So how did the non-Prop U2.com members do in this presale?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TenMidgets

The Fly
Just wondering how the presale went for those who were not former Propoganda members but only U2.com subscribers? I went through a rollercoaster of emotions this time around and really got a mixed bag of results so I was curious how others did. I was trying for 2 GA's for the 10/7 show @ MSG. At 10:00 I clicked on General Admission from the list and it told me there were no tickets available. Tried this like 3 more times with no luck. I was fairly disappointed after hearing how well the presale went for those who bought yesterday. But I keep trying and just go with 'best available'. As I go, the seats keep getting worse and I am having flashbacks of the first nightmare presale. FINALLY on like the 8th attempt looking at 'best available' I score 2 GA seats! I am so excited. But then when I click on the Submit button I get the error page of death and it said there was a problem with my order. I scream in anger! But frantically I press the back button and there is the submit button again so I press it and my order goes thru. Whew!! I feel very lucky today and the blood, sweat & tears of the U2.com membership experience is now worth it...

Man I should've kept trying. I put in 54.00 and GA and got nothing. THen put in 54.00 and best available and got 2 nosebleeds. Didn't wanna give em back b/c you never know if its gonna sell out. It's alright I guess...

I just snagged two GAs for Dallas and two for Houston in less than 10 minutes. Larry, you are the MAN! I guess it's fortunate for me that they're skipping Texas on the first leg!

Wow so it seems that some of the "old demons" of the US presale are still there, yet for some its working beautifully. Would like to get more feedback from others and see if we can get a concensus on how this second presale fared. One thing is obvious, the Propoganda members had a MUCH better expereince than we are having. Also it looks like they bought a lot of the good seats! :wink:

PS: but yes, based on my experience keep trying! I also don't know why there are still error pages happening!

to be fair it looks like i'm in the minority here - most have had a lot of luck. i guess i was just unlucky this time round with the code being rejected but i definitely doesnt look like its a wide spread problem like it was last time so at least thats an improvement

The problem now is they satisfied so many peple with the Prop thing, there will be no real outcry for the many who don't even get the opportunity to buy presale tix.

I was able to get 2 GA's for the first Chicago and a friend of mine was able to get 2 GA's for the second Chicago. I have to say I was prepared for the worst and wasn't expecting much out of the presale this time around either, but it sounds as if there were still plenty of issues with the code BS...

Yeah I had issues at the beginning but I got in for the Dallas presale and it turns out that Id feared the GAs were gone and I got a section 101 through 124 Lower Level reserved seating which the sats are located close but to the side of the stage.
I tryed 1 more time and got a GA im also preety happy because the guy Im friends with at a used cd shop who has sources scored a GA for me so I might be able to resell the seating ticket.

Wow...I am surprised that the rejected code issue was not resolved. If I were you I would write U2.com and/or TM and demand a refund of your site fee AND the opportunity to buy tix with a new code.

mailed both of them, but considering i've NEVER got an email back from u2.com before i'm not holding too much hope

There were lots of people who got screwed last time, so U2 responded. Now if 1 or 2 out of 10 gets screwed, it's probably acceptable to them. Thanks U2! fan since 83, $40 poorer, with a new favorite band!

2 GA's for the first Chicago show at first try. The video for Sometimes had just ended, presale started and I was done by 10:02.

This is my first time to see them GA. Saw 3 Elevation shows and got tickets behind stage for 1st leg. So I usually don't have good luck.

i tried for 10/8 GA's and wasn't getting any luck for about 7 times. went for 10/10 GA's and got them 1 at a time using best available. if anyone out there wants to trade 2 GA's 10/8 for 2 GA's 10/10, please let me know.

otherwise, it was a success for the fact that hardly any scalpers probably got tickets. and for that fact alone, this was better than before.

I wasn't able to get GAs for MSG, which was a bit disappointing, but I did get them for the first DC show.

Also, for what it's worth, there were still a bunch of non-GA MSG tickets available at 10:45. I'm too broke right now for the expensive tickets, and I didn't want to waste the code on nose bleeds so I went with DC. And I'm already regretting it. Must find another way to get tickets to the 10/08 show. It's only money, right?

2 GA's here, as well :hyper: I'm sorry things didn't so well, Mr. Brau :( You can still get lucky through the standard sale this weekend :hmm: Heck, that's how I bought tickets for the Elevation tour *shrugs*

ANYWAY, I must say I am very very very very very very very very very very...happy :D I've never gotten GA before, so this is a totally new experience. How early should I show up on the day of the concert (heh, I know it's a long ways away, but still...just curious)??

As a Prop member are you allowed to get 4 tixs to any 1 show or 2 each over 2 differnt show?

Thanks

I have one Prop membership and one regular U2.com membership, and both pre-sales went really well for me. It took me less than a minute to get GAs for Atlanta. I'm sorry some of you didn't have as much luck. :(

even though i was a prop member when i finally got thru to Fanfire last nite they said they didn't think i would get the email in time to buy tickets. i told them i was in CA and it didn't end till 10pm local time, they had no clue. so basically my 30 minutes waiting on hold for the 3rd time was completely useless cause i never got a prop code. in fact the girl told me, well you have an unused code just use that tomorrow, ugh. but it all worked out in the end, i just scored 2 GA for the first show in LA. so happy and nervous, i need to chill. i got thru right away and got floor but then it gave me an error, i almost died. then of course my boss came over so i had to stop trying for 2 minutes but when i tried again i got GA!!! so so so happy right now!!:combust:

I tried for my boyfriend since he was in class -- to get 2 GAs for 10/8 MSG, but no luck for over an hour. :shrug: I got him Boston ones instead- at noon (still were available), but it would have been sweet if we could go together to 10/8 MSG. (heh, if anyone wants to trade 10/4 GA for 10/8....:wink: )

Last edited:
I was a Propaganda member and I was easily able to get tickets yesterday (I purposely didn't try for GA, though, and scored some outstanding seats right by the stage!).

My coworker wanted GA's but wasn't a Propaganda member. He watched me get my tickets yesterday, so I watched him (to add "support") today. He had ZERO problems getting two GA's for the first Boston show. It was ridiculously easy for both of us.

I'm not sure what to say about those having problems, but so far so good for us. :yes: Thanks U2!

Back
Top Bottom