Seeking advice from Christians and non-Christians

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Somebody

Babyface
I’ve debated for some time now on how or even whether to post this, but I don’t see that I have any other outlet, and I’d very much appreciate any input anyone may have on this. It concerns Christianity, something I’ve always felt distanced from. Without revealing specifics, I’ll try to put as much information as I can. The reason I need to stay personal about things is because the person who has brought me to this crossroads in my life is an intensely private person – think somebody like Larry Mullen Jr. This makes it difficult for me to have a springboard, but I deeply respect him and I don’t want to betray his confidence in me. So I’m posting under an alias. It’s odd that I could do something so incredibly personal in front of thousands of people, but that’s the modern age for you.

This person (I’ll call him Peter) has had a really big influence in my life over the past few months, and recently revealed to me that he is a Christian. Now, when I say really big influence, I mean, he’s been helping me through something that I didn’t think I’d ever get through. I’m still working through my ordeal (trust me when I say it’s something absolutely huge and seemingly insurmountable), but the amazing thing is, I’ve been able to see a light at the end of the tunnel for the first time in my life. And I completely credit him with helping me find that light. When he told me that he’s a Christian and has been praying for me, I was honestly bewildered. My first thought was, “Oh Peter, God never really paid much attention to me. Please – if you’re going to pray, pray for the people of Darfur, not for me. It won’t work for me, because I’m a hopeless case, but maybe it will for Darfur.” But then, I realized, his prayers were working for me, because I’m getting better. And I was humbled. And now the more we work together on my personal situation, the more I feel his love. I’m not talking about a physical attraction either. It’s his love of God. And the closer I am to being in that light that I see at the end of the tunnel.

I say I’ve always felt distanced from Christianity because I was not brought up in a religious household, so I have no foundation to start from. And as I got older it just wasn’t a priority in my life, and then I started to go through a lot of confusion and then ended up with a lot of hostility towards faith, mostly as a result of this ordeal I’ve been working on recently.

I suppose it would be okay to give a detail about myself, since I am posting under an alias anyway. I went through some pretty horrific child abuse and am now trying to cope with it as an adult. This is what Peter’s been helping me through. He’s not a psychologist or anything like that either, so it's not like he's violating any professional ethics by telling me something so personal about himself.

Anyway, my hostility stems from a deep anger with God – where was he when I was going through this? Why wasn’t I worthy enough to have been rescued? Why did I have to waste over 25 years of my life in a terrible depression and have suicidal urges? I feel like those years were stolen from me, and that my life is now beginning, and I have to be a child, a teenager, and a productive member of society all at the same time.

But suddenly, I’ve realized the specifics don’t even matter anymore. I asked Peter for some more information on his faith and he gave me one of those little Bible quick lesson things, which I kind of laughed at when I saw it, because things like that are things I used to go trolling through looking for flawed logic and Pollyanna-esque reasoning. But, as I said, I deeply respect Peter, so I sat down and read it. And I ended up doing what I usually do – looking for flawed logic. Then the air got really dry (probably because I was sitting close to an electric heater) and I closed my eyes for a few seconds. And I realized there’s just no denying the feeling that I have, the feeling he’s given me through his love of God. And I’m simply amazed that his love can be stronger than what I’ve endured. And when I let this feeling in, I just plain feel better - better than I've ever felt before - better than I could ever imagine. It’s like my spiritual senses have been awakened from a very long and deep sleep – and I don’t let all of the “Why me’s?” creep into my head. I then started looking through the literature he gave me and for the first time, I wanted to find things that were right with it rather than tear it apart and declare it as just a fairy tale or just plain nonsense. And I have to admit, I’m finding things that are right about it, that apply to me.

I truly feel as if I’m ready to make a leap of faith and I’m seeking guidance from anyone who is willing to offer it, Christian or not. Thank you very much for taking the time to read this.

Beautiful post. Sometimes it takes the "Peters" in life to understand things. I'm not going to give you any scriptures to read or any deep quotes, for I have none. But you have a great friend there in "Peter". God comes in many different forms... Don't worry yourself with labels, just embrace the love.

That's what a belief in a god should do for you. It should give you comfort and peace and hope, and I'm very happy it's doing that for you. I don't have any advice other than to say trust your instincts as you seem to be doing well. :up:

I'll echo what BonoVox said--beautiful post. And I don't have any profound thoughts nor passages I'm sure would be some slam-dunk for you personally, either--all I can say is, just let in this love your friend has pointed the way to for you, and let it guide you on to what comes next. Maybe that'll mean studying things further with him or praying with him, maybe it'll mean doing both of those on your own, maybe it'd be a good idea to visit a few pastors or religious counselors in your area to see if you can find another person who "clicks" with you in a way that helps you to take that next step. Or maybe all three! Either way...go ahead and take the leap. I think once you're at where you already are, you'll find it's no longer really a leap anyway...just an opening up to what you wrongly believed you didn't deserve to possess or share all along.

:hug:

well God is love, and a good cristian is a channel thru wich God helps us.
He gave us the greatest gift of all, freedom, we are the only one on the face of earth that could be free and be conscious of it.
In this, we are "imagine of God", not even angels have free will, but we do.
the devil was punished for his rebellion, but we are given a free will to decide, and
we have a responsability.
We can do good things and we can do bad things, and if someone gives himself freely in the service of God, well love will spread all over him.That's the very way we can conciliate the will of God and the free will. And you've been experimenting bad things in your past, but the matter it's not "where werw God", but "where were thw man"..the one who made you suffer used very very badly his free will, he used the most precious gift he had to become a beast, what could make him aspire higher was used to fall down...
but don't forget that Jesus himself didn't refused the Cross, the most horrible suffering imaginable..he choose freely to undercome to the free will of men and his glories and his horrors, he gave us no answer for the mistery of the evil, but he decided to go along with us in the road of suffering..not a cold, rational answer, but a warm hand that's everyday open toward us...and thosa are the friends, a channel that He uses to spread Love in the world..cristianity according to St.Paul is a body, and friends are the hands! :wink:
that said, why you feel strnage when you think to religion, why you feel angry when you think to the followers of someone who 2000 yrs ago said "pray for your enemies, cause you won't have any credit for praying for those loves you"? well, you've been experimenting too much darkness in your past, I think, and "His light shines in the darkness, but darkness didn't accepted him because they were afraid"..every morning we experiment that..well there's a pain in opening the eyes to the light of the day..well, that's the same here, in opening the eyes to the truth, to the law of Love..
so who knows? maybe there's a new day for yopu, full of light thru your friend, filled with joy and energy, powerness and happiness...
So, don't mind if your friend is christian or whatever, just hang on him, cause God is love, and if he feel love for you, well he's with God.
And in God "there's no longer greek or judaic, no longer slave or free, there's no longer male or female, because you all are One in Jesus Christ".
so, 'beatlesly' spaking,
Let love flow thru you.
And ok, church is not the best, but you know, if the body of christianity is divided, and without and hand or a leg..well church alone can't do everything..it needs the contibute of all of us, of every christian..
otherwise, it will be just an historical istitution, ok the most granitical in durance,but still storical..

take comfort where ever it's offered, especially given the battle you are going through. your previous fighting against these things must have left you exhausteded. now that you are working through your past, dont welcome more fighting against things. let this support you and give you strength, warmth, comfort. thank it. thank peter.

good luck, somebody.

Thank you all for your kind words. They've brought tears to my eyes and are helping me make sense of things. And yes, Angela Harlem, I have thanked Peter and I continue to thank him for his efforts and patience with me.

I look forward to reading more comments, should anyone want to post.

What a beautiful post. I can relate to it in a way because I'm a convert to Catholicism from being an agnostic and I know the healling power of faith. Just keep on going the way you're going, it's the right way for you and only you know how much it means.

Somebody, your post was both beautiful and inspiring to me.

I'm challenged to grow deeper in my relationship with God, so that more of His love can fill me and hopefully I can have the same sort of impact on those around me that Peter did for you. Sadly so many of us fail to live up to what our faith is supposedly all about, but it's clear that Peter has.

My prayer too, is that you'll continue, to heal and gain strength and comfort and peace, and more and more come to know the Source of Peter's love for yourself. After all even the best person can let you down occasionally, but He never will. At least that's been my experience and it's gotten me, as one of my favorite writers said, "through every bit of joy and every bit of pain."

God bless, as you continue your journey.

Somebody said:
I’m simply amazed that his love can be stronger than what I’ve endured.

This is my favorite line in your post. :love:

Thanks for sharing something so personal. Your experience is really beautiful and inspiring. Peter is really awesome, I'm so glad he is in your life. It is really moving to read how you have seen God's love through him.

I would like to encourage you to also seek God's love within. The same love can be found right inside of you! Whether it is through vocal prayer, meditation, or contemplative prayer, there are different ways of going inside, and focusing on the vertical relationship between You and God. Embracing God inside of me has probably been my most transcending experience. It has brought me peace, higher knowing, more of a sense of myself, and an inner calm, despite my usual off-the-wall behavior. :)

I'll be praying for you as you continue your spiritual journey. I loved reading what you wrote before, and if you don't mind, I ask that you please continue to give us updates, reflections, whatever come to mind. This has been just as inspiring for me as it has been for you.

Hello Somebody,

I was touched by your post. I am glad you found a way to get better. We find strenght and hope in anything we believe in, whether it's God or not. I wish you all the best for 2007

Thanks again for your kind words and thoughts. I'm really happy to know that my post has challenged maycocksean to try to be a better person. I'll share that with Peter; I'm sure he'd be happy to know that. I was thinking of printing this thread out and giving it to him, and giving him updates as time goes by.

redhotswami, I'll do my best to keep you updated.

Again, thank you all and I look forward to reading more posts.

Go with your feelings, because only how you truly feel with light up your path. Peter may have been a catalyst for you to realise what is important to YOU.

I understand your anger at god, i don't believ ein any of that, but i guess a part of why i don't believe is that if there is this being above who is supposed to fill the earth with love, why do so many people go through horrible horrible experiences. But that is something that religious people have to come to terms with on their own faith, it really doesn't concern me.

I'm not anti religion when it is a personal thing within someone and they don't use it in a way that i believe religion should not be used. By Peter supporting you through his utter belief in god and you getting better by his strength, then its nothing but a good thing right? :up:

I was touched also by your post ( Somebody)
You have been blessed with God's answer to your unsaid prayers because he has given you Peter who is definitely your angel guide showing you the way to the peace that comes from the Holy Spirit.
Keep praying, even if you have nothing to say, just meditating on that light will give you peace.
It really is an amazing feeling isn't it, to know that God is there for you. He's the real deal. :)
I will keep praying for you also, and know you are definitely not alone!
:)

Thanks again everyone for your kind words.

I feel kind of silly doing this, but I won't be able to talk to Peter until next week and I think I need some help right away. It's really quite stupid, but I read into things way too much. I ordered a Bible on Dec 31st from Amazon and I still haven't seen it yet. I sent an email to the seller asking about it and I haven't heard from them. Amazon says it'll be delivered anywhere between Jan 9th and Jan 23rd, which is quite a large window, I think. Plus I checked the seller's rating, and it's 99% positive, with all kinds of kudos for a fast turnaround time. Anyway, I've been reading the little booklet that Peter gave me and I've actually been highlighting things that speak to me, and I've been waiting to reference those things in the Bible, but it's not here yet and I'm going nuts. Even worse, somebody else I know ordered all kinds of things from Amazon last week and I'm seeing those shipments come in already. So basically, I'm just waiting for this Bible to show up, and the amazing feeling Peter awakened in me awhile ago is starting to fade.

I'm just wondering, maybe God just doesn't care or have the time for everyone in the world. I mean, there's 6 billion people here now, how can he care about all of them? And believe me, I'm much more comfortable with this notion than with thinking I'm worthy of his love.

The other thing that nags at me is, I know that if the person who did all these horrible things to me saw Peter, Peter would show that person the same compassion and love that he's shown to me. Which I know is the right thing to do, but it just kind of tears me up. And terrifies me. I mean, what if both of us gave ourselves to Jesus Christ and ended up spending eternity together? That's absolutely the last thing I need!

I'm so confused.

I am a complete atheist and see religion as a comfort blanket or enforced way of life. Having said that I wouldnt knock anybody for following a religion as, as may be the case with somebody, it may be a catalyst for recovery and strength. You seem to have found belief, belief in yourself and your own strength. Sometimes that needs awakening by any means so if its through religion then good luckto you.

without sounding like a twat i gain strength and belief from u2 - a massive constant in my life and a continual inspiration to me. perhaps thats my religion??

i hope you find the belief and strength to overcome. i also hope that whatever eternity you spend (and I dont believe we live after death either) you spend in a world of loveliness and your torturer rots slowly in the pits of hell (unfortunately I dont beleive in hell either of course!).

all the best to you.

CKONE said:
I am a complete atheist and see religion as a comfort blanket or enforced way of life. Having said that I wouldnt knock anybody for following a religion as, as may be the case with somebody, it may be a catalyst for recovery and strength. You seem to have found belief, belief in yourself and your own strength. Sometimes that needs awakening by any means so if its through religion then good luckto you.

without sounding like a twat i gain strength and belief from u2 - a massive constant in my life and a continual inspiration to me. perhaps thats my religion??

i hope you find the belief and strength to overcome. i also hope that whatever eternity you spend (and I dont believe we live after death either) you spend in a world of loveliness and your torturer rots slowly in the pits of hell (unfortunately I dont beleive in hell either of course!).

all the best to you.

Hey CKONE,
Since you find strength and belief from U2 you could indirectly say you believe in God because that is where they are coming from. :wink: Bono especially. Have you read U2byU2?
I respect your views by the way, not bashing here!

As i posted my thread the irony of bono being so religious was on my mind lol.

I have not read U2 by U2 yet. Its on a lengthy to do list unfortunately.

CKONE said:
As i posted my thread the irony of bono being so religious was on my mind lol.

I have not read U2 by U2 yet. Its on a lengthy to do list unfortunately.

Oh, you should read it! It's really interesting about what is going on behind the songs. I think you will get a lot from it knowing what and how these songs over the years have come to life. Speaking as a believer, when I listen to U2, it makes the lyrics that much more powerful for me! It's really cool! But what is even better is the fact that the music itself and who they are as people attracts everyone, from all walks of life. I love that about them.
Like Bono says, the spiritual side is there for people if they want it and it shouldn't be for those that don't.
:up:

starsforu2 said:
There are Bibles online to hold you over. Full Interpretations, absolutely free. I like the ESV because it's easier to read (for me) than the NIV or King James version. Here's a link to the ESV

I recommend the Gospel of John if you want to jump into something right away and you are wondering what to read.

Good luck and God Bless you! :)
Thanks so much for this link and your recommendation. As luck would have it, my Bible arrived today. Actually I got two of them - the one I ordered and one that Peter just happened to have with him today and left with me. Too funny!!! (I told him I was still waiting for my package, so it wasn't entirely serendipitous.)

CKONE said:

I appreciate your honesty, CKONE. I think you hit it right on the head too - this is a complete catalyst for my recovery and strength. Thank you for putting that into words for me.

And if you're a twat, then I'm a twat too. U2 has been my religion - and their concerts, my church - for over a decade now. I guess right now I need some kind of church, and seeing as U2's tour just ended, I'm going to need to find something else on my own.

Jeannieco, you're absolutely right - listening to U2's music now is completely different to me. I didn't realize all along that I was singing prayers to God! Peter asked me if I've been trying to pray, and I realized, my prayer is in song. I'm really enjoying hearing everything again for the first time! (And I've been listening to "40" as I type this. :) )

Right now, I'm kind of in an ebb and flow. Things are great, then they get crazy again. I guess I'm afraid to just one day wake up and say "Okay, I'm a Christian!" because that would just seem completely disingenuous. Besides, someone in my family did that, and that's exactly how it appeared. That person completely denies anything that happened in the past and it sickens me.

I had a bit of a vision today, to help me cope with all the "Why me's?" and the "If God loved everyone so much, why do so many bad things happen to good people?". Christianity loves using the imagery of sheep, so I imagined some sheep go astray. But I wasn't one of those sheep, as I thought I'd been, because I was never part of the flock to begin with. I realized I was an offspring of sheep that had already gone astray, so I never got the chance to have a foundation. Peter has become my shepherd in a manner of speaking, and his patience with me knows no bounds. I am a very stubborn sheep! Well, frightened, is more the word for it. But he's leading me back to the flock, slowly but surely. I told him a few days ago that I feel like a prisoner who's been locked up for the past 20-30 years and is suddenly let free. It's quite a terrifying experience to suddenly realize that I'm free. But I do feel like I've been "burned by the fire of love". I think that's the feeling I described in my first post - that I feel better than I've ever felt before - better than I could ever imagine. I can't wait until I can have that feeling all the time, without Peter guiding me toward it. And the wonderful thing is, I know that day will come. But right now, I can't wait any longer, I can't wait 'til I'm stronger. :wink:

Your experience is amazing Somebody! As a Christian, I just want to say how full of joy I am that God is bringing someone into your life that is leading you to Him. I am so sorry that you've gone through so much shit in your life!:sad: I was raised in a Christian home (I'm 18), but I've gone through many horrible experiences myself. With the foundation of faith I've had, I've been able to grow and make a decision for Jesus myself, and I've determined that He is always there no matter what, and that He alone has saved me. As many posters have stated, God gives us Free Will. Sadly, too many people abuse it. However, imagine what the world would be like if we were all like puppets on a string that mindlessly followed Him. That wouldn't be good either! The Bible says that "God Is Love". He wants us to love Him in return out of our own decision, not because we're forced to! I hope God continues to speak to you, and will lead you into a relationship with Jesus on His time if He hasn't already. Please, surround yourself with Godly people who are not pious and self-righteous; people who know that Salvation comes from the Grace of God alone, and not through anything we can do on our own. John, Psalms, etc. are a great place to start studying your Bible! By the way, I want to let you know how much U2's music has helped me grow in my faith throug the way they live their lives and through their music. I recall Bono saying in an interview after the National Prayer Breakfast in Washington D.C. last Feb. that all U2 songs "proclaim Christ" however, as Edge has stated it's not blatant for those who choose not to see the message which I love!. If I may be so bold, may I suggest you order a book called "The Ragamuffin Gospel" by Brennan Manning from Amazon when you get a chance. It's changed my life like no other book besides The Bible. If you have any more questions, or would just like to talk some more, please e-mail me at jesusgirl06@yahoo.com

Somebody said:

Thanks so much for this link and your recommendation. As luck would have it, my Bible arrived today. Actually I got two of them - the one I ordered and one that Peter just happened to have with him today and left with me. Too funny!!! (I told him I was still waiting for my package, so it wasn't entirely serendipitous.)

I appreciate your honesty, CKONE. I think you hit it right on the head too - this is a complete catalyst for my recovery and strength. Thank you for putting that into words for me.

And if you're a twat, then I'm a twat too. U2 has been my religion - and their concerts, my church - for over a decade now. I guess right now I need some kind of church, and seeing as U2's tour just ended, I'm going to need to find something else on my own.

Jeannieco, you're absolutely right - listening to U2's music now is completely different to me. I didn't realize all along that I was singing prayers to God! Peter asked me if I've been trying to pray, and I realized, my prayer is in song. I'm really enjoying hearing everything again for the first time! (And I've been listening to "40" as I type this. :) )

Right now, I'm kind of in an ebb and flow. Things are great, then they get crazy again. I guess I'm afraid to just one day wake up and say "Okay, I'm a Christian!" because that would just seem completely disingenuous. Besides, someone in my family did that, and that's exactly how it appeared. That person completely denies anything that happened in the past and it sickens me.

I had a bit of a vision today, to help me cope with all the "Why me's?" and the "If God loved everyone so much, why do so many bad things happen to good people?". Christianity loves using the imagery of sheep, so I imagined some sheep go astray. But I wasn't one of those sheep, as I thought I'd been, because I was never part of the flock to begin with. I realized I was an offspring of sheep that had already gone astray, so I never got the chance to have a foundation. Peter has become my shepherd in a manner of speaking, and his patience with me knows no bounds. I am a very stubborn sheep! Well, frightened, is more the word for it. But he's leading me back to the flock, slowly but surely. I told him a few days ago that I feel like a prisoner who's been locked up for the past 20-30 years and is suddenly let free. It's quite a terrifying experience to suddenly realize that I'm free. But I do feel like I've been "burned by the fire of love". I think that's the feeling I described in my first post - that I feel better than I've ever felt before - better than I could ever imagine. I can't wait until I can have that feeling all the time, without Peter guiding me toward it. And the wonderful thing is, I know that day will come. But right now, I can't wait any longer, I can't wait 'til I'm stronger. :wink:

Wow, what a great post! I am so glad you are feeling better, little by little. It's not easy, even when you do find that peace...and it's not a piece of cake and my experience has been that you have to seek that feeling out, it doesn't just happen, like bam! And It comes and goes...you have to work at it.

So glad you listen to Bono's words in song and hear them as he wrote them...or at least understand somewhat where he is coming from. I sing to myself a lot, and find those songs becoming prayers too! I guess that is the strong connection I have to U2... it's just an awesome feeling knowing that it's about something so much bigger than just the music. I asked CkONE if they read U2byU2, have you read it? It's just facinating.

Also, in another book I once read about the group, there was a passage the author had included regarding a conversation he had with Bono's father and Bono's father showed him a letter Bono had written when they had first started out...it is forever in my head...he wrote...
"I hope our lives will be a testament to the people who follow us and to the music business where never before have so many lost and sorrowful people gathered in one place pretending they are having a good time. It is our ambition to make more than just good music..."
Cool huh? I totally believe that Bono has been sent by God to help us lost and sorrowful ones! He has been a huge inspiration to me, he is my Peter, except I was a born believer if there is such a thing that sounds weird, but I have gone through many dry spells spiritually, and now it's like this intensity has been magnified via U2's music, especially after knowing the stories behind the songs.... there is no denying they are messages from God, at least for me. Sorry for the ramble!

Jeannieco said:

Wow, what a great post! I am so glad you are feeling better, little by little. It's not easy, even when you do find that peace...and it's not a piece of cake and my experience has been that you have to seek that feeling out, it doesn't just happen, like bam! And It comes and goes...you have to work at it.

So glad you listen to Bono's words in song and hear them as he wrote them...or at least understand somewhat where he is coming from. I sing to myself a lot, and find those songs becoming prayers too! I guess that is the strong connection I have to U2... it's just an awesome feeling knowing that it's about something so much bigger than just the music. I asked CkONE if they read U2byU2, have you read it? It's just facinating.

Also, in another book I once read about the group, there was a passage the author had included regarding a conversation he had with Bono's father and Bono's father showed him a letter Bono had written when they had first started out...it is forever in my head...he wrote...
"I hope our lives will be a testament to the people who follow us and to the music business where never before have so many lost and sorrowful people gathered in one place pretending they are having a good time. It is our ambition to make more than just good music..."
Cool huh? I totally believe that Bono has been sent by God to help us lost and sorrowful ones! He has been a huge inspiration to me, he is my Peter, except I was a born believer if there is such a thing that sounds weird, but I have gone through many dry spells spiritually, and now it's like this intensity has been magnified via U2's music, especially after knowing the stories behind the songs.... there is no denying they are messages from God, at least for me. Sorry for the ramble!

:applaud: :rockon: I literally could not agree more! There is not a doubt in my mind that God has called, brought, and sustained Bono, Edge, Adam, and Larry to the place they are now as witnesses for Him that break our pious Christian mold of what a Believer is.

Jeannieco, I started U2 by U2, but I don't think I made it to page 50. That pesky thing called life keeps getting in the way. I do plan on doing it sometime this year!

And thank you for that perspective - that it really is an on again, off again feeling. I think somewhere in my heart I know that already, I guess what I meant to say was I can't wait until that feeling is my normal feeling instead of a quick glimmer of light. And don't worry about rambling. I'm happy to read! And happy to know I'm not alone.

Thanks U2isthebest for your kind words, and I will put "The Ragamuffin Gospel" on my list of books to read. I'm going to have a very busy year with all the reading I've got to do!

Somebody said:
Jeannieco, I started U2 by U2, but I don't think I made it to page 50. That pesky thing called life keeps getting in the way. I do plan on doing it sometime this year!

And thank you for that perspective - that it really is an on again, off again feeling. I think somewhere in my heart I know that already, I guess what I meant to say was I can't wait until that feeling is my normal feeling instead of a quick glimmer of light. And don't worry about rambling. I'm happy to read! And happy to know I'm not alone.

Thanks U2isthebest for your kind words, and I will put "The Ragamuffin Gospel" on my list of books to read. I'm going to have a very busy year with all the reading I've got to do!

I'm glad I was able to help!:hug: As I said, feel free to e-mail anytime! I'm Brittany, btw! God Bless!

Wow! I've just read a few passages that I've been waiting to read and I'm amazed. I stumbled on Lamentations and it really spoke to me, as did the book of Matthew. I've really got to get to bed now but I can't wait to read more!

I'm wondering - mainly because I'm being lazy right now - are there any online Bible study groups? I'm kind of interested in doing something like this, but not sure if I'm ready for face-to-face just yet.

My horoscope for today, I kid you not:
Today you get a feeling of hope. Real signs of progress are arriving at a fast pace.

Wow.

Somebody said:
Wow! I've just read a few passages that I've been waiting to read and I'm amazed. I stumbled on Lamentations and it really spoke to me, as did the book of Matthew. I've really got to get to bed now but I can't wait to read more!

I'm wondering - mainly because I'm being lazy right now - are there any online Bible study groups? I'm kind of interested in doing something like this, but not sure if I'm ready for face-to-face just yet.

My horoscope for today, I kid you not:
Today you get a feeling of hope. Real signs of progress are arriving at a fast pace.

Wow.

That's not something I've ever looked into, but I could help you search around! I need to head off to church now, but if you need help let me know!

U2isthebest said:

:applaud: :rockon: I literally could not agree more! There is not a doubt in my mind that God has called, brought, and sustained Bono, Edge, Adam, and Larry to the place they are now as witnesses for Him that break our pious Christian mold of what a Believer is.

:) I want to compliment you on your ability to express yourself! It doesn't come that easliy to me! You are an awesome witness and I cannot believe you are only 18 yrs old. More power to you Brittany!
You are great, and encourage me too! :rockon:
Jeannie :)

Back
Top Bottom