Smokin` Request...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bonocig.jpg

popbono6.jpg

WHOA. I didn't know Bono smoked back then. I guess that means he's been smoking for quite some time..
.. but I don't see a lot of pictures where Bono is smoking cigarettes. He seems to smoke cigarillos and cigars very often. Hopefully he doesn't inhale when he smokes 'cause I'd think the cigars would damage his voice.

Do any of you know the brands that he and the other band members smoke? It'd be interesting to know if they smoke cheap tobacco or rich tobacco. :hmm:

WHOA. I didn't know Bono smoked back then. I guess that means he's been smoking for quite some time..
.. but I don't see a lot of pictures where Bono is smoking cigarettes. He seems to smoke cigarillos and cigars very often. Hopefully he doesn't inhale when he smokes 'cause I'd think the cigars would damage his voice.

Do any of you know the brands that he and the other band members smoke? It'd be interesting to know if they smoke cheap tobacco or rich tobacco. :hmm:

I dont think Bono actually smoked back then, I know he done a bit of interacting with the crowd before the solo in Boy/Girl, ie asking them for cigarettes and a lighter but he just took one pull off the cig and threw it away while flashing the lighter like a lunitic during the solo,

Bono has said in a few recent interviews that he had to give up the smokes and cigars cause they were really damaging his voice, Id say he still sneaks the odd cigar, unfortunatly on the Vertigo Tour there seemed to be alot of crackling in his voice due to smoking but now that he has quit/cut down he is if we can trust Lanois "SINGING LIKE A BIRD"

oh and Id say its top grade tobacco for the rock royalty of U2!

could people also post pics of Edge & Larry smoking?
[if it is ok with the original poster]

its really rare to see Edge smoking, I think he only smoked during the Achtung Baby/Zooropa days,

and its even more of a shock to see Larry smoking! I didnt know he did untill I seen the pic of him w/ The Pretenders in the U2 by U2 book, I guess it was around 1987/88 the Joshua Tree Tour.

^ yeah, I agree. there is a large amount of adam smoking, a fair amount of bono smoking, some of larry smoking, and little to no pictures of edge smoking.

the idea of bono flaunting around a lighter during the boy/girl solo.. interesting. hahaha

Wow thanks,all...I always wondered what those brown cigarettes were he smoked all during Achtung Baby ,but they are called Cigarillo`s,a cigar version of a cigarette ...I have never seen them before.

Back
Top Bottom