Shuttlecock XXIV: Making the Kessel Run in less than 12 parsecs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ETA: My sister is 4 years younger than me and used to watch The Glow Worms - fuck I hated the Glow Worms!

My sister is 3 years older than me, I was subjected to Carebears, Rainbow Brite, My Little Ponies, and Strawberry Shortcake.

Now THOSE raped my childhood!

My sister is 3 years older than me, I was subjected to Carebears, Rainbow Brite, My Little Ponies, and Strawberry Shortcake.

Now THOSE raped my childhood!

:lol:

I watched all of those, plus GI Joe, Transformers, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, He-Man, etc. I liked all cartoons - didn't matter if they were catered more towards guys or girls. I just watched them all. :)

I watched
scooby_doo.jpg

but that's neither here nor there :)

I remember watching a lot of Bugs Bunny on Saturday mornings. I think I watched the Smurfs for a while, too, but I don't remember watching a lot of the others.

Maybe I watched so much it killed all my brains, and I just don't remember.

I've been meaning to mention that if there are rumors of the band sound checking new songs for the North American leg, or any other new Chicago related show rumors, I personally would GREATLY appreciate it being put in spoiler tags and a warning as to the fact that Chicago going people may not want to see the spoiler.

Thanks, everyonez.

I think my M&Ms are trying to tell me something. They're all green ones.

hey guys, a question.

how should one pack for chicago in september?

Are you coming to the Chicago shows? :hyper:

From what I can see now for the 10-day forecast, it's supposed to be upper 60s and chance of showers. I'd say you could do jeans or shorts and a tee shirt, but maybe a jacket for night? Depending on if you think 60s and possibly humid is "cool" or "zomg boiling hot." :)

I can't believe there are still two days of work this week. Why isn't my week over NOW?

Oh, and I fly to Chicago one week from today. :rockon:

By the way, popmofo, I haven't heard boo about the band rehearsing or anything. All I've heard is that if you do Google Earth searching for Soldier Field, the crabshack claw is there.

My man friend got me the latest Pete Yorn CD (we'd seen him twice the previous week), season 8 of the X-Files on DVD (the one I just hadn't gotten around to buying yet), and a really nice dinner.

My folks sent me a gift card to Target, and I'm going to go stock up on a bunch of stuff there this weekend. :)

Hey guys. So I don't know if you heard or not but U2 are playing a couple of shows in Chicago in 9 days. I hope I can master my new Blackberry before I get there so I can do a lot of ZOMG! texting to a certain cluster of Interferencers in a nearby section.

Oh, and did I mention I got the new Blackberry Tour? I think I'm in love. :love:

But more importantly, both cori and I got men for our birthdays. My man friend gave me his two favorite books for my birthday - The Little Prince (which, incredibly, I had never read but now I have) and One Hundred Years of Solitude, which I did read a million years ago and had to run home and remove my copy from my bookshelves so he wouldn't feel bad. I did tell him I had read it and even quoted part of the opening sentence which greatly impressed him but I've always wanted to read it again. I think the men we got for our birthdays gave us good presents. :)

Hey guys. So I don't know if you heard or not but U2 are playing a couple of shows in Chicago in 9 days. I hope I can master my new Blackberry before I get there so I can do a lot of ZOMG! texting to a certain cluster of Interferencers in a nearby section.

Oh, and did I mention I got the new Blackberry Tour? I think I'm in love. :love:

But more importantly, both cori and I got men for our birthdays. My man friend gave me his two favorite books for my birthday - The Little Prince (which, incredibly, I had never read but now I have) and One Hundred Years of Solitude, which I did read a million years ago and had to run home and remove my copy from my bookshelves so he wouldn't feel bad. I did tell him I had read it and even quoted part of the opening sentence which greatly impressed him but I've always wanted to read it again. I think the men we got for our birthdays gave us good presents. :)

You gotta love a man who buys you books for your birthday. :heart:

Glad yours seems to be a keeper as well. Can't wait to meet up and squee with girly delight together in person! :wink:

I have a nice picture of the two of us from my birthday dinner, and while it's going to be up on Facebook when he gets around to it, I don't know that he'd appreciate me splashing it all over the internetz. So you'll just have to assume he's cute. ;)

I've had college friends say the same thing to me when they've found me on Facebook. "Why are you not aging?????"

I'm not complaining. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom