Shuttlecock XV: Seppos and the 42: Cobbler's Epic Fail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, someone posted an image of the setlist an hour before showtime and that ruined the surprise a bit.

Can't wait for NSW's review.

NSW if you read this: please put your response to ASOH in one spoiler and the rest in another, so I don't get any more spoilers, lol.

I watched way too many YouTube videos this morning. That whole "I don't want to see spoilers" thing worked out great!

I hope I get to see some of the 'Cock Force in LA.

We'll find each other. :)

I've successfully avoided all spoilers except one. I've been so stressed out and busy I haven't had time to think about this show much, but this morning I woke up with the U2 butterflies.

I listened to the new song, which I liked quite a bit. I also watched a 2 min video Cori posted on Facebook of the beginning of Streets, which I immediately forwarded to friends I'm seeing the show with. I'm tempted to watch much more, but after how awesome the video screen looked in just that 2 min clip, I don't want to spoil it.

I'm extremely psyched.

Shuttlecock XV: Cobbler Stays On Laz's Couch

Since I'm not seeing any shows this tour, I watched a lot of YouTube vids today. All in all, I'm impressed with the performances. Some better than others, and I'm sure there a few kinks to work out, but for an opening night it was really strong, I thought. The screen looks amazing, too.

cori, please tell me you were surreptitiously videotaping NSW's reaction when ASOH started. Also, ASOH sounded fantastic!

Everything looks and sounds amazing buuuut...

This new song isn't doing much for me so far (maybe I'll come around after a few more listens) and the whole end of the show just seems to come to a screeching halt, I think we need a 40/Bad/AIWIY audience participation-type song to finish it off...

Everything looks and sounds amazing buuuut...

This new song isn't doing much for me so far (maybe I'll come around after a few more listens) and the whole end of the show just seems to come to a screeching halt, I think we need a 40/Bad/AIWIY audience participation-type song to finish it off...

I'm in the same camp at first blush

I'll post a song by song "review" once I'm home later tonight or tomorrow morning, not that anyone's clamoring for that but still.

Sitting in the terminal watching clips from last night, I'm still on a pretty big high from the show. I cannot say it was the best concert I ever saw but the highlights, for me, truly soared and so perhaps it will simply be the most memorable concert I've ever seen, if that makes sense.

Anyway, more later.

I'll post a song by song "review" once I'm home later tonight or tomorrow morning, not that anyone's clamoring for that but still.

Sitting in the terminal watching clips from last night, I'm still on a pretty big high from the show. I cannot say it was the best concert I ever saw but the highlights, for me, truly soared and so perhaps it will simply be the most memorable concert I've ever seen, if that makes sense.

Anyway, more later.

I look forward to your review.

Anyway, more later.
:up: Looking forward to it.

Hi!

Quick two cents, but I want to wait until Seattle show to form more complete opinions.

Quibbles aside, they played ASOH, so who the fuck cares about anything else?

NSW's reaction was as awesome as you might have expected.

It might have been our seats and the size of the venue, but the crowd often felt very flat. Friends and GA thought the opposite, so yay.

A lot of it just felt a bit ... off. Like first show jitters and uncertainty?

Encore is way too much of a bummer to end with. Nice that the new song got a little steam at the end, but after One and Miss Sarajevo, it was too much downtempo stuff to end on.

It might have been our seats, but there were spots where I thought Bono sounded a little rough. Others said he sounded great, so who knows.

Gorgeous visuals, well done on that screen.

Looking forward to catching it from back of GA tomorrow.

Not clicking on that but just wanted to know if NSW spilled a cold beverage or any bodily fluids during the moment of truth.

I wouldn't be surprised if he lost all motor functions tbh.

One more question: someone in The Other Place said
all of JT was played from the main stage and the rest of the show from the b-stage. True?

I can't tell you how much I like The Little Things That Give You Away. And yet I really shouldn't, because there are elements that represent everything I dislike about post-2000 U2.

But that melody is so infectious. The chorus has been playing in my head all day. And the last 2 minutes have great energy. It really is a simple song, but executed really well. I'm not sure what it is exactly, but the song has really grabbed my attention. Looking forward to hearing the studio version.

One more question: someone in The Other Place said
all of JT was played from the main stage and the rest of the show from the b-stage. True?

The first part of the show before Streets was on the B-stage and the screen was not used, sort of like how they started I & E. The encore was on the main stage, but Bono ventured out to the B-stage.

Not clicking on that but just wanted to know if NSW spilled a cold beverage or any bodily fluids during the moment of truth.

I wouldn't be surprised if he lost all motor functions tbh.
He had an awesome reaction. I was the one who ended up with a cold beverage all over my back, thanks to the woman in the suite behind us who dumped her wine all over me.

I can't tell you how much I like The Little Things That Give You Away. And yet I really shouldn't, because there are elements that represent everything I dislike about post-2000 U2.

But that melody is so infectious. The chorus has been playing in my head all day. And the last 2 minutes have great energy. It really is a simple song, but executed really well. I'm not sure what it is exactly, but the song has really grabbed my attention. Looking forward to hearing the studio version.
Well said. I hope the studio version isn't overproduced and that we don't have to wait a long time for it. The ending initially took me by surprise, it's fantastic.

Anyway, more later.

I am clamouring :)

Back
Top Bottom