So they WILL film in Chicago.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

God Part III

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
At least that's what Hamish Hamilton says, over (at) atu2.com...

This is great news. Although we may not be seeing that many changes in the setlist now, will we?

Excuse me if someone already posted this.

Yes!
It all makes sense now!.....Well Lets say they are doing a "Boston" on us.

The first 2 shows will probabley be almost identical, and the last 2 to be mixed up.

Good for a bit of closure on that one.

Bit too early for my liking... Towards the end of the second leg always seems to produce the best results live for the band.

But thats only minor. Should be awesome!

God Part III said:
Although we may not be seeing that many changes in the setlist now, will we?

Of course we will. Go have a look at the four Boston sets from the last tour. Odds are they'll film the first two shows and they'll have similar sets, but that was to be expected anyway, with the regular 'night one' and 'night two' sets.

well, i am at chicago 1, so they better film there.... i can't wait now, i am so excited because of all the awesome reviews i have read and the feedback here:drool:

I saw that this morning and I nearly died. :D I'm going to Chicago 1. I wouldn't have thought it was possible to be any more excited about this concert, but now my anticipation has just gone through the roof. :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

I think they might make the Tour DVD multiple shows. In Vancouver they were filming about 1/3rd of the songs in addition to COBL, which makes no sense right? It also wasnt a warmup like someone said in another thread because the camera crews were just hired locally, and I talked to the camera man when I was front row yesterday. He said he had no idea what they were shooting the additional songs for. Songs I remember they shot were COBL, LAPOE, Sunday Bloody Sunday (not sure), Bullet, RTSS. They might be doing each section in a different city and are doing the War/Protest type section in Vancouver.

amarks86 said:
I think they might make the Tour DVD multiple shows. In Vancouver they were filming about 1/3rd of the songs in addition to COBL, which makes no sense right? It also wasnt a warmup like someone said in another thread because the camera crews were just hired locally, and I talked to the camera man when I was front row yesterday. He said he had no idea what they were shooting the additional songs for. Songs I remember they shot were COBL, LAPOE, Sunday Bloody Sunday (not sure), Bullet, RTSS. They might be doing each section in a different city and are doing the War/Protest type section in Vancouver.

probably shooting it for Good Morning America, as well as practicing for the video shoot in Chicago. Ironic that the Good Morning America performance was shot in canada. haha.

Hmm...does this mean Chicago 1,2 (or whichever) will have limited GAs like in Boston? Will they pull only the "good looking" ones up front again??

beatlesboy said:

I'm sure they'll film a gig in Europe also, kinda like "U2 Go Home"...:yes:

yeah I know we got U2 Go Home but thats the only one we have compared to the others! sydney,boston,mexico city,red rocks....doesnt balance! lol

Why would they film a DVD so damn early in the tour? We and they know they play their best in the middle or end of a tour!!

Perhaps in order to get the DVD out in time for Christmas, they have to film one early in the tour? Any thoughts?

livehead said:
Why would they film a DVD so damn early in the tour? We and they know they play their best in the middle or end of a tour!!

Perhaps in order to get the DVD out in time for Christmas, they have to film one early in the tour? Any thoughts?

It's not that early, a little over a month earlier than Boston was for Elevation. And as I recall, the Boston DVD came out in October, didn't it? Well before Christmas.

Would've preferred MSG personally.

And I also think that Hamish should have sat this one out.

Last edited:
mm i thought that hamish was 'to good' - a concert dvd should have some rouhgh cuts and not so many close ups in my opinion. much more like slane.

I think they might release a USA disk and a Europe stadium disk, espeically if the show is diffrent

This sounds pretty cool--I'll be at 3 of the Chicago gigs. My only hope is that filming the show or shows won't mean that we'll get the same setlist 2 or 3 nights in a row.. I'm really looking forward to them cracking out something new in Chicago.

I have the feeling U2 is going to release multiple shows on dvd this time around again. The live concert/DVD market has really blown big in the last 2 years and it'd be stupid for them not to capitalize on it.

Here's hoping that after the Chicago filming (I agree that it will probably be on the first two nigths) we get a LOT more setlist variety the rest of the tour....

The band are playing fantastic already, no need to wait. Why not catch em while they are already on fire. Some songs might become a little bland later in the tour, While the band are enjoying certain songs now, they may not later on and they can't keep this same setlist going all year......It a fantastic set now, so they just have to capture it, then they can change and maybe capture the next step somewhere else.

*Ally* said:
this is cool! i am going to the last two shows, so i hope they film something during those shows... :up:

i'm sorry, that's reeeally selfish of me! :huh:

i hope that the GMA performance is from Vancouver, and that they also film/release one of the European stadium shows! :yes:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom