Section 103 seats - any good?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

srk2fd

The Fly
Hi guys - I'm looking for tickets to the Houston show. Have been to countless shows and ALWAYS GA but this time the wifey's pregnant so we have to do seats.

I've looked at pics of the stage design and have some seats in section 103 I'm checking out. Anyone know if that view is good (want to make sure the tree wouldn't obstruct, that I'd have a good view throughout the show, etc)

Any suggestions would be appreciated. If not 103, what are the best sections to be looking at?

Thanks so much for advice...

No, the tree stage won't obstruct your view, it's only at ground level. However, there are four relay towers at the far end of the field. One of these may obstruct seats in 103 a little.

Here's a pic to give you some idea.
C_rzbm0UAAQFReA.jpg

Thanks for the picture! That helps a lot!

I have two options for tickets - section 103 row A which gets me close to the action, or section 135 row N - a little further back but a straight view of the stage/screen.

What do you guys suggest, for those that have seen the set up?

The obstructed seats closer to the field are only obstructed by the actual relay towers. Those higher in the stadium are obstructed by the (much bigger) speaker stacks at the top of the towers. So row A should definitely be fine, row N probably will be. But it may also have to contend with the sound booth, maybe blocking the b-stage?

I'd go 103 A, I think it's close enough to straight on, a bit closer to the main stage, will also be closer to the b-stage, & could feed off the energy on the floor, though the floors a bit sparse that far back. I haven't seen the show live, so grain of salt etc etc.

How far along is the wife's pregnancy? If you can't give up on GA, the area behind RZ seems to be a place you can get a rail without much waiting. Just sayin' :wink:

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice - she's 2nd trimester and can't stand that long so GA is definitely out....

I'll go 103 then - my fear was that I wouldn't have as good a view of the screen, but I'd be closer to the action...

If anyone' s been to a show so far and has advice, I'd love to hear it before I pull the trigger on these tickets.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom