slowly turning a rabid Radiohead fan -or- just a jerk?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

answer!

• Rabid Radiohead fan

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • jerk

Votes: 11 68.8%

• Total voters

zonelistener

ONE love, blood, life
I was listening to the local, "over-commercialized" college radio station in my vehicle today, and shortly after Karma Police finished playing, the kid DJ came on and said that we won't be hearing about Radiohead in the states that much for a while because they are touring Europe and Australian right now...but "maybe in the Fall" we will have them tour North America.

I picked up my cell phone, and called him. I first reminded him that Radiohead will be "in two cities less than three hours away" in about two weeks. He apologized for messing up and told me that I was the fourth caller he had. I then asked him to "go walk into your program director's office and tell him you suck as an 'alternative' DJ."

I am not sure if he complied.

I have either become a rabid Radiohead fan...or I REALLY need a vacation/time away from my 75-hour-per-week job.

Arrest this man.

My punmanship has reached new lows. Excuse me while I re-evaluate my originality... while eating some lovely cake.

Thumbs up to Zoney.
Chivalrous as always.

:up:

Aren't the two synonomous....synomonous....synaminus....synonymys.....sinonmymnus....interchangeable....interchangable....the same?

Last edited:
Radiohead fans are the LEAST likeable in rock, just behind Deadheads from back in the day. They usually think all other music is inferior, and they are somehow "smarter" for liking the last 3 records the band put out. They are usually very "alternative", and if i'd been that DJ i'd have told anyone who was condecending to me to suck the wang, then played an hour of Skynard just to piss them off. Whoah!. I think I have issues.

MrBrau1 said:
Radiohead fans are the LEAST likeable in rock, just behind Deadheads from back in the day. They usually think all other music is inferior, and they are somehow "smarter" for liking the last 3 records the band put out. They are usually very "alternative", and if i'd been that DJ i'd have told anyone who was condecending to me to suck the wang, then played an hour of Skynard just to piss them off. Whoah!. I think I have issues.

im not being sarcastic when i say i actually agree with you to a large extent. ofcourse not all rh fans are like this, but it would appear a lot of them are.

Red Ships of Scalla-Festa said:

im not being sarcastic when i say i actually agree with you to a large extent. ofcourse not all rh fans are like this, but it would appear a lot of them are.

I actually think The Bends is one of the top albums of all time, timeless stuff, so I guess I'm a fan too.

I was listening to my local 'alternative' station recently while packing up my old house--I was listening to it about 12 hours a day because I'd packed my stereo and only had radio left. I became so enraged at what they were passing off as current music that I had a whole dialogue going in my head of what I wanted to say to every one of those DJs, along with a tracklist of a mix I was going to put together and send them with a note that said 'here's a sample of the music you should be playing.' I was quite full of myself that day, so I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt, too, and go with rabid Radiohead fan. :wink:

zonelistener said:
I was listening to the local, "over-commercialized" college radio station in my vehicle today, and shortly after Karma Police finished playing, the kid DJ came on and said that we won't be hearing about Radiohead in the states that much for a while because they are touring Europe and Australian right now...but "maybe in the Fall" we will have them tour North America.

I picked up my cell phone, and called him. I first reminded him that Radiohead will be "in two cities less than three hours away" in about two weeks. He apologized for messing up and told me that I was the fourth caller he had. I then asked him to "go walk into your program director's office and tell him you suck as an 'alternative' DJ."

I am not sure if he complied.

I have either become a rabid Radiohead fan...or I REALLY need a vacation/time away from my 75-hour-per-week job.

i congratulate you. the world really needs less of those morons. i have to say in his defence that the second you get on the air your propensity for saying stupid things increases tenfold, but there really isn't any excuse for that level of utter idiocy.

:up: zonelistener :up:

commercial radio sucks.

meegannie said:
Aren't the two synonomous....synomonous....synaminus....synonymys.....sinonmymnus....interchangeable....interchangable....the same?

my point exactly!

Thanks for voting.

And yes, I love all nine of you too! :D :sexywink: :heart:

*remembers that he voted for "jerk" too

Last edited:
The one thing in this whole thread that struck me right off was the bit about a 75-hours-a-week job. That's insane. I mean, I'd commit suicide if that was me.

Back
Top Bottom