So what is in store for the rest of the year?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I keep hearing all of these rumors going around about everything U2 related going on for the rest of the year.

It all sounds very excited but can someone please break down what is a fact and what is rumor.

fact or fiction?

1. U2 on ABC family in June?

2. U2 Slane on CBS this fall? (1 or 2?)

3. U2 Best of 90-00 out in November?

4. Best of DVD the video's 80-00?

5. Slane DVD out before Christmas?

6. 1, 2, or 3 songs on Gangs of New York soundtrack? And are they all new? Release date?

I don't know how much of this is true but if it is all true than I think this may be the most exciting year for U2 in a long time.

Originally posted by The Arms of America:
I keep hearing all of these rumors going around about everything U2 related going on for the rest of the year.

It all sounds very excited but can someone please break down what is a fact and what is rumor.

fact or fiction?

1. U2 on ABC family in June? FACT

2. U2 Slane on CBS this fall? (1 or 2?)

3. U2 Best of 90-00 out in November?

4. Best of DVD the video's 80-00?

5. Slane DVD out before Christmas?

6. 1, 2, or 3 songs on Gangs of New York soundtrack? And are they all new? Release date? FACT

I'm not sure about the others because, frankly, I haven't been very caught up in news lately.
redface.gif
If I'm incorrect in anything, feel free to correct me.

------------------
I only smile in the dark

Popheart.org

Here's what I do know and what I don't:

Fact or Fiction:

1. U2 on ABC family in June? - I have no idea.

2. U2 Slane on CBS this fall? - Fact (sources posted at youtwo.net and U2news.com; to be released simultaneously with a new album, possibly the Best Of).

3. U2 Best of 90-00 out in November? - Pretty much a fact, as it's supposed to be out before the end of the year, and this is the date that's frequently mentioned in reports; also U2 has had a recent history of November releases, inlcluding the last Best Of, from what I remember).

4. Best of DVD the videos 80-00 - Rumour

5. Slane DVD out before Christmas - Fact (at least according to Edge; he mentioned it would be out by Christmas at the Hot Press awards).

6. 1, 2, or 3 songs on Gangs of New York soundtrack? And are they new? Release Date? - From previous reports, it seemed as though U2 were involved with the entire project, although now it's a bit of a murky subject. Bono first mentioned this project a while ago, while on tour I believe, so this has been in the works for a while. It was previously reported that Bono wrote a song about his father that was going to appear on the soundtrack, called A Man's Man (or something like that). Now, we've all heard about the song The Hands That Built America, which is also a murky subject. Some news reports say it *will* be on the soundtrack, while others say it *might* be. In my opinion, it's a safe bet that it will be, as one of the places it was shown, was at a pre-screening event (not for Gangs, but for other films). As for other songs, there is no definite answer. I'm guessing there will be at least two, but that's just a guess.

Part two of your question: I am guessing it is all new material, as Bono has been quoted as saying they've been working on this soundtrack for a while now.

Part three of your question: There is no release date for the soundtrack, nor the movie, although a December/November release date now seems likely, as the date has been continuesly pushed back (due to a variety reasons, I suspect) from the original summer release date.

Hope that helps a little.
smile.gif

------------------
The Tempest

1. Fact

June 9, 8-10 ET, ABC Family network, Boston Elevation show

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom