Shuttlecock XX - Laz Is All You Have Left

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I have that forum blocked haha - what are they? :)

One of them is full of TV articles from 2001-2002.

Another has an MTV video timeslide of 35 U2 videos with a few TV articles stuck on the end of it.

The third has some Pop-Up videos and POPMart Mexico City and it also has a Legends episode.

The fourth one has the Who Farewell concert (!) at Toronto, and U2 at Red Rocks with other misc. stuff on it.

The fifth is Elevation in Phoenix from 2001. (Was it really that long ago?)

The last one is Vertigo in Chicago. I think this one was on TV or something.

I don't even have a way to watch these, so who knows what the quality is.

I copied this from my post. What I didn't copy is the US addresses only part. I think it would cost a small fortune to mail them to the bottom of the world.

There could have been a Guns N Roses/Pearl Jam/U2 tour in 1991:

There once could have been a joint tour with Pearl Jam, Guns N' Roses and U2 - NME

Twould appear that Kelly never checked in with Eddie on his U2 fandom.

Or maybe it was GNR that turned them off.

I have my doubts about whether Goldstein is misremembering or on the up and up at all about that.

I saw Guns twice on the arena leg of the UYI tour in Dec of 91 and Axl had an anti-U2 rant that he would read each night from his teleprompter. (It was verbatim each night).

Achtung Baby and the Use Your Illusion albums were competing on the charts at the time.

Perhaps he had changed his tune by 93, but I still doubt Goldstein's story,

If GnR wanted to play with U2 and McCockne$$ had agreed, Pearl Jam saying no would not have prevented the whole thing. They could have easily found another band for the 3rd slot.

I have my doubts about whether Goldstein is misremembering or on the up and up at all about that.

I saw Guns twice on the arena leg of the UYI tour in Dec of 91 and Axl had an anti-U2 rant that he would read each night from his teleprompter. (It was verbatim each night).

Achtung Baby and the Use Your Illusion albums were competing on the charts at the time.

Perhaps he had changed his tune by 93, but I still doubt Goldstein's story,

If GnR wanted to play with U2 and McCockne$$ had agreed, Pearl Jam saying no would not have prevented the whole thing. They could have easily found another band for the 3rd slot.
True story

Man I wish I’d seen GNR back in 91’. They were on fire. The bootlegs on YouTube were some of he best Guns stuff I’ve ever seen.

I knew he praised U2 a few times but I didn’t realize he talked shit as well. Would love to see if it can be found anywhere.

One:

Knockin’

Man I wish I’d seen GNR back in 91’. They were on fire. The bootlegs on YouTube were some of he best Guns stuff I’ve ever seen.

I knew he praised U2 a few times but I didn’t realize he talked shit as well. Would love to see if it can be found anywhere.

Aside from Axl's short shorts it was quite the spectacle. Also saw them in '88 open for Aerosmith and in '92 with Metallica and FNM, but alas I have a pair of unripped (back before scanners) tickets for Guns at the Orpheum Theater in 1987 that I didn't use due to dislocating my knee 2 days before the show.

Been trying to find his Anti U2 speech on youtube, no luck as yet. Saw both Worcester shows in Dec 91. Remember it was word for word the same both nights, definitely read from teleprompter. Pretty sure it was comparing the UYI albums to Achtung Baby and spoke of U2 in a derogatory tone. (Something like the GnR albums were a better way to spend your money than on that new U2 album or similar) Apparently as Ax mentioned Axl (who let's face it is borderline schizophrenic) changed his attitude towards U2 in short order.

Aside from Axl's short shorts it was quite the spectacle. Also saw them in '88 open for Aerosmith and in '92 with Metallica and FNM, but alas I have a pair of unripped (back before scanners) tickets for Guns at the Orpheum Theater in 1987 that I didn't use due to dislocating my knee 2 days before the show.

Been trying to find his Anti U2 speech on youtube, no luck as yet. Saw both Worcester shows in Dec 91. Remember it was word for word the same both nights, definitely read from teleprompter. Pretty sure it was comparing the UYI albums to Achtung Baby and spoke of U2 in a derogatory tone. (Something like the GnR albums were a better way to spend your money than on that new U2 album or similar) Apparently as Ax mentioned Axl (who let's face it is borderline schizophrenic) changed his attitude towards U2 in short order.

Its not surprising he would take shots at U2, it seemed like everyone was a target in the 90’s. Even early 2000’s he was still shitting on Nirvana and Grunge at Rock in Rio. He even had a spanish translator relaying the message to the crowd.

Even more hilarious that he would have a rant on the TelePrompTer.

I went to the 2002 MSG show and he went after Conan O’Brien for calling him “Chubby McGoo and the guys who aren’t Slash”, and threw Krispy Kreme donuts to the crowd.

Were they better in 88’ or 91?

Here’s an old clip of Axl practicing his rants

Were they better in 88’ or 91?

88 was just the 5 original guys, straight forward rock set.
By 91 the expanded adding Dizzy Reed on keys, more production in the show.

But also much longer set (they were a one album band in 88 and the opening act), so overall '91 was better. But I didn't get to see them play Coma till 2016.

I saw them in 2002 as well in Boston (no Krispy Kremes unfortunately), was definitely a bit weird, but Buckethead was damn good.

When they are on (and Axl isn''t throwing a hissy fit) they are a great live band.

Ok folks, I've referred to this clip many times in the past, and finally dug deep enough into my attic and found the right VHS tape. I've never seen this posted on YouTube.

Enjoy.

I have to get around to uploading the whole interview at some point.

NmzqD3e.jpg

CRABBYFACE

Watching your bright red shell
In the fishtank
I've seen it so many times
I feel like you must be my next meal
You're looking ripe, so ripe, oh my
Dressed up with some parsley, oh
Crabbyface, crabbyface
Slow down child, let's get you on my plate
Crabbyface, Crabbyface
Crustacean with natural grace