Shuttlecock! Part VII - Harry Muffin and the Shuttler's Cock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dalton & elfa: What's with this Espanol bullshit? ENGLISH, motherfuckers!

This is a link for AMERICANS!!!

Thanks Bono_212 for the real thing.

Rolling Stone has incurred even more of my wrath than I thought possible. Five stars for the new Springsteen, and now five stars for this...? It's fine to enjoy these albums, but five stars=perfect. That's absurd. Seriously. Ugh.

How many five-star records does the Boss now have, in Rolling Stone...? 14? Why doesn't integrity matter, in popular criticism?

I don't understand why everyone is unable to get Magnificock's balls out of their mouths.

It's good, like really good, but it's not my favorite. Which is kinda of why I really love this album that I could like Magnificock that much, but have another song I like more.

/sappy shit

Rolling Stone has incurred even more of my wrath than I thought possible. Five stars for the new Springsteen, and now five stars for this...? It's fine to enjoy these albums, but five stars=perfect. That's absurd. Seriously. Ugh.

How many five-star records does the Boss now have, in Rolling Stone...? 14? Why doesn't integrity matter, in popular criticism?

Still not liking it, huh?

My predictometer says Pitchfork will be quite favourable and give it an 8+ rating.

Really digging it so far, only have given it two listens, but really dig White As Snow for some reason, would sit nicely on Lyre of Orpheus Nick Cave I think...
yeah i'm really excited for pitchfork to eat it with their recent u2 insults.

also for my pitchfork devouring ex to have to admit that he likes a u2 album (because pitchfork does)

Dalton & elfa: What's with this Espanol bullshit? ENGLISH, motherfuckers!

This is a link for AMERICANS!!!

Thanks Bono_212 for the real thing.

No Problemo.

Bruce getting a five was a sick, sick joke.

It's Rolling Stone, man. I'm fairly certain they haven't been a reliable source for music....ever.

Pet peeves are a lot like actual pets. They're fine to have and enjoy, just don't let them bother me.

I agree with you. You can't hand out tens and fives and A+s all over the place. It doesn't allow for precedent.

I didn't know they were all over Springsteen so much. He's so damn overrated. At least there's nothing here as bad as "Queen of the Supermarket."

this is not directed at you in any way or form :wink: but...

fuck the beach clips! This is so much better than any beach clips, those people complaining that these songs are not as good as the beach clips need to have their heads examined :huh:

I know you weren't directing that at me but I just want to re-iterate that I certainly wasn't implying that.

They did change the song, I think it's insane to say you could prefer such a muddied version of it. Those people should have their heads examined.

also for my pitchfork devouring ex to have to admit that he likes a u2 album (because pitchfork does)

?

They've been relatively positive with pretty much everything regarding U2 for essentially the last 4 or 5 years.

If anything, I think they'll give it a far lower review than you're all expecting. :shrug:

It's just not being a selfish child and stealing. :shrug:

To be honest, I'm already regretting even buying it, as I hate to be lumped in with the type of people who are going to shit all over people for deciding to not steal the album (it WASN'T leaked, it was sold early)

Hey Varitek, your offer still going on?

We have it! We have it!

LEBOWSKI-237.jpg

If anything, I think they'll give it a far lower review than you're all expecting. :shrug:

Agreed. This album is going to get a 6.7.

The thing is these all sound likes U2 songs with Eno sounds hung on them. Some of them work and others don't.

After listening (and enjoying) to this 5 or so times, I think it is fair to say that Radiohead are setting the bar in popular rock music at this point. They have an incredible ability to write amazing songs using new technology not simply have new tech add to what is already there. If that makes sense.

u2fuckingsucksasaband.png

If anyone knows anything about spectral analysis, does that look like a transcode?

It's just not being a selfish child and stealing. :shrug:

To be honest, I'm already regretting even buying it, as I hate to be lumped in with the type of people who are going to shit all over people for deciding to not steal the album (it WASN'T leaked, it was sold early)

And I'm just saying that we all know and have heard your opinion on this matter hundreds of times. It's about as interesting as me coming in here everyday and pointing out that the background is light blue.

You don't like it when people download music, so you don't do it. That's great. I'm happy that you stick to your guns. I simply don't give a shit.

Hey Varitek, your offer still going on?

We have it! We have it!

LEBOWSKI-237.jpg

You didn't think I was rollin out of here naked did you?

You want a toe? I could get you a toe. Believe me, i could get you a toe by 3 o'clock. With nail polish.

Still not liking it, huh?

Sounds a lot better, after some sleep. "Unknown Caller" is almost the worst song the band's ever recorded, though. Which is what I'm talking about. I mean, for a five-star album, there cannot be a mediocre, let alone embarrassingly bad, song. That's kooky talk. "Queen of the Supermarket," or whatever? That's maybe the worst song Springsteen's ever put to tape, at least in terms of the cringe-factor. "UC" comes close. Dangerously so.

Actual, coherent thoughts forthcoming. I've still only listened to the motherfucker four times.

Agreed. This album is going to get a 6.7.

The thing is these all sound likes U2 songs with Eno sounds hung on them. Some of them work and others don't.

After listening (and enjoying) to this 5 or so times, I think it is fair to say that Radiohead are setting the bar in popular rock music at this point. They have an incredible ability to write amazing songs using new technology not simply have new tech add to what is already there. If that makes sense.

First, they gave HTMAAC 6.9. No way are they not rating this higher, just for trying something a little less mainstream. They said Shuttlecock are at their best when they're weird, so they'll get a little credit.

Secondly, while I agree that the sonics of this album aren't likely (I'm assuming) to sound as fresh as what's on In Raincocks, are the songs better? That's the question. Sure Radiocock write a great one now and then, but they're not populists. The 'cock manages to make artsy stuff that's still accessible, and can hit on the deepest emotional level. Not an easy trick to pull off.

First, they gave HTMAAC 6.9. No way are they not rating this higher, just for trying something a little less mainstream. They said Shuttlecock are at their best when they're weird, so they'll get a little credit.

Secondly, while I agree that the sonics of this album aren't likely (I'm assuming) to sound as fresh as what's on In Raincocks, are the songs better? That's the question. Sure Radiocock write a great one now and then, but they're not populists. The 'cock manages to make artsy stuff that's still accessible, and can hit on the deepest emotional level. Not an easy trick to pull off.

I'm not sure that this album has the songs yet.

I don't give a shit what Pitchfork gives this thing. And I like the site. I usually try to check it once a day. But, really, it doesn't matter. It's just some schmuck's opinion. Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom