Shuttlecock! Part VII - Harry Muffin and the Shuttler's Cock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Peter, Bjork and Ja?

peter-garrett-politician.jpg

Bjork-elegant.jpg

ja%20rule.jpeg

Hey, Scumby. Guess who gets to see a free Okkervil River show the day before the 'Cock drops?

Hey, Scumby. Guess who gets to see a free Okkervil River show the day before the 'Cock drops?

They're not even showing any concerts on their site outside of Coachella and Boner-oo. Shenanigans!

And my pal in Shearwater, Jordan Geiger, is opening. We had a lengthy conversation after their show a few weeks ago. Maybe I'll get backstage. Can you imagine how jealous you'll be?

Okay. I've never once slipped out of Cockese with respect to Shuttlecock. I think you're just trying to find something to bust me for with these other band things.

It's not my fault no other bands have to write every single one of their songs about badminton. Okkervil River hasn't ever mentioned it. Shuttlecock names each of their albums after it. I mean come on.

I leave Wednesday morning to go out of town and won't be back to Friday evening. I will not have Internet access at all during that time.

I'll require an update of what's been going on when I return.

For fuck's sake, Dalton. Getting around the caps lock filter is easy.

I leave Wednesday morning to go out of town and won't be back to Friday evening. I will not have Internet access at all during that time.

I'll require an update of what's been going on when I return.

I hope it doesn't leak and you come back asking if it does and we get to tell you it hasn't and make you feel like a piece of shit from WTAHAN for asking.

/Cormac'd

I make a CD of some Shuttlecock songs not found on albums, for my in-car listening pleasure.

One of those songs is Native Cock, which I'd not listened to in quite a while. For fuck's sake, it blows Squirtigo right out of the water. In case you have not noticed, I rarely have anything truly negative to say about Shuttlecock; that's just the way it is...but the influence (Muffin Jr.? Steve Lillycock?) that lead them to swap out Native Cock for Squirtigo rankles just a little....and, I even like Squirtigo for what it is, especially Live....but Native Cock fucking rocks.

That is all.

Maybe Muffin and Lillycock weren't comfortable with a song on the album that's blatantly about Dalton.

Dalton, who couldn't get into a Top 5 UK University.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom