Shuttlecock! XIX: Servers of the Disappeared

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wowzers. IGWSHA is a song I seriously would have never considered them busting out. Now that they're fucking around with that one, they should start workin on a few other tracks from Pop. I'll give them each 10 bucks if they do.

lol, I'm too lazy to write out the whole damn song... although half the time it takes me just as long to think of the acronym...

And it takes people longer to figure out the acronym, unless they're well-versed in U2roglypics.

Wowzers. IGWSHA is a song I seriously would have never considered them busting out. Now that they're fucking around with that one, they should start workin on a few other tracks from Pop. I'll give them each 10 bucks if they do.

I had no idea "If God..." was so well-liked. But I don't like any of their obvious God songs. Although I am fond of God. But yeah, if there was ever a tour since Pop that they could play Pop songs (that is, if they can play Pop songs) this would be it and I would be rocking my douchebag section with all my rocking ability.

Yeah, that's what I'm sayin'. All you have to do is type the first two words and then BVS-it ...

That's exactly that I do. Sometimes I add one of these :huh: afterward to throw people off.

I'd rather see "Last Night on Earth" if they were to bring back any tracks from Pop, but this is cool, too. Hell, they should keep a rotation going of their more obscure tracks to complement to tired "megahits." They had it close to a science during the Vertigo Tour, if I remember correctly.

no love for IGWSHA??!! :tsk:

It has its moments I guess but I'm just not into the whole imagery of God sending angels to make it all better and God with the phone off the hook, etc. Lyrically I find it really embarrassing but yeah, I'll sing along.

Funny you should mention me, because I was just thinking I'd take rehearsal stuff off the verboten list and just wait until the Barcelona show to really get serious about the spoilers.

So that being said, I'm happy about If God. Not thrilled about the other one, but I figured there'd be another Bomb song other than Vertigo, which, let's face it - we're going to be hearing them play in concert until they keel over.

I'm slightly surprised it's Sometimes (if it makes it into the setlist, that is) because that one felt like such an emotional centerpiece to the Vertigo shows, that it might feel out of whack to lift it out of those shows and put it into the 360 shows.

:wink:

I don't love
Gone
all that much. I'm in the minority on that, I think.
Please
would be awesome, though.

My page margins are all screwy after I posted the last two comments. Am I breaking the thread by deciding to take setlists off my spoiler list?

If there's any POP songs I'd want to hear live again, it would be Please and/or Gone. :drool:

"Please" needs to make a comeback as soon as humanly possible. I'm baffled as to why that didn't end up in the awkward political section of the last tour.

Just until the 30th. I figured half these songs probably won't even make it into the final setlist anyway.

I might have to not go into the tour forum at all after the 30th.

"Please" needs to make a comeback as soon as humanly possible. I'm baffled as to why that didn't end up in the awkward political section of the last tour.

I'm inclined to agree with you. I would have been happy had they dropped Bullet and added Please in that trio of political/war songs.

I don't know that I'm ready to go whole-hog and look for every song they've been rehearsing, so please don't tell me if they are or not at this point, but I am so ready for Bullet to GTFO.

I did kind of dig the transition between Sunday Bloody Sunday and Bullet on the last tour. And I liked a lot of the little additions Bono threw into the song, like the Johnny Comes Marching Home and "wanna go hoooooooooooooome!" stuff.

I'm inclined to agree with you. I would have been happy had they dropped Bullet and added Please in that trio of political/war songs.

Definitely. That was the weakest section for me when I saw them. The Desmond Tutu speech leaves me plenty excited...

I don't know that I'm ready to go whole-hog and look for every song they've been rehearsing, so please don't tell me if they are or not at this point, but I am so ready for Bullet to GTFO.

I did kind of dig the transition between Sunday Bloody Sunday and Bullet on the last tour. And I liked a lot of the little additions Bono threw into the song, like the Johnny Comes Marching Home and "wanna go hoooooooooooooome!" stuff.

That was cool, but not at the expense of the awesome spoken word section of the song. And if you're wondering about the likelihood of rehearsed songs appearing at the first show, have Axver run a spreadsheet for you and determine some trends. It'll be worth it.

Definitely. That was the weakest section for me when I saw them. The Desmond Tutu speech leaves me plenty excited...

As Cori mentioned, I didn't mind the additions that Boner threw into Bullet, but I could have done without that song. Other than that, I kind of liked that section, especially Love and Peace.

As Cori mentioned, I didn't mind the additions that Boner threw into Bullet, but I could have done without that song. Other than that, I kind of liked that section, especially Love and Peace.

Love and Peace was excellent. I was mainly referring to the Pride/Streets/One/Human Rights speech combo.

That's what I thought you meant as well.

I thought Love and Peace kicked butt live. Loved Bono banging away on the drum at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom