The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know it sounds silly but I'm soooo relieved you like the songs I picked. I get so protective of my favorite bands that I feel I don't even want to share them. Lame I know. Glad you like the tape!

Okay--as of today, BOTH gabrielvox's and popmartijn's CDs have been shipped (finally--I sent pop's a few days earlier), so hopefully you guys will get them soon and not mind the girly songs.

paxetaurora said:
Okay--as of today, BOTH gabrielvox's and popmartijn's CDs have been shipped (finally--I sent pop's a few days earlier), so hopefully you guys will get them soon and not mind the girly songs.

:hyper:

As long as it isn't Britney Spears I don't mind girly songs.

I will not go to work next week, all week long I'll be waiting for my mailbox... :D

C ya!

Marty

I got ti-hua?s tape! Just playing :)

Thank you, ti-hua!

Some kewl old skool 80s stuff. Side A ist perfect to make ready to go out.

Didn?t know most of it. Fine choice. :up:

Tracklisting:

A

New Order - Dreams Never End
The Clash - Lost In The Supermarket
Generation X - Ready Steady Go
Catherine Wheel - Delerious (I think this one is with the piano in the end? but I have to listen to it again... anyway this part is awesome)
Afro Celt Sound System - When You?re Falling
Curve - Perish
Kitchens Of Distinction - Drive That Fast
New Fast Automatic Daffodils - Stockholm
Midge Ure - Answers To Nothing
William Orbit - Love My Way (I really like Orbit)

B

Pop Will Eat Itself - Dance Of The Mad (I?m curious, wanted to listen to this band for ages, actually Pop eats itself, as we all know :D)
Shriekback - Nemesis
The Chameleons UK - Swamp Thing
Beverly Klass- Temple
Peter Gabriel - Love To Be Loved
The Tragically Hip - Its A Good Life If You Don?t Weaken
Crowded House - Weather With You
The Icicle Works - Birds Fly (Whisper To a Scream)
Siouxsie & The Banshees - Peek A Boo
Killing Joke - Eighties

Huh... just put Side B in - :lol: - it rocks

Thank you again, ti-hua!

Last edited:
Well, somebody needs to post The_Sweetest_Thing's tracklisting!

1. Idlewild - American English
2. Prodigal - Porcupine Tree
3. PJ Harvey - One Line
4. Massive Attack - Tear Drop
5. Manic Street Preachers - The Everlasting
6. Matthew Good Band - Apparitions
7. Starsailor - Tie Up My Hands
8. Our Lady Peace - Thief
9. The Verve - Lucky Man
10. Travis - Love Will Come Through
11. Damien Rice - Amie
12. Badly Drawn Boy - The Shining
13. Toad the Wet Sprocket - Windmills
14. Chris Cornell - Sunshower
15. Counting Crows - Goodnight Elisabeth
16. Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness

:D I have to listen a few more times to pick out my favorites, but it's quite awesome.

Just got typhoon's today! :hyper:

I've been so busy today I haven't had time to listen to it yet, but here is the tracklisting. Can't wait!

1. John Lennon :up: - Real Love
2. Oasis - Round Are Way
3. The Screaming Trees - All I Know
4. Syd Barret - Terrapin
5. Ben Harper & The Innocent Criminals - Alone
6. Tom Waits - Walk Away
7. Pearl Jam - Undone
8. String Cheese Incident - Outside & Inside
9. Cat Power :)heart: )- No Sense
10. Jeff Buckley :)heart: )- Lost Highway
11. Blur - Look Inside America
12. Roy Orbison - Only the Lonely
13. Coldplay - See You Soon
14. Leonard Cohen - Monster Song
15. Luka Bloom - Over the Moon (I've been wanting to check him out, this will get me started I'm sure!)
16. Steve Earle - Another Town
17. Gillian Welch - My Morphine
18. Danile Lanois - Under a Stormy Sky
19. Chris Cornell - Wave Goodbye
20. Johnny Cash - In My Life

Looks extremely kickass!!! I will be listening to this tomorrow!

:hyper:

hey everyone...i was too late in noticing this to be involved...is there the thought of another exchange in the future? i'd love to be involved if so...

:)

*edit* i also :heart: jeff buckley, but i haven't heard that song :mad:....*works on that*

Hello,

As I'm a lazy boy I'll not do a double post. Instead, I'm quoting from my own journal here (yes, it's all one big ego-trip :D).
After a long day at work I found a nice surprise coming home. My first Interference CD has arrived! :hyper: Thank you paxetaurora! Against the wish on the accompanying letter I did glance over the tracklisting. I did not have any song on it (except one track that's here in a remix which I have live). Suprisingly, I'd never heard any of the songs on it (except that one track of course), although I know some of the artists (and have other records by them).
Not a surprise is the fact that I really like this compilation. :up: Many have posted the tracklistings of the various mix-CD's and I like them all (although there are a few I haven't heard of before). Since gabrielvox yet needs to receive his CD I won't spoil it for him by posting the tracklisting already, but I will do it after he got a copy of this wonderful CD. Thanks Abby!

C ya!

Marty

P.S. Abby can you please email me at popmartijn at hotmail dot com. I want to know how you visualise this mix-CD so I can create a nice cover for it (this mix CD deserves a nice cover in a regular jewel case, it's really good!)

Stories for Boys said:
hey everyone...i was too late in noticing this to be involved...is there the thought of another exchange in the future? i'd love to be involved if so...

word up stories, i want in too, somebody pm me when the next go round is up.....

:up:

paxetaurora said:
I'm glad it arrived so quickly--check your e-mail! :)

I did and I think I already have some idea about it. You'll know it in a couple of days...
BTW, How many 'Absolute Favourite Songs' do you have? :p

C ya!

Marty

P.S. If it's up to me then there'll definately be a second volume. Maybe one with a common theme?

elevatedmole said:
I'm going to try to get my last CD finished, but it's a long story and I might not be able to finish it for a couple days. :| Many apologies. I'll get it done as soon as I can.

hey girl,

I have been burning a couple cds lately and realized that when I burn two copies at once, the first disc doesn't close/finish. :huh: :mad: anyway-- if you can't listen to the cd that I sent you :reject: PM/email/hollar & I'll burn another one. Sorry 'bout that!!!! :der:

I got one cd...I'm guessing a second will be arriving very soon :)

DiGi said:

So glad you like them

Diemen did you get mine? Or do I need to resend them to you?

Oops - I somehow thought I'd pmed you earlier, and I haven't checked this thread in ages. Yes I did get them quite a while ago! Thanks - I enjoy them quite a bit! I'm familiar with most of the bands but most of the songs are new to me. You've got very similar tastes to mine. :up:

I'll go ahead and post the tracklisting to my cd:

1. Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Whatever Happened To My Rock And Roll (Punk Song)
2. Ani DiFranco - Fuel
3. Ben Folds Five - Selfless, Cold And Composed
4. Paul Pe?a - Gonna Move
5. Ryan Adams - Answering Bell
6. The Verve - The Drugs Don't Work
7. David Gray - If Your Love Is Real
8. Norah Jones - Shoot The Moon
9. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Can't Stop
10. Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds - #41 (Acoustic)
11. Barenaked Ladies - Break Your Heart
12. Jeff Buckley - Eternal Life
13. B?la Fleck & The Flecktones - shanti
14. Wilco - Sunken Treasure
15. Elbow - Scattered Black And Whites

if everyone's doing it again, count me in this time, looks like it was fun. i can make tapes or cds, although i have a bigger collection of stuff that i can put on tapes...

IWasBored said:
if everyone's doing it again, count me in this time, looks like it was fun. i can make tapes or cds, although i have a bigger collection of stuff that i can put on tapes...

Me too! I want in!

paxetaurora said:
Well, gabrielvox, have you gotten your CD yet so popmartijn or you can post the tracklisting?

Gabrielvox, if you want coverart for this CD, you can email me. I have created some, so you can make a nice album.

C ya!

Marty

Announcement

This is for everyone who has participated in the CD Exchange.

I am unsticking this thread as of today. If you have not yet received your cd, please contact me telling me who you have received from, where applicable, so I know who still owes you a compilation. If you still owe people cds, but for some valid reason are unable to send, also contact me.

For those who enjoyed this first cd exchange, or who were too late to sign up, paxetaurora and I are plotting another one soon, so watch this forum for details. :wink:

Thanks for making this one a success, everyone!

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
If you still owe people cds, but for some valid reason are unable to send, also contact me.

i think if people still owe a cd, it would be "polite" to pm the person who is expecting the cd, as well, to tell the recipient why they haven't received it or to tell them why they won't be receiving it.

it would be nice.

:|

Back
Top Bottom