Shuttlecock! Part VI - No! Net! No Net on the Horizon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always thought that the whole point of Playcock Mansion was to sound timely for the moment, but dated in the future. After all, the song contrasts the ephemeral and material with the eternal.

but OJ and Michael Jackson weren't timely for 1997. that's 1993. neither is The Playboy Mansion. that's 1973.

Shit, you bitches did a lot of talking since I've last been in.

And to be on topic, I still adore every second of Poppycock.

That's great, but don't be a fucking idiot and tell me you think it's better than JT or AB, or I'm gonna round up an ol' fashioned posse to find and kill you. With a knife.

whoever decided to get rid of the "Boom-Cha"s deserves KNIFE CRIME of the highest level :tsk:

Indeed.

I fucking love that song, especially the boom-chas, and especially the live versions. :drool: I believe we established this fact in Shuttlecock Part I, II, III, IV and possibly V since I've been on a Disco Cock kick.

Cockotheque on the album was a drugged out hot bitch.
Take the good with the so-called "bad".
She's hot and she's putting out, works for me.

Oh, and in personal Shuttlecock news:

I started my Shuttlecock listening zone today, and, it will begin with Boy (not sure of the cock name for Boy, Cock Leader).....and, listening to Twilight is now mission impossible for me....was sitting here giggling like a little schoolgirl (hands off, GAF).

I started my Shuttlecock listening zone today, and, it will begin with Boy (not sure of the cock name for Boy, Cock Leader).....and, listening to Twilight is now mission impossible for me....was sitting here giggling like a little schoolgirl (hands off, GAF).

Ball Boy

And the Playboy Mansion is still culturally relevant. The place, not the song.

What's today? The 13th? A little early, isn't it? I figure I'll probbaly start up around the end of the month.

i think Poppycock should be left alone. it's red and sore from too much self-love/abuse.

i think it's interesting in the big picture, and i like what it's trying to do, i just don't think it does that very well. it's inspired and hungry, but has rather woeful execution. the songs are vastly better live, but i don't understand how people can say that Last Cock On Earth or DiscoCock are even in the Top 25 of best U2 "rock" songs, or how The Cockboy Mansion isn't a mess with really, really dated lyrics. even for 1997.

I like Last Cock on Earth and DiscoCock better than any of the "rockers" on the last two albums. I know there's not many; Love & Cock Or Else, Squirtigo, Crumbs From Your Cock, New Cock, All Because of Cock, Elecocktion, but with the exception of the first one they're all rather generic.

What's today? The 13th? A little early, isn't it? I figure I'll probbaly start up around the end of the month.

How do I put this?

It is early, yes, but it was not a strategic decision....it was a "I'm starting to get totally fucking obsessed with the Cock and so this is how I alleviate some of that jimbo-jambo".

I've got a soft spot for Poppycock. It isn't shiny, it's not polished, it shows its faults pretty openly in places, but that's part of it's allure for me. It's raw. I totally agree with Laz on Please, too. The single mix is more epic, but it's much more intense and raw on the album.

Cock Leader sounded more grandiose, like chancellor or fuhrer or something.

I'm working on my Final Solution for WTAHAN.

How do I put this?

It is early, yes, but it was not a strategic decision....it was a "I'm starting to get totally fucking obsessed with the Cock and so this is how I alleviate some of that jimbo-jambo".

Understood. I suppose my thoughts are that the longer I wait, the more awesome it will be. I'm including B-sides and shit up in this bitch. I'm going all out, in order. Then, I'll be fully prepared for No Net on the Horizon goodness.

Also, I request that on the day of release there be pardons for those who forget to reference Shuttlecock terms. There will be some forgetfulness in the excitement.

I've got a soft spot for Poppycock. It isn't shiny, it's not polished, it shows its faults pretty openly in places, but that's part of it's allure for me. It's raw. I totally agree with Laz on Please, too. The single mix is more epic, but it's much more intense and raw on the album.

Please Live is the shit, though. Please into Streets was smackitty wackitty good.

I like Last Cock on Earth and DiscoCock better than any of the "rockers" on the last two albums. I know there's not many; Love & Cock Or Else, Squirtigo, Crumbs From Your Cock, New Cock, All Because of Cock, Elecocktion, but with the exception of the first one they're all rather generic.

i find Last Cock on Earth to be their most generic rock song, actually.

DiscoCock is interesting, but a mess.

i actually find the live version of All Because of Cock to be really good (and i hate the album version). i hate Crumbs from Your Cock. i kind of hate Elecocktion.

despite the cock kids and the iCock ads, Beautiful Cock and Squirtigo own anything on Poppycock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom