Shuttlecock XXV: Cool Hats Club

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dusted off Bomb and gave it a listen tonight since it turns 18 tomorrow. It still holds up pretty well. Surprised how good SYCMIOYO, Man and A Woman and Crumbs sounded.

In hindsight, Bomb era was the peak of my fandom, so despite it being in the lower half of their catalogue, it has tons of nostalgia for me, and was probably the last time I was truly excited about new music from the band. The middle SUC of No Line killed that excitement off forever I think.

Last edited:
I’m going to buy a Bono funko pop and take it with me to one of his shows and then during the middle of the show storm the stage and ask Bono to sign it.

:applaud:

I hope you have a loyal friend who will defend you in 50+ posts afterwards, raging against the ma-sheep who think it was not a cool thing to do.

yes-shaun-the-sheep.gif

Dusted off Bomb and gave it a listen tonight since it turns 18 tomorrow. It still holds up pretty well. Surprised how good SYCMIOYO, Man and A Woman and Crumbs sounded.

In hindsight, Bomb era was the peak of my fandom, so despite it being in the lower half of their catalogue, it has tons of nostalgia for me, and was probably the last time I was truly excited about new music from the band. The middle SUC of No Line killed that excitement off forever I think.

Bomb was definitely the height of my fandom - not that I feel like i'm less of a fan now - but it was just a little different.

i'm 24/25 - the band is coming off a big comeback album - vertigo is everywhere thanks to the iPod commercial - i had just started working a side gig with the Unforgettable Fire - this place was a scene with more than 10 actual posters lol...

i went to 10 shows over the course of a literal calendar year... starting with the Brooklyn Bridge show the night before the album came out (18 years ago today) and ending with Patti Smith spitting towards Larry at MSG, or something like that.

what a world what world.

Bomb was definitely the height of my fandom - not that I feel like i'm less of a fan now - but it was just a little different.

i'm 24/25 - the band is coming off a big comeback album - vertigo is everywhere thanks to the iPod commercial - i had just started working a side gig with the Unforgettable Fire - this place was a scene with more than 10 actual posters lol...

i went to 10 shows over the course of a literal calendar year... starting with the Brooklyn Bridge show the night before the album came out (18 years ago today) and ending with Patti Smith spitting towards Larry at MSG, or something like that.

what a world what world.

Agreed. Bomb was definitely an instant love for me, and then I went through a period where I thought it was too much and had issues with the production. Now that I'm older and can reflect on it, I still truly think it was U2's last big hurrah as OMG THE BIGGEST BAND IN THE WORLD, and I wish I had appreciated the album more at the time. Might not be as ambitious as POP, but it is one of those albums that stands on its own in their catalog. That's just my opinion though.

I still play Bomb more than Behind.

And there was a great vinyl rip floating around for those who don't like the CD mastering (never bothered me in particular).

Agreed with this being their last ride at the top (even if 360 broke records). This was also the last tour where they had actual cool, relevant opening acts instead of...*checks notes*...Lenny Kravitz, Black Eyed Peas, and "nobody".

i guess it's finally dawned on him that you can't eat strawberry cakes forever.

Problem is that his personal pastry chef is an enabler, always shouting out, ”here come the buns” so Bono’s all like, “got to get you into my mouth”.

You think he’s sticking to the diet but then he shows up remorseful with crumbs around his mouth, all he can say is, “I’ve just seen a pastry”.

Back
Top Bottom