So, you were at Chicago #2...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr_Edger

Babyface
So, you were at Chicago #2, but NOT at Chicago #3.......

anyone else out there that fits this description have an ominous, gut feeling that absolutely ZERO of Chicago #2 will be featured on the DVD and that it will be EXCLUSIVELY the 5/10/05 show???

I hope I'm wrong, but let's go through the facts:
1. Chicago #3 was Bono's birthday, which makes it even more festive
2. Chicago #2 had a strand of the lights/tv that was malfunctioning all night
3. Anything else anyone can think of?

Was the Boston DVD one show?

Let me say, I AM NOT MAD OR BITTER. I'd never complain about being at a U2 show. I just really would like to say I was at a show that was released on DVD. It's my fault - I should have done whatever it would have taken to get to Chicago #3.

Let the good times roll,
Art

I was at Chicago 1 & 2, but not 3 or 4 and I have not listened to any bootlegs of these shows except my own recordings. I'm guessing Chicago 3 will make up most of the DVD footage, just from the descriptions I've read, and I'm perfectly OK with that. I REALLY wanted to be at Chicago 3, but it was my final day of classes, and I only took classes on T/TH this semester so that's a LOT of important stuff to miss since I've been sick all semester and took over a week off of school/work for a family trip in April. There was no way, so I have no regrets. :D

Last edited:
The Boston 01 DVD was primarily the 6-6-01 show. Gone on the DVD though was from the 6-5-01 show as Edge gets pissed at the end and kicks his guitar, that is from 6-5. Also, all of the Bono cam footage (from his glasses) is actually the 6-9-01 show. That is the only show he wore the camera in his glasses.

The Vertigo DVD will most likely be similiar, it will primarily be the 5-10-05 show with maybe some scenes intercut or perhaps a full song intercut from the 5-9-05 show. Word from the grapevine though is that Hamish and the band are extremely pleased with the footage and show from 5-10-05. So I wouldnt be shocked if ALL footage was from 5-10 and none of 5-9 was there. 5-9 was shot as kind of a rehearsal/back up in case 5-10 went wrong.

At Chicago 2 ,mid-way during Elevation, Bono announced that he had a frog in his throat.

I have always expected that the DVD will be mixed footage from both nights

Having been at chicago 2 and 3, I have to say the band and crowd seemed more into the show at Chicago 3, so they should use it primarily for the dvd.

It'll be interesting to see what they release as the final encore: Yahweh/40 from the 9th, or Original/Party Girl/Vertigo from the 10th. I personally thought the Original/Party Girl/Vertigo encore was much better than Yahweh/40 form the 10th. The reason I don't list Party Girl from the 9th is because it has zero chance of making the dvd; but the one from the 10th is possible.

trainspotter said:
I have always expected that the DVD will be mixed footage from both nights

I was at Chicago 2. And I really hope they do mix in the footage of both nights. Even if they just include some footage of it as bonus tracks. I'd be thrilled to relive a moment of it anyday:D :dance:

As a guy who was at the 9th show right in front of Bono the whole time - and spent the whole show, even the slow songs, jumping up and down so there would be good fan shots for Hamish, I would be dissapointed if none of the footage from that show was included.

romi said:
As a guy who was at the 9th show right in front of Bono the whole time - and spent the whole show, even the slow songs, jumping up and down so there would be good fan shots for Hamish, I would be dissapointed if none of the footage from that show was included.

Yes..I was in the ellipse in front of Adam and feel the same way!

I was @ 2 and 4 and am also worried that #2 won't make it to DVD :sad: I too thought of the light malfunction and the 10th being Bono's birthday...
I hope at least some of it's on there!!!

Lighting director Willie Williams (I think that is his name) says that everyone is extremely pleased with the footage. He writes Willie's diary for u2.com. You're suposed to pay for this part of the website but I seem to be getting it for free. It seems to be on another website too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom