Shuttlecock! Part IV - I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Cock Crazy Tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I like the spectacle of a stadium show, especially when it comes to Shuttlecock. You know, we have the luxury now of being able to get a very good-to-great quality bootleg of almost every show on the tour, so I don't need it to sound pristine in person. I can hear what I missed later. What you lose on the day is made up for by the sheer power of that size of a crowd.

I think people who attended both stadium and arena shows on the same tour will attest to that. Also, if the band is going back to a high-concept stage show, than it will only be improved by the larger setting.

The only stadium show I've ever seen was the Outside Broadcast. I have absolutely no memory of it whatsoever except the train ride to Yankee Stadium, and I even had decent seats. By contrast, I remember all the ZooTV shows I saw quite well. So I'm not at all sold on stadiums.

I saw Springsteen both in a stadium and in an arena, and the sound was comparable.

I just like to see the band as more than ants. The further away you are from a band, the less people pay attention so you also have to deal with more talking and shit from the not-real fans.

I get what laz says about the spectacle, though. So since I am a devoted 'Cock sucker and all I would still go but I would be really pissy if it's the only show I got to see. :grumpy:

I have absolutely no memory of it whatsoever except the train ride to Yankee Stadium

Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

Rick%20James.jpg

The only stadium show I've ever seen was the Outside Broadcast. I have absolutely no memory of it whatsoever except the train ride to Yankee Stadium, and I even had decent seats. By contrast, I remember all the ZooTV shows I saw quite well. So I'm not at all sold on stadiums.

I wonder if we were on the same train.

Have they ever played Dodger Stadium, or have all the Los Angeles outdoor shows been at the Coliseum?

Because it would be nice to be able to get the show by a 10-minute walk.

Have they ever played Dodger Stadium, or have all the Los Angeles outdoor shows been at the Coliseum?

All the time I lived in LA, they only played indoor sites. I've seen them in 3stadiums: Yankee, Giants and up in Foxboro....along with lord knows how many indoor sites.

the first time I saw them was in '92 at a stadium. I barely remember anything from the show itself - we should have had a clear view right over the field to the stage, but we were blocked by a big stand selling tee shirts.

Next time was in '97 at the same stadium, and I was on the field, with great reserved seats. It was much better there, but I definitely missed out on the giant visuals.

I'd prefer arenas because they feel more intimate, and I would definitely try for GA in an arena. In a stadium? you could not PAY me to go for GA. Just too many people. I'll go wherever they play, it's not like I'll just sit home and pout because they're playing at Qwest Field or whatever, but I really liked the experience in the smaller arenas last time.

All the time I lived in LA, they only played indoor sites. I've seen them in 3stadiums: Yankee, Giants and up in Foxboro....along with lord knows how many indoor sites.

Were you at Foxboro for Cockmart?

I saw the last show of that leg, where it rained and they did Rain as a second encore.

Did we already establish this before?

I saw two at Yankee Stadium. I think. I remember being excited to see my favorite band inside my favorite sports venue

I remember the excitement of being with my U2 pals and getting on the train, I remember getting from the train to the stadium, and I remember the hordes of people on the platform after the show. I remember I sat stage left. That's pretty much it.

But those were the days, hopping on the train to see U2 after work and sleeping in my own bed that night. Driving 8 hours is also fun, though.

I remember how U2 didn't play a show in Utah between 1983 and 1997.....and I was in Japan by the time they played a show in '97. :angry:

I remember how U2 didn't play a show in Utah between 1983 and 1997.....and I was in Japan by the time they played a show in '97. :angry:

I remember how U2 were in NYC during Joshua Tree while I was backpacking around Europe. :angry:

I remember the excitement of being with my U2 pals and getting on the train, I remember getting from the train to the stadium, and I remember the hordes of people on the platform after the show. I remember I sat stage left. That's pretty much it.

But those were the days, hopping on the train to see U2 after work and sleeping in my own bed that night. Driving 8 hours is also fun, though.

There was something very awesome about taking the 4 bus to the 4 train to see U2.

Yes, they played Dodger Stadium on the ZooTV show. Two nights, October of 1992. One was on Halloween, Larry's birthday. Wow, that makes two times I've seen them when it was either on Larry's birthday or the day was celebrated at the show. We were on the field, but in the back of all the seats just standing around. Bjork was hanging out after her set (Sugarcubes), which I remember nothing of.

And I agree with joyfulgirl - if a stadium show is all we get, I won't be all that happy, since chances are I'll be so far away I'll be watching on the big screen. But I did catch them in Vegas on Popmart, and of course in Hawaii. :drool: The rest of the shows have been arenas, which I prefer. More intimate, and less ant-like :wink:

I'm insanely jealous of you bastards that got to see that Hawaii show.

Pearl Jam opening for U2 on the last night of a World Tour? If anything deserves a :drool: it's that.

Pearl Jam opening for U2 on the last night of a World Tour? If anything deserves a :drool: it's that.

It was fairly fucking incredible. Toss in the fact that it was 2 days before my birthday and one day after Pearl Harbor day, and it was quite the trip for me.

I'm entirely late to the conversation in here, but I think we should warn Dr. Who and then just nuke WTAHAN. What a wasteland. The skin-melting radiation left over would be far more preferable to the pain induced by reading some most of the posts in there.

[/grumpy]

Too bad the setlist was as generic as usual, unless you consider Cockin' in the Free World anything more than obvious, and Window in the Cock as worthy of any show (I sure as hell don't).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom