct words at the end of Lights Of Home ?)

Loving the reactions. This is just so cool. I was walking my dog and listening the first time. Just a smile from ear to ear. No cringing, no big disappointments. Just goodness.
And surprise.

Hopefully the band just releases it early to at least ensure a better rip is out there.

So do we think Book of Your Heart the new Crystal Ballroom? (as in it should have been on the album proper?)

Definitely since POP. But I’d say really near it and Zooropa. Just ahead of SOI for me at the moment. But it’s all new. I’ll give it a week or so to settle in. :)

Worried the rose tinted glasses will wear off. Thats what everyone said about NLOTH. But I dont hate this one like I did SOI so Im happy. I was so deflated after I first heard SOI

I think the FB live thing was cool cause it went to real fans, and it’s not high quality, so it’s not gonna get picked up by every schmuck out there.
This was perfect.

Still no WOW catch you off guard guitar riff though which is a bummer. Solid. But not wow.

I have only heard it once though.

Shit, this is a lot better than I expected. Good stuff. Can't wait to listen to a high quality version with headphones

1st reaction:

Love is all we have left – Similar to Arcade Fire Half Light with Regine and Sinatra. Nice opening.

Lights of Home – Sounds good. Very poppy, almost formula with some of slide guitar like Pink Floyd.

The last half of it is very Beatles on the “Free yourself to be yourself”. This one is going to grow on me with more sound detail.

(Blabbing about Interfereners needing to kiss his ass)

TBT – Still like it but I will add the remix to my mix CD.

GOOYOW – Still like it.

American Soul – It’s growing on me but there are better songs on here.

Summer of love – Great beat and delicious guitar like in Velvet Dress but more Latin in style. Great pop tune.

Red Flag Day – Yeah this is not like War. It’s more like The Police and The Clash. Beautiful. Clean ending. Good companion to This is where you can reach me.

The Showman – Beatles Revolver (LOL!), Animal Collective, Beach Boys. Great vocals. Will sound much more better on a CD. Shocking in a good way! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE. Teared up a little.

Little Things – Better atmosphere and you can feel Bono’s feeling his age and lost innocence. Again will improve with better sound.

“I don’t like drinking alone” He definitely was drunk and would be perfect for an eccentric radio host.

Landlady – Nothing like Man and a woman. I know it’s about Ali. Beautiful melody and like a good 80’s/90’s adult contemporary hit, and I mean this in a good way. Beautiful understated guitar by Edge. Tearing up here.

Blackout – nice transition in tone, but we heard it.

“This song is epic!” Love is bigger – Super 70’s/80’s hit! Almost an Elton John Yellow Brick Road Hit. Or a Heart epic hit!

13 (There is a light) – A darkened cellphone audience concert closer. A little like old Coldplay Amsterdam/ with the piano. The piano and bass sound in the middle like some old hit I can almost place.

Why The fuck is book of your heart not on the album proper? Holy fucking shit that song is amazing!! And the string version of lights is epic! I think it’s better than the album version!

The standouts for me (and after Teo listens there are a lot with lots of potential, but for me they are.

Love is all we have left,
Light (string)
Summer of love is fucking awesome
Red flag
And book of your heart!

Worried the rose tinted glasses will wear off. Thats what everyone said about NLOTH. But I dont hate this one like I did SOI so Im happy. I was so deflated after I first heard SOI

I was pretty meh on Bomb, and I really liked No Line, but only really listened to 5 tracks after the first week. Pretty sad.
SOI was pretty strong for me out of the gate except I didn’t love Miracle and SFS. Never could love Reach. The rest were solid to amazing for me.

The only two here that I don’t think are 7’s or higher are AS and The Showman. Showman may grow on me, AS is stuck at a 6 or so. But it did flow well on the album and really sounded more rocking than ever.

The guitar in Summer of Love sounds just like another song - like identical. But I dont know which one hahaha But I have heard it before.

People, stop posting your email, there's a download link in the thread, quoted repeatedly!

Finally my download has worked. Very curious what this will be like...

I was pretty meh on Bomb, and I really liked No Line, but only really listened to 5 tracks after the first week. Pretty sad.
SOI was pretty strong for me out of the gate except I didn’t love Miracle and SFS. Never could love Reach. The rest were solid to amazing for me.

The only two here that I don’t think are 7’s or higher are AS and The Showman. Showman may grow on me, AS is stuck at a 6 or so. But it did flow well on the album and really sounded more rocking than ever.

Yeah glad the tracks we heard were the worst ones.

Why The fuck is book of your heart not on the album proper? Holy fucking shit that song is amazing!! And the string version of lights is epic! I think it’s better than the album version!

The standouts for me (and after Teo listens there are a lot with lots of potential, but for me they are.

Love is all we have left,

Light (string)

Summer of love is fucking awesome

Red flag

And book of your heart!

Where are you hearing those? They’re not on the rip

Back
Top Bottom